My new GP is finally home.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new GP is finally home.

Thanks

My new GP is finally home.

I know, most of you hate the Grand Prix and prefer the Aussie G8 that is imo, is uglier, I finally took a delivery of the last breed, 08 Grand Prix home today. I really love the car. And, since I can care less about the power nor drivetrain, this car fits my need perfectly, and it's like a dreams come true to me. GP used to be my target a long time ago, and I was always unlucky with the money, so I had to let it slip away from my hands, until now. It wasn't a cheap car, but I think all of my hard earned money was worth it. Leather, Sunroof, Sport package, Monsoon Audio(which I don't really see that necessary, but it came with it), ABS and bunch of new tech gizmos that comes with it really makes me HAPPY.

I didn't take any pictures since I know most of you hates the Grand Prix(that is the reason that GM killed it I think), and knows what it look like. Unless I get a demand, I won't post any pictures, though I AM going to take some tomorrow when there is light(daytime),(For it is a dark right now)

Hopefully, I will be having a long, happy miles with my new baby.

Last edited by GrandPrix08; 02-02-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 W.A.F.U.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My new GP is finally home.

Congrats, the GP is a more than competent vehicle that doesn't get the due it deserves.

Thanks

Congrats for you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,046 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

All that matters is that your happy with your purchase.

Congratulations and its still an awesome car.

Enjoy and let us know how your enjoying it.

JB
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

No one hates the Grand Prix here, that's just your supposition. And congrats on a great purchase, hope you have many, many happy miles with it.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Congratulations! Post some pictures when you get a chance...

Thanks

Here are some pics I took earlier today and a video clip I recorded. I am loving every detail of it. I am sharing them with you right now, though I wasn't goin to, but I was like what the heck. The sun's glare made it a bit of a challenge to take a good photo, but at least my Samsung camera did a decent job on them, though not perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdMm9dmvlkQ
    Yep, that's me right there, I am a fat little Asian dude as you can see in the clip.

Last edited by GrandPrix08; 03-02-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

Great pics of a beautiful car, once again, congrats.

Oh and nice Grand Am further up the driveway too.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 BusyBody's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice car, congratulations. I think the Grand Prix is a very comfortable car as well.
    2008 Black Impala LTZ, titanium leather, sunroof, and Bose stereo.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it considered a GT? Someday I wish to have a GTP Comp G
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPrix08 View Post
    I know, most of you hate the Grand Prix and prefer the Aussie G8 that is imo, is uglier, I finally took a delivery of the last breed, 08 Grand Prix home today. I really love the car. And, since I can care less about the power nor drivetrain, this car fits my need perfectly, and it's like a dreams come true to me. GP used to be my target a long time ago, and I was always unlucky with the money, so I had to let it slip away from my hands, until now. It wasn't a cheap car, but I think all of my hard earned money was worth it. Leather, Sunroof, Sport package, Monsoon Audio(which I don't really see that necessary, but it came with it), ABS and bunch of new tech gizmos that comes with it really makes me HAPPY.

I didn't take any pictures since I know most of you hates the Grand Prix(that is the reason that GM killed it I think), and knows what it look like. Unless I get a demand, I won't post any pictures, though I AM going to take some tomorrow when there is light(daytime),(For it is a dark right now)

Hopefully, I will be having a long, happy miles with my new baby.

I wouldn't say everyone hates Grand Prix's here at all... lurking around, you can see a bunch of GP owners here... they've tended to be the more aggresively styled of the W-bodies... the GP's look pretty nice in black too...

Since the Camaro was announced, it was known that 2 of the 4 W-bodies would be put out of production... Monte went out months ago, and since the G8 is in production, I think they decided that Pontiac needed a new RWD car before Buick, so the GP was the odd car out...

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I have a white 2006 GP GXP and I will tell you that it's probably one of the most underrated cars produced in the last 10 years. Sure, it has it's glitches and niggles, and the styling isn't for everyone, but for the price, it's an incredibly stout, well-behaved, powerful car that surprises a lot of folks. Congrats and good luck with your GP!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Nice Grand Prix, I have a black 2007 that's almost exactly like that. Mine only has the Driver's Package (Canadian Package) though which has the dual exhaust, fog lights, polished rims, remote start, leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and leather wrapped shifter. I've had it for 6 months now and really like it and haven't had any problems with it. Once my lease is up on the GP then I'll probably look at the G8, Camaro or something like that. Anyway, enjoy your new Grand Prix as much as I enjoy mine.

Thanks

Thank you all. It's now got about 560 miles on it, and the more I drive it, the more comfortable it becomes. The seats are really of the high quality and soft to the touch. It gives me the quality feel I didn't notice with my previous 2 Pontiacs(92 Sunbird, and 99 Grandam). Oh, as for features, the one my car has are: Polished Rims, Leather Interior, 6CD Changer with Monsoon 9 speaker stereo(which I don't really care that much), Sport Package(Fog Lights, Dual exhast), Sunroof, ABS, Steering mounted radio controls, Polished interior door handles, Heated Seats, Fold Flat Passenger Seat(I think it's standard), and Trunk Cargo Net(I think it's standard). It's pretty much loaded, only thing it doesn't have is the security package(Side Curtain Airbags), which I don't think I will need it, I HOPE I won't need it. I paid around $24,700 for the car price for it before taxes and stuff, which I think was a pretty good price, though it's not cheap.

If I get a chance, I will take some more pics and post them. Due to the foul weather we had in New Jersey(Snow, rain, and sleet and Icy conditions), my car is now a mess, I need a wash soon, ALREADY. I guess that's a drawback of having a black car.
    Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

That is a pretty Grand prix. It is sad to me that another old GM name is being retired. I had a 64 GP and miss it. The Grand Prix name served GM well for many years. Congratulations.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information