**New Pics Added**Nsap's 2009 Focus SEL - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **New Pics Added**Nsap's 2009 Focus SEL

Thanks

Re: Nsap's 2009 Focus SEL

Nice car. I'm with the crowd that thinks the exterior got a bit messed up, especially the side vents. The front actually looks pretty good in that color though. The interior is very nice too, as are all the features.

I was a bit put off by your comment on the Cobalt's design, but I see 01IntrigueGX pointed out the reason why. It's not like the Focus is exactly an all-new-for-2008 car either, though the interior update is great. Gotta remember, supposedly Ford backpedaled a bit during the refresh, actually decontenting some. Not that GM is any less guilty..

Anyway, congrats on the new ride!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 01IntrigueGX View Post
    Technically, the Focus suspension has not been fully revamped since its original 1999 introduction. It did have a few updates such as dampener settings and bushing improvements for 2008, but the overall setup is almost 10 years old.

Anyways, nice vehicle, and thank you for supporting my local economy!
    And sadly the Focus's 1999 suspension is more modern than the Cobalt's designed-for-2003 suspension.

Remember: Cobalt is still wearing the torsion beam rear setup.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USA1Fan View Post
    I was a bit put off by your comment on the Cobalt's design, but I see 01IntrigueGX pointed out the reason why. It's not like the Focus is exactly an all-new-for-2008 car either, though the interior update is great. Gotta remember, supposedly Ford backpedaled a bit during the refresh, actually decontenting some. Not that GM is any less guilty..

Anyway, congrats on the new ride!
    That's just my opinion. Design is an important selling point for me. I drove a 2003 and 2005 Focus regularly. The 2005 was sadly decontented from the 2003, but the 2008-9 is far from being cut from in comparison to the old one.

My 2009 Focus has acoustically laminated glass on the windshield and here GM removed that from the Aura!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    That's just my opinion. Design is an important selling point for me. I drove a 2003 and 2005 Focus regularly. The 2005 was sadly decontented from the 2003, but the 2008-9 is far from being cut from in comparison to the old one.

My 2009 Focus has acoustically laminated glass on the windshield and here GM removed that from the Aura!!
    I just test drove a Ford Focus coupe this evening. I think for the price it's a good car but it's not really the car for me. I was impressed with its quietness though - engine noise was pretty good and wind and tire noise was almost non-existent. I definitely think Ford has come a long way and I think if Ford keeps on improving their vehicles they will certainly have a better chance of attracting import buyers.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darndot View Post
    I don't understand. How can you want to be an administrator of GMI ,and own something besides a GM product? Something is not quite right with that.
    I agree...

Everyone, get a hat!

Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

^^^

I like the interior NSAP and from all reports of just about every version of the Focus since 1999, it is going to be a nice drive. Enjoy.

P.S. I'd like to hear how you go with fuel economy.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks

Your new Ford looks very nice, nsap. And I'm glad they put rear headrests (three of them!) on the 2009s.

My first car might not be a GM car myself - along with 01-02 Olds Auroras, I'm also looking at 01-03 Dodge Intrepids.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

NSAP, you're one of the reasons I think think this is the best auto forum around. It's geared toward GM but the people hare are very open minded and critical thinkers. They know a good product when they see one and don't blindly bash everything without the GM square.

I think the rivalry between GM and Ford is ludicrous in a market where both of them are struggling together to keep Detroit afloat. IMO, if you buy from Detroit, then I don't care what brand you buy, you made the right choice!

Thanks for the great photos, I had no idea the doors had that leather stitching, VERY sharp! My Dad is looking to unload his Ranger and wants a Focus, if I showed him this he will go out and find one just like it (although I know it's REALLY hard to get your hands on a Focus these days). I'm actually hoping he'll hold out for the 2010 Fusion I4, that's going to be a brilliant car.

Why doesn't your Focus include a spoiler? Did you ask for it to be deleted? Can you show us a picture of the rear?
    Last edited by BORG; 09-20-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    NSAP, you're one of the reasons I think think this is the best auto forum around. It's geared toward GM but the people hare are very open minded and critical thinkers. They know a good product when they see one and don't blindly bash everything without the GM square.

I think the rivalry between GM and Ford is ludicrous in a market where both of them are struggling together to keep Detroit afloat. IMO, if you buy from Detroit, then I don't care what brand you buy, you made the right choice!

Thanks for the great photos, I had no idea the doors had that leather stitching, VERY sharp! My Dad is looking to unload his Ranger and wants a Focus, if I showed him this he will go out and find one just like it (although I know it's REALLY hard to get your hands on a Focus these days). I'm actually hoping he'll hold out for the 2010 Fusion I4, that's going to be a brilliant car.

Why doesn't your Focus include a spoiler? Did you ask for it to be deleted? Can you show us a picture of the rear?
    Thanks Borg, I appreciate the comments.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

NSAP, great purchase. I have looked at the SEL trim and it is very nice. It is a good car that happens to be small. I am most jealous of Sync.

As for Cobalt torsion bar.... true. That situation is reversed when Camaro hits the streets and compared to Mustang.

Buying a Ford meets all those analytical arguments for domestic lovers too. Same for Chryslerebus.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well since this thread is alive again, I will add more pics as promised.

Sub in the trunk

Factory chrome-tipped exhaust

Close-up of paint

Ambient Lighting

Sorry for the poor pics of the ambient lighting. I was trying to avoid flash....

I LOVE the little bugger still. I just racked up 1,200 miles on it.
    Last edited by nsap; 09-20-2008 at 09:50 PM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: **New Pics Added**Nsap's 2009 Focus SEL

Do you like having the screen for the radio up high or would you have rather it been a conventional design? It looks like one of those things you have to get used to.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
    Do you like having the screen for the radio up high or would you have rather it been a conventional design? It looks like one of those things you have to get used to.
    I have not really even had to adjust to it, so I guess I'm neutral on it. I do like it however when my phone rings...the caller ID shows up there. Having the CID show up there is better than having to look where the conventional radio LCD is.

So yeah, I like it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Gotta ask since I am possibly buying one soon, how is the mileage so far?

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iamwin View Post
    Gotta ask since I am possibly buying one soon, how is the mileage so far?
    On all highway, driving 65-70 MPH I have been consistently getting 33-34 MPG.

For awhile I drove it strictly in my small town...was averaging 24-25 MPG. That is in constant stop-go situations. That impressed me more than the highway mileage.

The Duratec 20 takes awhile to break in though, so expect improvement after several thousand miles. Also note that gas mileage on the Focus tends to take a hit during winter...more than most cars. At least the old Focus did.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information