My Silverado

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Silverado

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation My Silverado

i washed it today and figured id take some pics while it was all spiffy and clean. It is a dark blue metallic 2005 Silverado 1500 Z-71 Extended cab long bed w/ the 5.3. Its basically fully loaded- power all, leather, 6 cd, bose system, memory seats, automatic dual climate, tint, dimming mirrors, onstar, xm, you name it- the only disappointment is that it has 3.42 gears instead of 3.73 but thats ok for now. bought it with 19000 miles in novermber 2005. the only mods arent much- chrome covers on all the handles, the gas door, and the grille emblem is billet. yankee license plate frames. i put on an LED light bar that goes under the tailgate- in that gap above the bumper. its the fire and ice, i think it looks cool. its got a bed liner and the tonneau cover is a pace edwards- lockable, rolling hard top- i think its better than a true hard since it rolls. ive put on bigger tires too- pro comp all terrains, LT285/70/17, slightly bigger than a 33 (cranked the t-bars to fit them). hopefully by the end of the summer i will have a dual exhaust and headers installed (any suggestions? ive been looking at gibson, but im open to any ideas) or a ram air setup. not sure which way i want to go first, i think ill get more out of the exhaust. after both of those ill get a tune, but thats further down the road. its no 2007, but i love it nonetheless. i think this is one of the better stlyes of the truck- i dont like the 2006 hood, and i like it better than the 01-02 and the 90's (i used to own a 1996- thing was a tank). but anyway, here are some pics:

brakes....

...and at night.....

tails

reverse...

My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: My Silverado

I always thought your truck was black from the two pics in your profile.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AndrewGS's Avatar
    Thanks

She's a beaut, if I do say so myself. I personally like my Corsa exhaust and for headers I'd love to have the Dynatech SuperMAXX header and downpipe set. The factory downpipe is nice, but the Dynatech has high-flow cats. As for ram-air, I've got the Vararam VR-6 and I love it. I'm getting mine custom tuned pretty soon, that helps out performance and economy a good bit, especially with a few bolt-ons.
    Andrew - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - KD5FHW
    2014 Chevrolet Sonic RS
    2014 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost

Hidden Content
    Do you remember back in old LA, when everybody drove a Chevrolet? ♫

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Very nice, chakis!! Gotta love the Silvy's!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by TAHOE LT
    I always thought your truck was black from the two pics in your profile.
    LOL, I still thought it was even after seeing these. What is it, dark blue?
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,924 Times in 3,347 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

I alway thought this truck was black

Thanks

Nice truck man!!! How much did the Led strip cost?
    2016 Silverado 2500HD High Country

Thanks

Hey, looks almost like my truck! Nice truck! Also, where did you get that LED strip? I see you have the one with the backup lights as well as brake lights. I looked around for those on the net, but could only find the basic red LED brake light setup. I've been wanting to get those for my truck.
    My Facebook Art Page: Hidden Content
    My FineArtAmerica Page: Hidden Content
    My DeviantArt Page: Hidden Content
    My Instagram Page: Hidden Content

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice truck man!
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblebuffin
    Hey, looks almost like my truck! Nice truck! Also, where did you get that LED strip? I see you have the one with the backup lights as well as brake lights. I looked around for those on the net, but could only find the basic red LED brake light setup. I've been wanting to get those for my truck.
    Agreed, where did you get that strip?
    2015 Chrysler Town and Country
    2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 -- 86,000 miles

Family: 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ, 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ; 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS; 2015 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD; 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT; 2005 Chevrolet Impala

Thanks

for headers i would make sure to get long tube headers with a larger y-pipe. The catback doesn't really matter, its mainly there for sound. But I would also make sure to get a tune for the headers.

Thanks

thanks guys for all the compliments. yeah, i get that its black alot. its actually a really dark blue. i got the light strip from stylinconcepts.com its this one, the "Fire and Ice" i had mine hardwired into my trailer lights. cost 80 bucks for the bar- they have specials all the time so shipping was free- and then 65 for them to put it in. at first i just plugged it into the harness, but i didnt like the way it looked, so i had it done like this:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts..../categoryid/26

yeah, i saw that dynatech setup in one of my catalogs, it looks pretty sweet. i was thinking gibson for the exhaust because its the only company i can find that has a bolt on kit for my truck. ill remember to keep in mind to look for long tube headers. whats the difference between short and long besides the length? im gonna look into that ramair setup, i saw one in a catalog, it wasnt that tho and i cant remember the name. oh well, ill look into i though. thanks again for the compliments.
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Thanks

turns out day after i wash it a seagull decided to play target practice and scored a direct hit. right on the corner of the windshield where the wipers dont reach, go figure. we were at the beach so it probably happened there. i highly recommend for any of you beach going long islanders with a 4x4 to check out smith point. some pics (ive been on a photo spree lately):

haha. funny story from today. guy is there already parked trying to leave in his jacked up ford f-250 powerstroke. i mean 12" lift at least, 40" tires, complete overkill. he gets stuck trying to get out. he tries so hard he overheats his engine and needs to open the hood to let it cool. haha. stupid. he winds up gettin pulled out by a new dodge power wagon (the only non-gm truck i would buy, those things are nice). heres a pic of the truck:

just goes to show all the equipment in the world isnt gonna help if you dont know what youre doing.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AndrewGS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24
    Ok, now you're just showing off.

I got stuck after dark on East Beach in Galveston in my ZQ8 Sonoma some years back. After a couple minutes trying to rock it out I used my floor mats to get traction and get out of the soft stuff. It was a learning experience.
    Andrew - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - KD5FHW
    2014 Chevrolet Sonic RS
    2014 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost

Hidden Content
    Do you remember back in old LA, when everybody drove a Chevrolet? ♫

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

That was close Chakis24. You almost run over that poor (yet lovely) young lady. What was that thing (past your grille) in the first beach pic? Baja bug maybe?
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information