New Ss-v Sportwagon

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: New Ss-v Sportwagon

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Hello all im a GM worker from Adelaide,Australia this is my first post so please be kind to me!
    Im picking up a new SS-V Sportwagon next week and thought i might share the experience with everyone. If anyone has any questions they would like answered please feel free to ask id be more than happy to reply.

    Regards.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Baz
    Baz is offline
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    434
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Pictures when ya get the car

    Welcome to the forums mate

  4. #3
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    18,165
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 933 Times in 639 Posts
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Welcome to GMI 007

    First question; "When can I borrow the keys?" I don't mind letting you borrow mine in the interim

    Second question; did you option a rear view camera?
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Welcome abard!

    Love the cars you're building down under. We are very happy with the G8 (Commodore SS) at our dealership! I just hope the G8 doesn't disappear from the lineup here in the US.

    ~Brian

  7. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Welcome to GMI 007

    First question; "When can I borrow the keys?" I don't mind letting you borrow mine in the interim

    Second question; did you option a rear view camera?
    No, unfortunatly the camera option wasn't available when the order was placed.

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Flynbyu View Post
    Welcome abard!

    Love the cars you're building down under. We are very happy with the G8 (Commodore SS) at our dealership! I just hope the G8 doesn't disappear from the lineup here in the US.

    ~Brian
    The G8 is a fantastic car, just wait till the GXP manual arrives over there it is just awsome to drive. I dont understand why they are not selling as well as expected though.

  9. #7
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    18,165
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 933 Times in 639 Posts
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    I'll assume that you haven't been on a US forum before so I'll give you an insight into the North American Auto Market. ALL cars must have:

    Nav (unavailable on the G8 because they can't look low enough to see the G8s multifunction screen without driving off the road in a screaming fiery finale).....it has to be mounted higher to meet their "ADR"s.

    Number of Big gulp cup holders equivalent to the maximum number of hands possible in the car at any one time.

    Multi-speed vibrating seats with auto seatbelts

    oh and most importantly for a performance car, the power window switches must be on the doors, not the centre console as per the G8.


    Has anyone mentioned to you, the number 1 selling car in the US?

    Best-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

    1. Ford F-Series

    2. Chevrolet Silverado

    3. Toyota Camry

    4. Honda Accord

    5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix

    6. Honda Civic

    7. Chevrolet Impala

    8. Nissan Altima

    9. Dodge Ram

    10. Honda CR-V

    LINK

    P.S. Don't worry too much about insulting Americans. They just think we are being funny.






    .......
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  10. #8
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    18,165
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 933 Times in 639 Posts
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    On a more serious note, do you work in engineering within Holden? The reason I ask is, we are reasonably puzzled by the exclusion of an LSD from the Country suspension option for the VE. My reasoning is that those that require country suspension are the VE same people whom are most likely to be subjecting their Commodore to low traction environments.

    I understand that ESP does help control in low traction environments, but this is done through braking of the wheel that spins fastest or limiting engine power. The last thing I want, when traversing an incline on wet grass, is less power.

    The only conclusion at which I arise is that the LSD is part of the FE2 suspension module used during manufacturing. So rather than have a bunch of options that are made to order, there is 4 different modules: Standard, FE2/LSD, FE1.5, FR1.

    Still, surely those that order FR1 would hardly baulk at an LSD being part of the package.

    The only major difference is the LSD additive required at service.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  11. #9
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    18,165
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 933 Times in 639 Posts
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon


    Granted, most people wouldn't bother putting a wagon were I put mine, but the LSD has certainly earned my gratitude.

    Even the farm road can get fairly slippery.



    Sorry mate. I do that sometimes
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  12. #10
    Baz
    Baz is offline
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    434
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Nice number plate(s)

  13. #11
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    18,165
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 933 Times in 639 Posts
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Yet you say nothing about my whoring

    I got over the whole changing the plates thing about 2 years ago.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  14. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    I'll assume that you haven't been on a US forum before so I'll give you an insight into the North American Auto Market. ALL cars must have:

    Nav (unavailable on the G8 because they can't look low enough to see the G8s multifunction screen without driving off the road in a screaming fiery finale).....it has to be mounted higher to meet their "ADR"s.

    Number of Big gulp cup holders equivalent to the maximum number of hands possible in the car at any one time.

    Multi-speed vibrating seats with auto seatbelts

    oh and most importantly for a performance car, the power window switches must be on the doors, not the centre console as per the G8.


    Has anyone mentioned to you, the number 1 selling car in the US?

    Best-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

    1. Ford F-Series

    2. Chevrolet Silverado

    3. Toyota Camry

    4. Honda Accord

    5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix

    6. Honda Civic

    7. Chevrolet Impala

    8. Nissan Altima

    9. Dodge Ram

    10. Honda CR-V

    LINK

    P.S. Don't worry too much about insulting Americans. They just think we are being funny.






    .......
    No im not in engineering, i work in Quality, and unfortuanatly cant answer your question but from experience i would bet that it has something to do with minimising parts as you mentioned.

  15. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    On a more serious note, do you work in engineering within Holden? The reason I ask is, we are reasonably puzzled by the exclusion of an LSD from the Country suspension option for the VE. My reasoning is that those that require country suspension are the VE same people whom are most likely to be subjecting their Commodore to low traction environments.

    I understand that ESP does help control in low traction environments, but this is done through braking of the wheel that spins fastest or limiting engine power. The last thing I want, when traversing an incline on wet grass, is less power.

    The only conclusion at which I arise is that the LSD is part of the FE2 suspension module used during manufacturing. So rather than have a bunch of options that are made to order, there is 4 different modules: Standard, FE2/LSD, FE1.5, FR1.

    Still, surely those that order FR1 would hardly baulk at an LSD being part of the package.

    The only major difference is the LSD additive required at service.
    sorry wrong quote!!

  16. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    I'll assume that you haven't been on a US forum before so I'll give you an insight into the North American Auto Market. ALL cars must have:

    Nav (unavailable on the G8 because they can't look low enough to see the G8s multifunction screen without driving off the road in a screaming fiery finale).....it has to be mounted higher to meet their "ADR"s.

    Number of Big gulp cup holders equivalent to the maximum number of hands possible in the car at any one time.

    Multi-speed vibrating seats with auto seatbelts

    oh and most importantly for a performance car, the power window switches must be on the doors, not the centre console as per the G8.


    Has anyone mentioned to you, the number 1 selling car in the US?

    Best-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

    1. Ford F-Series

    2. Chevrolet Silverado

    3. Toyota Camry

    4. Honda Accord

    5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix

    6. Honda Civic

    7. Chevrolet Impala

    8. Nissan Altima

    9. Dodge Ram

    10. Honda CR-V

    LINK

    P.S. Don't worry too much about insulting Americans. They just think we are being funny.






    .......
    Yanks, just like a women, cant live with em cant live without em

  17. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Ss-v Sportwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    I'll assume that you haven't been on a US forum before so I'll give you an insight into the North American Auto Market. ALL cars must have:

    Nav (unavailable on the G8 because they can't look low enough to see the G8s multifunction screen without driving off the road in a screaming fiery finale).....it has to be mounted higher to meet their "ADR"s.

    Number of Big gulp cup holders equivalent to the maximum number of hands possible in the car at any one time.

    Multi-speed vibrating seats with auto seatbelts

    oh and most importantly for a performance car, the power window switches must be on the doors, not the centre console as per the G8.


    Has anyone mentioned to you, the number 1 selling car in the US?

    Best-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

    1. Ford F-Series

    2. Chevrolet Silverado

    3. Toyota Camry

    4. Honda Accord

    5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix

    6. Honda Civic

    7. Chevrolet Impala

    8. Nissan Altima

    9. Dodge Ram

    10. Honda CR-V

    LINK

    P.S. Don't worry too much about insulting Americans. They just think we are being funny.






    .......
    oh and dont forget that the hsv steering wheel used on the gxp is too thick!!!

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2