New vehicles in the driveway (both HHR & Roach replaced)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: New vehicles in the driveway (both HHR & Roach replaced)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

New vehicles in the driveway (both HHR & Roach replaced)

We learned that I will most likely need a wheelchair on occasion and as of late I have been unable to drive the HHR for longer than 10 minutes without having issue (manual transmission).

Our first acquisition happened early last week. Our goal was to find an older Suburban that I could convert to E-85 capable and possibly play around with hydrogen boost. We started by looking around town but ended up at our favorite dealer (Loren Berg Chevrolet). They had a 1992 Chevy Suburban K1500 Silverado with 183k miles that was originally destined for the Gypsies (yes, there really are Gypsies in Oregon). Old 183k vehicles don't get any nicer than this one. Everything works perfect, there are no major dents, rips, etc. and it doesn't even smell of old vehicle. The previous owner (female) had it serviced at the dealer and almost everyone there knew her. The truck has been affectionately named Billy. This past weekend Billy took the girls and I to Eugene and during the trip I "fell in love". Billy has become "mine".

Now on to the second rig. Yesterday, after driving the HHR less than 5 minutes I had to pull over to let my wife drive. Because of that we decided to head to our favorite dealer and see what they had. We thought about trading in the HHR for another older Suburban but when we got to the dealer and started looking my wife decided she didn't want something "old". I have taken a fond liking to Billy so I let her choose what ever vehicle she wanted (as long as it was an automatic and could fit a wheelchair in the back). Her pick: 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT (now know as Bob). The vehicle was bought and cared for by a neighbor of Loren (the owner). She (the previous owner) is an "older" lady who's husband is a top guy for DR Horton. Bob was traded in for a 2008 Suburban. The Tahoe looks newer and nicer than our HHR. My wife picked it because of all the options and the fact that it is E85 capable.

So now our home has a Suburban and Tahoe (his and hers). Sorry, I don't have pictures of the Billy, but you can go to www.flickr.com/dsuupr for photos of Bob
    Last edited by osv_alero; 08-10-2008 at 09:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 BusyBody's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New vehicles in the driveway (both HHR & Roach replaced)

Congratulations, I hope your new vehicles are more comfortable to drive.
    2008 Black Impala LTZ, titanium leather, sunroof, and Bose stereo.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

Hope everything works out for you, osv_alero, and congrats on the two new rides.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 3,409 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

OSV_Alero, congratulations on your new rides. I hope you get to enjoy them. I also pray that you get better.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information