My 95 Grand Am GT 5spd

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: My 95 Grand Am GT 5spd

Thanks

My 95 Grand Am GT 5spd

Since C&G is down and I just took new pics of my car, I'm going to post them here.

It's a Spruce green matallic coupe with the 150hp Quad4 and 5spd. It's stock for the most part except for a few things. Currently, though, the headgaskets leak and it ticks. Nothing too serious as it is runable, just have to check the oil for water quite often and keep a close eye on the gauges. Other than that and the need for a new paint job, it's in excellent condition.

The very few mods include: Clarion ProAudio reciever, DEI Viper security system, K&N air filter, AVS headlight covers, and a "Grand Am GT" window sticker.

However, the long list of what I plan to do/get includes: lower it 1 1/2 inches, 17" Mille Miglia wheels, tint windows, clean up cladding, Optilux/Hella angel eye foglamps, Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, custon angel eye headlights (maybe), custom LED/clear taillights (maybe), custom leather seats, Alpine Type-S speakers/sub, Alpine 5-way amp, upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes, performance exhaust, and if I can find one... a supercharger. Alot of that depends on certain things, though.

Here are the pics:

Exterior:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Pic 6
    Pic 7

With headlight covers:
    Pic 8
    Pic 9
    Pic 10

Interior:
    Pic 11
    Pic 12
    Pic 13

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: My 95 Grand Am GT 5spd

Nice lookin car. Wheels are my favorite part.

Thanks

Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 FightingChance's Avatar
    Thanks

Very clean '95. Lose the headlight covers.

If you do all the audio up, keep it low profile and/or get a nice alarm system for it. Your friends won't break into your car and steal it, but your friends have friends and your friends talk, and eventually one of your friends' scummy friends will hear about it and then you'll have a broken window and no stereo. (oh, I missed that you already had a security system. Good deal.)

All those accessories and mods? Forget about it, nothing but a money sink and they're tacky anyway. Don't saddle yourself with car debt this early on in the game.
    "I cannot wait for the new fad to come along, one that doesn't involve making respectable looking cars look as though they were parked nearby when the plastic factory exploded."

Thanks

I hardly use the covers. They came with the car and are just there. Sometimes I put them on, but they are usually filling up my back seat. I prefer them that way, anyways.

As for the audio, I'm planning on it being "low-profile." I want it to be a balanced system. 4 speakers, 1 sub, and an amp powering all of it. As for the security system, I see that you figured that out, but currently it's not hooked up. I actually don't know if I really need it being out in the country... simple small town life with very few worries. I'll definitely keep it hooked up just in case, however.

Finally, the mods/accessories. Well, the performance mods are most likely going to happen. Except some of my plans have changed... yes, already. Some of the cheaper appearance mods of going to happen as well. Besides, it's just money...

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 FightingChance's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice - sounds very good. It's easy to get carried away with car audio and end up with something that's powerful but lacks quality.
    "I cannot wait for the new fad to come along, one that doesn't involve making respectable looking cars look as though they were parked nearby when the plastic factory exploded."

Thanks

That's a great looking car; you can probably lie to members of the opposite sex and tell them it's a 2000.

If you have money for mods I would probably put it into replacing the headgasket first - oil leaks have a way of catching up with ppl, even careful ppl.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information