My new Grand Prix

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Grand Prix

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

My new Grand Prix

Here are the pictures of my new 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan:

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Re: My new Grand Prix

I know you have been wanting one for a while, looks great. Congrats!!

Thanks

Congrats man! I know you'll love it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I definitely will. It's amazing how much the 04+ GP's are so much nicer than the 97-03's. Plus I get OnStar free for a year LOL.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

I've never been a massive fan of the Grand Prix, but that actually looks like a bit of fun and it definitely has some bold american styling. Enjoy
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak
    I've never been a massive fan of the Grand Prix, but that actually looks like a bit of fun and it definitely has some bold american styling. Enjoy
    Thanks. It is a lot of fun to drive. I loved driving my old GP but this one is light years ahead in driving experience. I like the color black too but you have to wash it and look after it more which is fine.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MrJamesMc's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats on the new car purchase.
    Off topic a little bit, but what does the Green N sticker mean? I saw those all over Victoria, BC when i was in Canada so i thought to ask since you have it there on your car and you're Canadian. Thanks
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi.

Thanks

In BC we have what's called a Graduated Licensing Program. The rules have changed over the years on the regulations but it's a 3 stage program and they impose limitations on your driving and slowly remove them as you go through the stages until you get your regular license.

So first you get your L or Learner's License which you take a knowledge test for and must display a red L sign. When I got my L the rules at the time were you have it for 1 year or 9 months if you take a driving school program so I went with Young Driver's. You have to drive with an adult at all times and may have an additional passenger and you couldn't drive between midnight and 5 am, zero blood alcohol etc.

Then I took a roadtest to get my N or novice license which I passed and then I have to display a green N sign for 2 years (I have just over a year left) and can only have 1 passenger along with me unless it's an adult then I can have the max allowed in my car or immediate family, zero blood alcohol etc. At the time that I got it I didn't get any time reductions because I got it with my L but now with the N you can get a reduction on the time if you go with a driving school program.

Then I'll have to go for a final roadtest to get my regular or Class 5 license.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Strapping.Young.Lad's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrJamesMc
    Congrats on the new car purchase.
    Off topic a little bit, but what does the Green N sticker mean? I saw those all over Victoria, BC when i was in Canada so i thought to ask since you have it there on your car and you're Canadian. Thanks
    That means your a new driver. N=New
    L=Learners

Diff types of licenses.
    1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
    Formerly Known As: FordRules

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Congrats on the new car! I told you it was competely different than the older version!! I know you're going to love it ... and I bet it'll be as trouble free as my '05.

Don

Thanks

Thanks, I'm sure it will be

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice ride man! I have always been pretty fond of a nicely equipped Grand Prix, and it looks like you have a nice example here!
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks. I originally wanted one with the 5 Button DIC, but the 3 buttons got plenty of stuff to play around with. I especially like the tire pressure monitor, it's a great feature.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MrJamesMc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN
    In BC we have what's called a Graduated Licensing Program. The rules have changed over the years on the regulations but it's a 3 stage program and they impose limitations on your driving and slowly remove them as you go through the stages until you get your regular license.

So first you get your L or Learner's License which you take a knowledge test for and must display a red L sign. When I got my L the rules at the time were you have it for 1 year or 9 months if you take a driving school program so I went with Young Driver's. You have to drive with an adult at all times and may have an additional passenger and you couldn't drive between midnight and 5 am, zero blood alcohol etc.

Then I took a roadtest to get my N or novice license which I passed and then I have to display a green N sign for 2 years (I have just over a year left) and can only have 1 passenger along with me unless it's an adult then I can have the max allowed in my car or immediate family, zero blood alcohol etc. At the time that I got it I didn't get any time reductions because I got it with my L but now with the N you can get a reduction on the time if you go with a driving school program.

Then I'll have to go for a final roadtest to get my regular or Class 5 license.
    thanks then! That's neat. We have something similar to that in Texas. We get a permit at the age of fifteen after passing a written test, with that you have to have a licensed adult in the front seet. After recieving a permit, you have to wait atleast six months until you can get a license. So if you are already sixteen and late to get in driving school, you still have to wait six months, and you have to be sixteen to get a license. So after you get your license you have to wait another six months until you can drive with 2+ people outside of your family in the car. Once six months is up you can drive with as many people outside of your family you can buckle up. We don't have any sticker thing though so before my six month period was up i of course snuck around loads of people in my tahoe. The license though says what your restrictions are and what not, so if i got pulled over, i would have been screwed. Thanks again for telling me that though, pretty neat idea BC has.
    Last edited by MrJamesMc; 08-14-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi.

Thanks

Most people around here hate it. It has a good purpose but you have to spend like $100 each time for the roadtest and license.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information