New Cruze

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cruze

GMI Contributor Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

New Cruze

Well, over the long Victoria Day weekend my daughter had a bad accident wherein our 2011 Cruze was totalled. The frame was bent in 3 places, including a bad torsional twist that isn't visible in the picture though you can see frame damage between the driver and passenger door.

It used to look like this:

Thankfully the Cruze withstood its impact with the Crown Victoria and subsequent smash into the corner of a building so well that both passengers -- my wife and daughter -- walked away little more than bruises and cuts. Obviously we were all thankful.

Thus, we decided that the replacement for our red 2011 Cruze would be another 2011 Cruze. My daughter wanted a specific colour the first time around -- Ice Blue Metallic -- but it wasn't offered last fall. It is now. And so, here is the new car.

I gotta say, I actually really like the colour. My daughter, on the other hand, is giddy over it.

No interior shots as they look just like our old Cruze. We opted for the same package, a nearly fully loaded LTZ less RS package and Nav as both were over priced for what they gave you.

Here's to never having to seriously test the safety of this car again. But many thanks to the folks at GM who designed and build these Cruzes. They are extremely safe. They should be proud of what they do! Our insurance firm was bowled over by how well it withstood the multiple impacts and how little injury to the occupants was sustained. They were not surprised when we purchased a nearly identical car, albeit in Ice Blue Metallic -- or as I prefer to call it, Powder Blue .
    "Christians should not hold dumb opinions about the natural world based solely on misreadings of the Bible, especially opinions that can be demonstrably falsified by Reason, lest the Faith be subject to ridicule and mockery." -- St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Stop being dicks to the poor." Pope Francis, paraphrased.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Re: New Cruze

Good to know all are safe.

I think GM should use this as opportunity to contact zete and make adv from the real incident , real people and market the car.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

I really like the ice blue metallic. Very sharp.

Thank goodness they are OK. The only time I was ever angered by what I was reading on this board is when some poo-pooed the fact that the Cruze has 10 airbags. It needs more horsepower, less weight, etc, they said. Who cares if it has 10 airbags, they said.
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1994 Volvo 940 Turbo

Glad to hear your daughter emerged from her altercation unscathed, and best of luck with her second Cruze LTZ.
    Gone but never forgotten:

1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport
    1992 Mercury Sable GS
    2004 Honda Accord LX
    2007 Hyundai Sonata

Eric Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm also glad to hear that all were well-protected and ended up sustaining only minor injuries.

Many safe and happy miles with the new Cruze.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Congrats on your new Cruze. Hopefully a much longer ownership experience this time around.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Congrats on your new Cruze. Hopefully a much longer ownership experience this time around.
    Yeah, I hope it lasts a good long time accident free. The past couple of weeks has been too much excitement, paperwork, etc. Luckily our insurance firm has been top notch. And our Chev dealer was nice enough to find and get in the car we wanted even though inventories are tight at the moment.
    "Christians should not hold dumb opinions about the natural world based solely on misreadings of the Bible, especially opinions that can be demonstrably falsified by Reason, lest the Faith be subject to ridicule and mockery." -- St. Augustine of Hippo.

Thanks

Very nice car, hope this one is problem and collision free.

Thanks

As everyone else has stated, thank goodness your family is okay after that crash.

That Ice Blue Metallic is my favorite color for the Cruze... It looks great with the LTZ alloys...

Best wishes...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Good to see it offered the degree of safety so that your daughter and better half were not injured too severely.

Mike
    Mike McInerney

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Nice Crooz!

Ice Blue is my favorite color on that car.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

As per EURONCAP 2009 crash test, the Cruze has demonstrated to be a safe car in crash test.

In 2010 the EURONCAP crash test rules have been reinforced: as a first result, while in 2009 abt 90% of tested cars were able to get the 5 stars score, in 2010 only 65% of tested cars got the 5 stars mention.

Among them there's the Giulietta, with the highest score in its class.

Since the new Dodge C-compact wide => D-evo will be made on the same adaptive platform, and of course will be wider and longer than the Giulietta, it's expected that a similar excellent result in US crash tests is achieved.
    The new Dodge wiil be of the same class of the Cruze.

Safety first!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by web_captain View Post
    As per EURONCAP 2009 crash test, the Cruze has demonstrated to be a safe car in crash test.

In 2010 the EURONCAP crash test rules have been reinforced: as a first result, while in 2009 abt 90% of tested cars were able to get the 5 stars score, in 2010 only 65% of tested cars got the 5 stars mention.

Among them there's the Giulietta, with the highest score in its class.

Since the new Dodge C-compact wide => D-evo will be made on the same adaptive platform, and of course will be wider and longer than the Giulietta, it's expected that a similar excellent result in US crash tests is achieved.
    The new Dodge wiil be of the same class of the Cruze.

Safety first!
    My kids now comprehend my anal retentiveness re: safety. You can replace metal, you can't replace people. Safety is always at the top of my list.

And thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

Note that the car gets a lot of stares. The colour is so rare I've yet to see another one of that colour here in Ottawa. It is a very pretty blue.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cbennie2's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Saturn Astra Twilight Blu

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Nice Crooz!

Ice Blue is my favorite color on that car.
    glad to hear everyone is safe after that!

I really like the cruze in the ice blue too...I think it really shows of the car nicely...especially in pictures. some of the other colors don't do it justice.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by cbennie2 View Post
    glad to hear everyone is safe after that!

I really like the cruze in the ice blue too...I think it really shows of the car nicely...especially in pictures. some of the other colors don't do it justice.

Same reasons I like it.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information