My new ride

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

My new ride

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to take pics of my new car but I thought I'd at least post what I bought lol. After selling the Accord (and making a profit thank god) I decided to go for something a bit older and more affordable but well looked after.

I ended up finding a nice, well maintained, low mileage 1992 Ford Thunderbird LX 5.0L. It only has 130,000 kms (81,000 mi) and was well looked after by an older couple. It's Oxford White with blue leather interior, has every option in it including the digital dash. It's got dual magnaflow exhaust and taurus sho wheels on it which go well with it.

I've had it for a few weeks now and have been enjoying it a lot. It's much nicer to drive than my Accord and handles better too. Now that I've owned a rear wheel drive car I definitely don't want to go back to front wheel drive. It really isn't the same! The 5.0L has good power too and if you keep your foot off it it gets good mileage too. I get the same fuel economy as my Accord V6 with it (around 10L/100 km).

I'm also really impressed with the build quality and the interior materials in it. It was definitely a great car in its time, especially compared to the GM W-Body coupes at that time. I looked at the late 90s Mustang as well, however I like how the T-Bird combines the attributes of the Mustang in a more refined, luxurious package.

I'm really enjoying it so far I will definitely post pics soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Re: My new ride

Those Thunderbirds are nice cars and you don't see very many of them anymore, Just do a tune up and bump up the timing a couple degrees and you should have that 5.0 purring like a kitten.

Thanks

Cool thanks! Yeah they're a really nice car. Friends of ours, the wife has a 93 SC - the only reason why they got the SC was because it was the only one they had in stock that had the colors she wanted lol. She's not interested in cars at all unfortunately.

Eventually when I get my next car I'll probably get a Mustang but I'd get the 05+ as they feel a bit more luxurious and roomier compared to the 94-04 Mustangs which are attributes that I like about the T-Bird versus the Mustangs of that time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1994 Volvo 940 Turbo

Awesome ride, IAMC. I loved my 88 T-Bird Sport, and someday would like to own an MN12. I have a friend that has a 96 LX with the 4.6, and he loves it. Good luck and post some pics!
    Gone but never forgotten:

1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport
    1992 Mercury Sable GS
    2004 Honda Accord LX
    2007 Hyundai Sonata

Eric Hidden Content

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Cool mate. I'v long wanted a 2 door coupe and really like the idea of a luxury coupe.Happy Motoring!
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Taglane's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome! I'll wait for pics!
    Hidden Content
    Don't hate. Appreciate.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice ride, great body style. Congrats!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

...even if it is a Ford.

Blue leather interior eh? That's something you don't see anymore.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Congrats! Can't wait till you get the pictures up here!
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - too many miles - July 2008-
    2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 177,000 miles August 2011-
    1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible 23,000 miles February 2004-
    -

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

You go through cars like underwear...lol.
    1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    210,725 km
    130,938 miles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    ...even if it is a Ford.

Blue leather interior eh? That's something you don't see anymore.
    Yeah blue is pretty rare nowadays, same with red. I got the 92 T-Bird brochure and saw that you could choose from Blue, Red, Black, Grey or Beige. I was also surprised that it has LED taillights as well (the brake/signal/tail lamps are standard bulbs), which was pretty rare at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief007
    You go through cars like underwear...lol.
    I know it's horrible! At least I made a profit with the last one lol! Makes me think twice about Honda's so-called reliability (transmission failures, engine problems), at least with the late 90s early 00s Accord V6s.

I'm going to get it washed and cleaned this week so when I do I'll post some pics!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
    Yeah blue is pretty rare nowadays, same with red.
    You can have pretty much any color you want now as long as its beige/grey/black. Every now and then there's brown (some late Mazdas, Saturn Aura, etc.), maybe orange, or bright red; the Fusion offers bright red or bright blue inserts on Sport trim. Though the Saturn Outlook's grey interior has a dark blue dashboard.
    I think the most recent all blue interiors were Audis for a couple years from 10 years ago, the 2001-03 Chrysler minivans, and the new Honda Pilot.

I got the 92 T-Bird brochure and saw that you could choose from Blue, Red, Black, Grey or Beige. I was also surprised that it has LED taillights as well (the brake/signal/tail lamps are standard bulbs), which was pretty rare at that time.
    Is that the trunk mounted section of the full-width taillamps? I knew they did some sort of lighting trick (IIRC because customers complained there was a huge piece of red reflector that didn't do anything ) but didn't think it was LEDs. Cool
    Looking forward to the pics
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdp326 View Post
    You can have pretty much any color you want now as long as its beige/grey/black. Every now and then there's brown (some late Mazdas, Saturn Aura, etc.), maybe orange, or bright red; the Fusion offers bright red or bright blue inserts on Sport trim. Though the Saturn Outlook's grey interior has a dark blue dashboard.
    I think the most recent all blue interiors were Audis for a couple years from 10 years ago, the 2001-03 Chrysler minivans, and the new Honda Pilot.

Is that the trunk mounted section of the full-width taillamps? I knew they did some sort of lighting trick (IIRC because customers complained there was a huge piece of red reflector that didn't do anything ) but didn't think it was LEDs. Cool
    Looking forward to the pics
    I think there are a few cars still out there that you can get with a blue interior. I haven't seen a full red interior in a long time though. I think white w/blue interior actually looks good and even a full red interior looks good with some exterior colors. It would be nice to have more color selection in cars instead of the same old grey/beige/black.

Yes, it's the trunk mounted section. I'll take a picture of it at night - it looks cool.

Thanks

Finally I have pics of my T-bird lol - talk about procrastination:

Full Album:

http://img7.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=thunderbird001.jpg

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
    Finally I have pics of my T-bird lol - talk about procrastination:

Full Album:

http://img7.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=thunderbird001.jpg
    It took you a month, you slacker!
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information