GM Inside News Forum banner

My New Car!

6K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  smith7629 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, sort of. New in terms of "new", but not new to me.

Let me explain: there was nothing, absolutely nothing on the market that really called my name. Drove a ton of cars from a ton of different brands, but nothing really made me say "I have to have this". So I ended up getting another CTS. This one has the 3.6 with the Cashmere interior.

Picked it up in late November, and have only blown one tire. Progress!

3.6 is nice in this car. Unrefined, but nice. Much better drivetrain than the 2.0T. Too bad it sounds like a diesel at idle with all the clicking and clacking. Start-stop isn't smooth, either. Almost seems like the transmission doesn't have enough fluid/air is in the system when the engine kicks back on and the first shift happens. Very herky/jerky. Otherwise, I like it, and I'm used to the car. I like this interior much, much better than my old one.

Got an absolutely amazing deal on it, too. I'm happy.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
CONGRATS!!

I'm considering the same 3.6 CTS RWD to replace my aging Pontiac G8 GT, if I can convince the wife. We ADORE the G8 but it's starting to nickel and dime us at the 11 year, 105K mark. The CTS is the closest RWD GM sedan I can accept for a daily driver and dedicated winter ride(our G8 winter rims/snows will fit). 2019 ex-rentals are offered for 1/2 of MSRP and still under warranty!!

Does the back of the rear seat fold down fully for trunk access?

Reactions: Envoy4Life
#4 ·
Go for it. It's a great car. I leased both of mine, but considering I spent a little over 3 years with the first one and will have this one for another 3, I'll have been driving a CTS for 6 years when it's all set and done. Should have just bought one. Lol.

As far as the seat goes, I think it does. I don't usually mess with the back seats, but IIRC they do fold down in the standard 2-1 style where the middle and one seat are one piece, and the other seat is the second piece.

#8 ·
Congratulations! If I was in the market for a sedan, I would have done exactly what you did. Love the color combo, too!

Reactions: Envoy4Life
#13 ·
3.6 is nice in this car. Unrefined, but nice. Much better drivetrain than the 2.0T. Too bad it sounds like a diesel at idle with all the clicking and clacking. Start-stop isn't smooth, either. Almost seems like the transmission doesn't have enough fluid/air is in the system when the engine kicks back on and the first shift happens. Very herky/jerky. Otherwise, I like it, and I'm used to the car. I like this interior much, much better than my old one.

First of all.. nice looking car. Second.. to the bolded.. WHY? With all those complaints I would be trying to give the car back.. The 3.6L was a trouble free powerful and smooth engine in my vehicles that had earlier models.. Is there something wrong with your car. Also.. Doesn't the Start Stop have a disable button. Lastly did they change the interior versus your old.. or is it just the color scheme. Sorry for the questions.. Just I care about your well being.. and I'm CONNNNNfused.

#16 ·
Sweet and congrats. I was close to getting a CTS but opted for the CT6 instead. My next move is a 19 CT6 with super cruise or CT5 with super cruise.

#17 ·
Congrats, Envoy. If you're happy, you're happy.

My questions mirror DeBang's though. I just don't get this. It would all drive me crazy.
Picked it up in late November, and have only blown one tire. Progress!

One blown tire. Is that because of Detroit streets or ultra-low profile or all of the above?
My 200 3.6 was great in many ways, but the trans was hinky and jerky in the lower gears and despite three or four reflashes it was never right. I finally ditched it.

Sounds like a diesel? Clicks and clacks? Color me cornfused.

Meanwhile, enjoy it. It floats your boat, that's the main thing. :drive:

#22 · (Edited)
3.6 is nice in this car. Unrefined, but nice. Much better drivetrain than the 2.0T. Too bad it sounds like a diesel at idle with all the clicking and clacking.
Something odd about that.
I've driven most of the NA V6s left on the market and IMO they're all pretty much the same. Put on a blindfold and you wouldn't know what was what.

Start-stop isn't smooth, either.
I didn't like it in the XT4 I drove.
Fortunately, none of this or any fancy trannies in the XTS. The 6-speed auto just works and does it without any fuss.

Congrats on the CTS.
I can spot one coming at me from blocks away. The signature LEDs leave no doubt that a Cadillac is coming at you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.