Mom's new car: '07 Cobalt LTZ

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom's new car: '07 Cobalt LTZ

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Mom's new car: '07 Cobalt LTZ

I was finally able to convince my parents that we'd save a lot of money if we had another more-efficient vehicle to supplement our '05 Hemi Dodge Durango. Due to my Forester being like totaled I've had an '07 Cobalt LS from Enterprise and they were impressed with the gas mileage (32-33 mpg at 75-80 mph). So, they decided on a 2007 LTZ because my mom is used to having options. It's a GM corporate/program/company car and has around 3500 miles as I remember.

I haven't got to drive it yet because she picked it up earlier today and I got out of work late, but I'm sure it's a pretty nice ride.

Since this thread would be worthless to you guys without pix, I got you some. I wish I had a wider angle lens since I didn't feel like backing it out of the garage and getting back in the cold. I'll have to come back with some better ones.

It's a luxury Cobalt, if there is one. Leather, heated seats, Pioneer 7 speaker system (8'' sub) with XM and 6 disk, Onstar, remote start, that kind of thing.
    Last edited by F14CRAZY; 11-16-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Mom's new car: '07 Cobalt LTZ

Looks awesome! Great interior- I've never seen one that looks that nice inside. Tell your parents congrats from all of us GMI fans!!

I guess they missed out on the 0%....or not?
    Last edited by likearock00; 11-16-2007 at 08:07 PM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 gerardo_zg's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice! Congrats!
    Sorry China, we'll buy your disposable electronics and lead coated toys, but when we Americans want a cheap car with horrible quality, we get a Chrysler.
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I'll ask her about what financing or deals she got with it.

I know it's still a Cobalt, but it's a pretty sharp looking Cobalt. The chrome grill, door handles, belt line rub strip or whatever you call it, and exhaust tip make it stand out from the LS's of the world. My rental has hard door panels but the LTZ's are softer and nice to the touch. The leather on the seats and steering wheel don't feel cheap. The burlwood doesn't seem out of place (if you imagine this car doesn't have a Cobalt emblem). No rattles or annoyances (i just got back from taking it for a spin).

I'm happy I was able to convince my parents that the Cobalt was a good vehicle. My dad, somehow, got into the thinking that "Hondas are just better" and wanted to buy a Civic. I didn't push it hard on them or anything, but I made points that the Cobalt is a much better value, GM's quality is much better than it has been in the past, along with the longer warranty, widespread dealer network and probably parts availability, and that it supports GM and UAW workers.

A chick friend of mine has a Cavalier, so a few days ago when I got my rental I was like "hey Paige...what I'm going to tell you is gonna make you really jealous...I got...a Cobalt. She's gonna flip when I pull up in my mom's pimp LTZ
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

I love the interior of the LTZ (or LT in 2005). These are pretty rare though, judging by what I see around here. I wish the 2.4L was available on this model in addition to the SS/Sport.

Contrats to your Mom! I think she'll be very happy with it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Randiglio's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1984 GMC 1500 6.2

What a difference having the center stack and accent line thru the dash a darker color (faux wood in this case) along with the darker radio and climate controls. Do they make a carbon fiber trim like that? heck even just darker plastic would make a much nicer look. Oh yeah, nice car.
    Silence is Golden
    Duct tape is Silver

GM Inside News, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Thanks

Wanted to add too...it has fog lamps which I guess are part of the LTZ package, but it also has the optional sunroof.

I read in a review (familycar.com) that the 2.2L was thought to be slow, but I don't think it is. It isn't "fast", but certainly not underpowered. And it does just fine with the 4 speed auto.

Considering that she racks up about 30k miles a year at like 15-18 mpg in the Durango, and that she only had to finance part of it, it makes economic sense
    Last edited by F14CRAZY; 11-16-2007 at 09:12 PM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 69Chevy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my Cobalt and I'm sure you guys will love yours too. Congrats.

btw- nice color!
    Hidden Content
    2007 Cobalt SS/SC
    1969 Chevy C/10 383 stroker

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F14CRAZY View Post

I read in a review (familycar.com) that the 2.2L was thought to be slow, but I don't think it is. It isn't "fast", but certainly not underpowered. And it does just fine with the 4 speed auto
    From what I've seen there's not a non-sport model of a compact that is quicker with an automatic than the 2.2L Delta cars. Low-mid 8 second 0-60 is about as good as it gets in this category. Try driving an automatic Civic sedan, Corrola 1.8L, or a Mazda3 2.0L. Unless they've improved significantly in the last year or so, none of them will keep up to the Cobalt.

Thanks

Our 05' is just like that. The only difference is the wheel and black tie radio. Tan interior and everything is the same. Here is what it will look like when you crash it.

Anyway... nice ride. I enjoy it and it has been great on our road trips it should be a great addition to your family.
    Last edited by coaster.n3rd; 11-16-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.

"I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Congrats. Cobalt by far is the best domestic small car I have driven to date.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Wow ... that is a sharp Cobalt, F1.

My parents have a sunburst orange '07 Cobalt. I wish theirs had the wood trim ... instead, theirs has the metallic trim.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
    WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
    "So what is right and what is wrong?" ... Haddaway ... 'What Is Love?'

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 E. Haskell's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't even know you could get leather on the Cobalt. Looks good.
    "But you are right, the Camaro gives the most bang for the buck" - Simon says

"Despite all the hype surrounding Ford's new twin-turbo, all-wheel drive sport sedan, our long-term Pontiac G8 GT would put it on the trailer." - Edmunds

Hidden Content

Thanks

That interior does look good. The LTZ trim was dropped for '08 but you can still get everything it had in the 2LT model. Also for 2008, the darker taupe upper dash and doors is now black. Either way looks good and gives the interior an upscale feel.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 EldoFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks great! Didn't know a Pioneer 7 speaker system was offered as an extra.....but I'm sure it's a good fit there. My fav. part seems to be the burlwood accents (they flow really well I think) and the leather.

Congrats to your parents!
    When you turn your car on....does it return the favor?

Past Rides:
    '90 Lincoln Mark VII
    '93 Ford Taurus GL

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information