Pics Of My Fiero

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Pics Of My Fiero

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 1969CamaroSS350's Avatar
    Thanks

Pics Of My Fiero

My mom's boyfriend finally gave it to me. He ended up only paying $300 for it. It's an '87 GT with and Automatic. I plan on painting it either that Fiero Blue(not sure of the name) or Black with the rims gold. Any comments. I know it isn't perfect...far from it but for what he paid it's pretty ***************ing awesome.
    Hidden Content

My Cars
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro - In The Process Of Being Restored, 350 V8 and 2-Speed PowerGlide
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica, S/C 3800, 66,000 miles
    1993 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8 DOHC, 165,605 miles as of 7/24
    "I didn't mean to wreck him, I just meant to rattle his cage a bit." - Dale Earnhardt

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 965 Posts
    My Ride
    です

Re: Pics Of My Fiero

What a great looking car, one of my favorite Pontiac's. You should try to drop a V8 under the hood.

Thanks

Very nice. Have you joined up here yet: www.fiero.nl ?
    There's no apology for stupid, boy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 1969CamaroSS350's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks...I'd actually like to drop a Quad 4 or a S/C 3800. I haven't joined yet...probably do that right now. Does anyone know how this car would be in the winter?
    Hidden Content

My Cars
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro - In The Process Of Being Restored, 350 V8 and 2-Speed PowerGlide
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica, S/C 3800, 66,000 miles
    1993 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8 DOHC, 165,605 miles as of 7/24
    "I didn't mean to wreck him, I just meant to rattle his cage a bit." - Dale Earnhardt

Thanks

Fiero's are terrible in snow.

The heaters work well though
    There's no apology for stupid, boy!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

I was thinking the MR drivetrain would be good in the snow. Well, at least you don't have to worry much about exterior rust (lucky bum).

I'm sure the 2.8L isn't slow, but there are a lot of cool choices for engines if you wish to swap. I think most go with a Series II 3800 S/C (L67). Plenty of aftermarket potential. V8s are cool, but to me, a small light car shouldn't have a motor that big regardless of HP. The Cobalt SS 2.0L would be pretty sweet if you like 4 bangers. A 3.6L would be about the same as far as stock HP with the L67.

I guess the Twin Dual Cam 3.4L DOHC is also popular, since I guess it bolts in without fuss, and I think the stock electronics are capable of controlling it.

Anyway, nice ride. I seriously considered a Fiero before I met Reatta.
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information