MC decision....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: MC decision....

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

MC decision....

Some of you may know (or remember) that, a couple of months ago, I had a decision to make. That decision has finally been made...for about a week or so.

Story refresh:
    Back in 2001 (when Gram was still alive), I discovered that one of her best friends from high school, Ruby, had a '79 MC. Long story short ... Gram told me to tell Ruby about my collection and that I'd be interested in her '79 if she ever decided to sell it. I did.

When the time came for her to sell it about 4 years ago, I didn't have the money ... and her grandson and great grandson "wanted" it, to keep it in the family.... Ruby didn't want her great grandson to have it; she wanted ME to have it. Anyway, right before she died (about 3 years ago) I saw her, and she reiterated that she wished her grandson and great grandson had not wanted it because, as far as she knew, they weren't using it or driving it much.....

Fast forward to earlier this year ... Doug, Ruby's grandson, called me to say that his son, Ruby's great grandson, does not want the car anymore...and that they want me to buy it.

After many Emails back'n'forth about the condition of the car and additional pictures, I have decided to buy it. Trouble NOW is that the car is in Arkansas, and the weekends I am available in the next few months, they are not...and vice versa. So, it may be a while until it actually is OFFICIAL, but they know I will buy it. Course, I suppose I'm jinxing myself here, but I'm taking that chance....

Since I will have to save more money (tough to do with medical and other bills), this decision means a few things will have to wait a while longer, including...

* a 1987 Monte Carlo SS (Aerocoupe, perhaps?)

* a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible

* my own home with a huge garage....

However, I'm still in the market for a winter beater...'86-'88 MC LS, '87 Cutlass Supreme, '77-'79 Caprice Classic, or '89-'90 Caprice 9C1...particularly because I saw a bit more rust on my '87 Monte Carlo LS when I washed, waxed and cleaned the interior this past Saturday, June 14....

Some pictures of what may/will soon be a new addition to my Monte Carlo family:
    http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1979b/mc1979b.html

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
    WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
    "Let's don't let a good thing die" ... Elvis Presley ... 'Suspicious Minds'

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: MC decision....

That car looks CLEAN! Nice work keeping in contact! OBTW Aerocoupe all the way!
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations on making a decision! Hopefully you'll be able to go pick it up ASAP.

But LOL, you STILL want a winter beater? Niiice
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by 91 s-10baja View Post
    That car looks CLEAN! Nice work keeping in contact! OBTW Aerocoupe all the way!
    He he ... thanks!

The call from Ruby's grandson came literally out of the blue. I never expected his son to not want the MC anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
    But LOL, you STILL want a winter beater? Niiice
    Yep, I sure do! And, thanks, rmodys!

"Time slips away" ... Bruce Springsteen ... 'Glory Days'

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

How good is the carpet?!! It looks brand new. It definitely has some coolness about it. Nice pick up.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 EldoFan's Avatar
    Thanks

I know you're not particularly fond of that new gen MC you had (the green one that got banged up), but those as well as the older ones (bacially 2dr Luminas) would make pretty good winter beaters IMO.....they grow on trees out here. FWD would save you on gas and would make a good commuter
    When you turn your car on....does it return the favor?

Past Rides:
    '90 Lincoln Mark VII
    '93 Ford Taurus GL

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Grand Marquis; 81mc

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    How good is the carpet?!! It looks brand new. It definitely has some coolness about it. Nice pick up.
    *nods*

Thanks!

That carpet is the original carpet...it is pretty much immaculate. It'll be interesting to see it in person, though, since I saw it "back in the day" in person.

Quote Originally Posted by EldoFan View Post
    I know you're not particularly fond of that new gen MC you had (the green one that got banged up), but those as well as the older ones (bacially 2dr Luminas) would make pretty good winter beaters IMO.....they grow on trees out here. FWD would save you on gas and would make a good commuter
    Heh....I will not buy FWD again. So, that rules those out....but, I know what you mean.... The one I had was good for what it was ... a Celebrity/Lumina/monte carlo.

*shrugs*

I did enjoy driving it at one point, otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it. Sad thing is, someone pointed out to me an '06 LT that was for sale ... gorgeous color combo ... that dark red with light neutral interior ... almost bought it, but could NOT do it.

"Life has been patiently waiting for me" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'I'm Moving On'

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information