Our new RV!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our new RV!!

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fenderbender's Avatar
    Thanks

Our new RV!!

Well, ok actually my Aunt and Unlces new rv. It is a 2007(sorry I forget what the brand name is and stuff, I don't know rvs very well) and they custom ordered it. It's 43 feet long and has a 400 cummins diesel in it. It is supposed to get around 6-8mpg, which isn't too bad if you think about it.

On the outside they got the bug shield, propane attachment for a grill, a motorized spotlight(little detail but that thing is sweet!) and something really neat, on the right side, the first door that looks like storage is actually a pull out slide out tv and radio(see picture) Also, it has 3 slides. There are 2 on the left, and the WHOLE right side slides out making for a huge walkway in the middle of the rv.

The inside is very nice as well. They have 2 directv HD boxes, and a 42 inch sony plasma HDTV and I think around a 20 inch plasma in the master bedroom. It has one full bath and one half bath. It has a couch that folds out into a queen size bed, and another sort of pull out couch that is a little bit smaller (it's not the table, that doesn't transform into anyting) The driver and passenger's seats are incredibly comfortable, and totally electonic. It also has a navigation unit up front, with not 1 but 3 cameras attached! One is in the rear, and 2 are on the sides. Of course you have to have it, an air horn.

More cool features include mini like radar detectors-they are placed all over the thing, and if you are going down the highway and you decide to pass the guy in front of you, and put on your left turn signal the left camera will come up, then if you still don't see the person who might be beside you, the radar will detect them and warn you, I think it might not even let you go, but I'm not positive. The radar in front is used during cruise control. If you are set at going 70, and the person in front of you is going 50, it will detect that and will automatically slow you down. Pretty sweet huh?! Ever have that disgusting feeling when you have just emptied your rv holding tank. Not anymore, with this system, it has a setup for and outside shower, and right at the controls for the tank, there are paper towls, wipes, and soap right on hand.

All in all-I WANT ONE! Luckily they are taking me and some of my buddies on a trip soon!

My Rides

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR-2 5 speed
    -K&N Intake | Custom Dual Exhaust | Cowl Hood
    Panasonic Head Unit | Dual Speakers | Legacy Rebel Amp | 10" Kicker Comp Subs

2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4X4
    -3000lb. Xtreme Winch| Removed Baffle
    Fog Lights

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Our new RV!!

Another Picture. By the way, how do you upload more then one picture at a time?

My Rides

Fog Lights

Premium Member
    Thanks

Wow your Aunt and Uncle obviously got some bucks. Those things ain't cheap. It is a nice vehicle though.

I expect GMMediumDutyMQ will be by shortly to drool over your pics.

You should be able to attach multiple pictures. I think you just need to hit the Insert Image button for each pic individually.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC 01IntrigueGX's Avatar
    Thanks

That is an 2007 American Eagle 42F. Gotta love them Fleetwood RV's. Had a 1998/99 Bounder a long time ago, was a lot of fun.
    In the Garage:
    2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6
    2013 Ford C-Max SE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 01IntrigueGX
    That is an 2007 American Eagle 42F. Gotta love them Fleetwood RV's. Had a 1998/99 Bounder a long time ago, was a lot of fun.
    My grandma and grandpa also had one similar to this. My uncle was riding in it one time and released the parking brake (he was 12 I think) and it rolled into another car and did some major damage.

My Rides

Fog Lights

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

that things cool and all and congratulations, but im sorry, thats not camping. thats temporarily moving. gimme a tent and im good to go.
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24
    that things cool and all and congratulations, but im sorry, thats not camping. thats temporarily moving. gimme a tent and im good to go.
    That is true, which is why I don't have one, and you know that I don't have that kind of money to spare. I'm like you, I'd rather go up in the middle of nowhere with some buddies, a few tents a fishing pole and a knife for a week. Now that is camping!

My Rides

Fog Lights

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Nice rig. I worked at a RV dealership here in MI that my friend's father owns, actually one of the top dealers in the state, largest indoor showroom, and from what I understand the first dealership to sell RVs way back when..place has alot of history, anyways. Congrats to your aunt and uncle, their going to love that for trips no doubt, that had to have set them back a pretty penny. Being in and out of "Class A" RVs, like that one, so much, I honestly could live in one and aside from not having a garage I would love it!

If you can, get a front end shot. One thing i've noticed about alot of the "Class A" RVs is that the headlights they use come from Ford or Chevy pick-ups..but it looks great, gives it character and probably keeps the cost down for replacment (however with RVs NOTHING ever seems to be cheap..like everything thats recreational and fun in life)

F-150

Thanks

Alright I'll give you a front shot, and yea I see the Ford lights in your picture. I want to upload all the pictures but I don't know how do you?

My Rides

Fog Lights

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbender
    Alright I'll give you a front shot, and yea I see the Ford lights in your picture. I want to upload all the pictures but I don't know how do you?
    Well you could use Photobucket.com and upload them there and then post them up here..if you want to do that I could give you more detailed instructions if you cannot figure it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    Well you could use Photobucket.com and upload them there and then post them up here..if you want to do that I could give you more detailed instructions if you cannot figure it out.
    I know how to do that, but that is so stupid, why can't we just do it on this website?

My Rides

Fog Lights

Thanks

Dude, I want one of those so bad to take to Bama games and Nascar races. That would be so fun.
    2016 Silverado 2500HD High Country

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drew630
    Dude, I want one of those so bad to take to Bama games and Nascar races. That would be so fun.
    Yes, yes it would. Luckily I'll be going on a road trip with it soon!!

My Rides

Fog Lights

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

I always have loved RVs. I wish to get a nice model one day. You can go around and travel around the country while enjoying the sights and journey in an RV. That sounds like fun.

Sounds cool fenderbender! I hope you can enjoy it.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

Here are finally all the pictures!

My Rides

Fog Lights

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information