My new blue 2008 Saturn SKY - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new blue 2008 Saturn SKY

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

Re: My new blue 2008 Saturn SKY

love the car seat and I hope saturn dealers don't turn into typical Chevy Dealers who only care about making a deal...
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Very nice Sky! The blue is probably the best color for it.
    Hidden Content

I don't go fishing, I go fish sticking. How do you think we get the fish sticks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autofan
    My first Saturn dealer experience was awful regrettably but I've moved past that so I can enjoy my amazing little roadster!
    If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
    Hidden Content

I don't go fishing, I go fish sticking. How do you think we get the fish sticks?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488
    Beautiful car man. I'd love a Sky or Solstice as my next car.

Makes me think though... GM's two low-volume roadsters have unique interiors, but not the Cobalt and G5, two higher-volume (or should be) compact cars. They must use a magic 8-ball for their decisions. One that's broken.
    last two sentences +1!!!!!!! i don't understand that AT ALL...though to be fair, Ion is on delta with cobalt /g5 and it has a completely different interior. another example is the lambdas trucks/suvs vs. escalade and the epsilon platform...

Thanks

Gorgeous car! Good choice in car and color. I do prefer the Sky to the Solstice (not that I wouldn't mind having a Solstice given the opportunity).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koasterking
    If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
    Ugh...it's a long story. Last week I called to check on the status of the car and the sales mgr told me the car had been in a nearby rail yard parking lot for a week because it missed inspection from the plant. I had a hard time believing that and told him I wanted it taken care of immediately and wasn't happy about the car sitting out in the elements for so long. Since I pushed the issue, the dealer and Saturn got the car released and sent to the dealer. He later told me Saturn said they held the car back for "further inspection". Who knows.

Then the real problems began. I had been trying for days to get pricing/payment information from the salesman prior to getting the car, which is what I have always done before getting a car. He wouldn't call me back. I complained to the sales mgr who sounded nice but did nothing. So I wasn't able to get anything done in advance. I finally went to the dealer to inspect the car after it was delivered and get some of the paperwork underway. I had the mgr paged when I arrived but he never came. The salesman finally reluctantly greeted me, led me to the car, then turned me over to his wife who "helps out" at the dealership He then disappeared. Too busy I guess. She was nearly clueless about everything and she and the other employees were actually yelling to each other as questions arose. It was total confusion. She finally found her salesman husband and he had to explain everything to her - all the while WASTING MY TIME!!! She called the sales mgr at one point for questions but again, he couldn't be bothered to leave his office. I spent nearly two hours with these idiots on something that has only taken 20-30 minutes any other time I've gotten a new car. Later when I went to pick it up, I still had to sign all the paperwork because of all the confusion earlier taking so long. Shockingly, the salesman actually handled all the signing. Not surprisingly, all the numbers were different than earlier. But they were lower so I didn't say a thing.

So that's my first Saturn buying experience. Obviously, I will never go there again. Fortunately the car is amazing! I'll be getting an AURA soon for a family car but it will be from another Saturn store.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 TheGeneral's Avatar
    Thanks

That sucks
    2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
    2007 Mazda3 I Touring

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information