My 2011 Regal Turbo - Six months later...

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2011 Regal Turbo - Six months later...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

My 2011 Regal Turbo - Six months later...

...and still love it!!!

I have just over 9,400 km (almost 6,000 mi.) and I am going for first oil change and regular checkup tomorrow. I could squeeze more from OEM synthetic oil (oil life monitor shows 46%) but I wanted to check the things since I got it last August.

The car was fun to drive and very useful interior and cargo space, I bought Husky all weather floor liners to keep the interior clean from mud, snow, salt and sleet. Worked out really good.

Not so crazy about:
    - fuel economy is just OK, 22 mpg combined with ~60/40 city/HWY so far. Quite thirsty car if you like spirited driving but if you go with the flow (drive like a typical city idiot or grandma on medications) you can get decent fuel economy.
    - a bit sluggish from get-go but I am not traffic light jack rabbit racer, otherwise 2.0T shines and is more than adequate for daily driver machine.
    - Espresso Bronze Metallic body paint looks great but it is getting dirty just like the black ones.

Overall 8.5 of 10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My 2011 Regal Turbo - Six months later...

Quote Originally Posted by neshapop View Post
    I have just over 9,400 km (almost 6,000 mi.) and I am going for first oil change and regular checkup tomorrow. I could squeeze more from OEM synthetic oil (oil life monitor shows 46%) but I wanted to check the things since I got it last August.
    Meh, just wait it out. Really.
    Current: '15 GMC Acadia SLE|'08 G8 GT
    Former: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z
    Past Digressions: '02 Cougar V6 Sport Ultimate|'94 Grand Cherokee Laredo|'93 Mustang GT

See all my [fun] vehicles here:
    Hidden Content

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

What's the best MPG you've gotten on the highway?
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    Meh, just wait it out. Really.
    I could follow OnStar and OLM estimate and change oil after 18,000 km (11,000 mi.) but for the first time I will do it early. I know that OEMs add break in additives nowadays, but just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    What's the best MPG you've gotten on the highway?
    32 mpg (7.1 L/100km) with moderate hwy pace, if I go 70-75 mph than it goes to 28-29 mpg. It is bad in the city (mostly jammed and traffic light ridden routes) and cold weather, but I not surprised by that. New Regal Turbo is better on gas than my old 3.8L Buicks with the same driver. Fuel economy also vary on gasoline grade, it runs on 87 or 89 bland but I gave up on them a few months ago.

Thanks
    My Ride

Interesting. How long do you plan on keeping it, and would you buy the car again if you had a second chance? Also, how is it in terms of build quality? Any squeaks and rattles?
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Interesting. How long do you plan on keeping it, and would you buy the car again if you had a second chance? Also, how is it in terms of build quality? Any squeaks and rattles?
    This time if the turbo shows decent reliability and Aisin 6 speed tranny (all gear ratios are a bit odd but I got use to it) goes way beyond powertrain warranty (5 years or 100K mi) I will keep it ~10 years.

Build quality is great, the chassis and body integrity are amazing, I heard some people complain about Oshawa built units but this German girl is very good looking and reliable. Rock solid car so far.

Oh...and I love USB integration, besides a few local rock radio stations to enjoy the rest is my 4 GB song/album collection. Really neat, no more shuffling with CDs. Bluetooth worked well and no issues so far. XM Radio not worth it beyond free trial.

Thanks

Fuel economy also vary on gasoline grade, it runs on 87 or 89 bland but I gave up on them a few months ago.
    Gave up? Any particular reason? Did you notice any difference in performance/mpg with going to recommended 91?
    Former: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z
    Past Digressions: '02 Cougar V6 Sport Ultimate|'94 Grand Cherokee Laredo|'93 Mustang GT

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Gave up? Any particular reason? Did you notice any difference in performance/mpg with going to recommended 91?
    Fuel economy is the best with 91, no soot on the tail pipe tips, noise and performance beat the other grades. 89 grade is not much better than 87 and costs almost the same as 91.

I get travel expenses using my car anyway, around $2000 per year so it pretty much covers my fuel budget. If I am going to keep the car for a long time might as well pour recommended grade all the time.
    Last edited by neshapop; 02-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride

This time if the turbo shows decent reliability and Aisin 6 speed tranny (all gear ratios are a bit odd but I got use to it) goes way beyond powertrain warranty (5 years or 100K mi) I will keep it ~10 years.

Build quality is great, the chassis and body integrity are amazing, I heard some people complain about Oshawa built units but this German girl is very good looking and reliable. Rock solid car so far.

Oh...and I love USB integration, besides a few local rock radio stations to enjoy the rest is my 4 GB song/album collection. Really neat, no more shuffling with CDs. Bluetooth worked well and no issues so far. XM Radio not worth it beyond free trial.

Very good. Do you plan on doing a remote start system?
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Thanks

Fuel economy is the best with 91, no soot on the tail pipe tips, noise and performance beat the other grades. 89 grade is not much better than 87 and costs almost the same as 91.
    My wife is still hung up on the whole premium fuel thing. I keep telling her it's not going to be a significant cost difference (and she's caving!), but anything I can get from people about it is always best! Ours will be an auto, however.

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Very good. Do you plan on doing a remote start system?
    Nah, I had it with my old 2005 Allure/LaCrosse as OEM option but I didn't miss it yet. But Trifecta tune looks very appealing, I may put it on in a few years. If I can get 260 HP and 290 lb-ft out of $300 add on I ma get my el cheapo GS.

My wife is still hung up on the whole premium fuel thing. I keep telling her it's not going to be a significant cost difference (and she's caving!), but anything I can get from people about it is always best! Ours will be an auto, however.
    I have the one with the automatic, Aisin unit is for slushbox, the Opel's 6 speed is for manual option. If knew that my wife would not drive it I would get one with the stick. Oh, well...

Thanks
    My Ride

Nah, I had it with my old 2005 Allure/LaCrosse as OEM option but I didn't miss it yet. But Trifecta tune looks very appealing, I may put it on in a few years. If I can get 260 HP and 290 lb-ft out of $300 add on I ma get my el cheapo GS.

Great. Then we can race!

Post some more pictures of the car!
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,401 Times in 2,501 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Good stuff. Have you thought about an aftermarket shifter? CAI?

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Thanks for the update. I think the Regal turbo is a nice car. Best of luck with it.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

Thanks
    Thanked 8,001 Times in 4,005 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Good read - I'm considering the Regal Turbo.

Funny - I have a Malibu LTZ with the 3.6. As you said with the 2.0T my car feels like it runs substantially better when I use 91 octane. Engine feels smoother, mpg is better.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information