Just added another SS to the family!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just added another SS to the family!

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Just added another SS to the family!

2000 Camaro SS convertible Light pewter metallic, A4, leather, lady owned(thats who i bought it from) 1 of 154 LPM verts made in 2000. It has 53XXX miles on it. Unbelievable how clean the car it. Its 100% stock right down to rotors, even the airfilter...I undid the 2 clips on the airlid and pulled out the bleck filter and had to get a shop vac to suck up all of the bugs out from the air filter tray. its just going to be a cruise night/car show maybe drive to work once or twice a week. Kinda weird driving my Cobalt SS this morning it felt so different from the Camaro.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Chevy Camaro SS convertible
    2010 Chevy Equinox LS <---DEAD
    2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Re: Just added another SS to the family!

Leave some SS's for the rest of us! And you forgot the most important detail...how much did you pay? That's amazing to find one bone stock with that few miles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadBlueSS View Post
    Kinda weird driving my Cobalt SS this morning it felt so different from the Camaro.
    Beautiful car... Congratulations and best wishes...
    I had that same weird feeling back in the day when I would drive my Z28 one day and my Saturn SL2 grocery getter the next!
    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    That's amazing to find one bone stock with that few miles.
    Nah... They're out there... More than you would think as many who purchased Camaros and Firebirds in those last couple years thought they may be the last ones ever, so quite a few were put into the garage, used only on nice Sunday drives, all the while the owners believing they were preserving the last of the line... And the convertibles are usually not modified as much as the coupes in most models as many of them are purchased as "Sunday drivers" to begin with...

As you implied, there are many Camaros that are modified, even if only slightly, but I've seen quite a few (dozens) "all originals" cross my desk over the past two years... (I consult on classic car purchases and sell classics for certain clients)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Great find! Congratulations. Enjoy your new toy!
    Current Rides: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek, 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander GT S-AWC

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote88 View Post
    As you implied, there are many Camaros that are modified, even if only slightly, but I've seen quite a few (dozens) "all originals" cross my desk over the past two years... (I consult on classic car purchases and sell classics for certain clients)
    It's amazing enough just to think that f-bodies are starting to creep towards the "classic" car territory. I think their values are starting to climb back up slightly, because of this, no?

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Leave some SS's for the rest of us! And you forgot the most important detail...how much did you pay? That's amazing to find one bone stock with that few miles.

Was listed for 12K got it for 10K
    2000 Chevy Camaro SS convertible
    2010 Chevy Equinox LS <---DEAD
    2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 rockyspaw's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 G6 GXP 05 Rainier 81 Vette

Nice ride! My brother just pulled his '91 Formula out of my garage...been sitting next to my Vette for a few years.

Kinda weird driving my Cobalt SS this morning it felt so different from the Camaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixote88 View Post
    I had that same weird feeling back in the day when I would drive my Z28 one day and my Saturn SL2 grocery getter the next!
    I know what you mean...going from my Dart to the Vette on the weekends!
    I wish they all could be California squirrels!
    Past Rides: 2003 Grand Am GT1 (saved me), 1995 Bonneville SLE (RIP), 1986 635 CSi, 1984 Estate Wagon, 1978 Malibu Classic, 1978 Corvette, 1975 Vega Kammback (Miss ya'), 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (STFU...it got me there!)

"Nothing happens until something happens then everything happens!"

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Was listed for 12K got it for 10K
    That's a great price, congrats.

Thanks

It's amazing enough just to think that f-bodies are starting to creep towards the "classic" car territory. I think their values are starting to climb back up slightly, because of this, no?
    Honestly, I think they started becoming "classics" the day they stopped building them. That was mainly due to the dearth of V8 powered coupes available after the demise of the F-Bodies in '02.
    Their values are starting to creep back up... Especially the Firbirds, obviously because of Pontiac's demise and the fact that one can actually purchase a new Camaro.(All Pontiac muscle cars are taking off price wise)

Another factor for why the last gen F-Bodies are rapidly gaining acceptance is the fact that they are genuinely fast cars. The LS1 equipped vehicles would wipe the floor with any classic muscle car, and they're far more reliable to drive even if not driven for long periods of time (which tends to happen). That is, they're much easier to maintain. One could have their last gen F-Body serviced in just about any existing GM dealership if they wanted... Even with values climbing, they're still cheaper to get into than older classic muscle cars in good condition... And they still possess that "look at me" muscle car design.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice addition to your garage, OP!

And I'll echo the sentiments of Quixote88, especially regarding the Firebirds. 3rd gens are starting to come back around after hitting their bottom a couple of years ago. 4th gens are still declining, but they'll come back as the cycle continues. However, a LS1 WS6 is going to be the most sought, and it's reflected in their current values (I'm not looking to get into an argument about GMMG cars, sorry).
    Current: '15 GMC Acadia SLE|'08 G8 GT
    Former: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z
    Past Digressions: '02 Cougar V6 Sport Ultimate|'94 Grand Cherokee Laredo|'93 Mustang GT

See all my [fun] vehicles here:
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac ATS 2017 Blue

A lot of performance and value for the dollar. Especially a very clean vert. Basically the performance of a C5 with some more room....

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

The trans ams, particularly WS6 variants, are still going for around $20,000 or so with only about 20K miles on the odometer. I have seen some with only a few thousand miles for high 20's as well. The death of Pontiac proved to be a real blessing to them in terms of resale value.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2000 Silverado LS6 5-spd

Nice looking car man! You got a great deal on it! Always loved those era's of the F-cars, I'd have a hard time picking between an SS and a WS6, both are gorgeous looking machines. I'd like a black M6 with the T-tops someday.

Enjoy the new ride!
    2000 Silverado 2WD RSCB, 4.3L V6 swapped to '05 LS6, 5 speed manual
    Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Nelson Performance tune

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ljtyphoon's Avatar
    Thanks

2000 Camaro SS convertible Light pewter metallic, A4, leather, lady owned(thats who i bought it from) 1 of 154 LPM verts made in 2000. It has 53XXX miles on it. Unbelievable how clean the car it. Its 100% stock right down to rotors, even the airfilter...I undid the 2 clips on the airlid and pulled out the bleck filter and had to get a shop vac to suck up all of the bugs out from the air filter tray. its just going to be a cruise night/car show maybe drive to work once or twice a week. Kinda weird driving my Cobalt SS this morning it felt so different from the Camaro.

Nice Car!! I know my 99 TA is one of my favorites, and with it's blue stripes and wheels, probably draws more attention then most of my other vehicles.
    LJ
    Hidden Content 70 Pontiac TA Ram Air 4 manual
    73 GMC 23' Sequia 455 Olds FWD
    78 GMC 26' Royale 403 Olds FWD
    93 GMC Typhoon AWD 3500 miles with both options
    98 Honda Valk. 6 cylinder Windshield & Hard Bags
    99 Pontiac TA 30th Anniv. Conv. WS6 manual
    02 Pontiac Aztec only option tow package
    04 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0 E-Force AWD Quadrasteer
    06 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
    09 Pontiac G8 GXP stick & sunroof
    09 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe GM Pwr Upg
    15 Cadillac ATS Sedan 2.0T new Cadiac for 30K
    They own me

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ljtyphoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kvolo12 View Post
    The trans ams, particularly WS6 variants, are still going for around $20,000 or so with only about 20K miles on the odometer. I have seen some with only a few thousand miles for high 20's as well. The death of Pontiac proved to be a real blessing to them in terms of resale value.
    So maybe my 10K mile, 99 30th An. TA WS6 6 speed manual convert. may be worth more then what I paid for it in 99?
    LJ
    Hidden Content 70 Pontiac TA Ram Air 4 manual
    73 GMC 23' Sequia 455 Olds FWD
    78 GMC 26' Royale 403 Olds FWD
    93 GMC Typhoon AWD 3500 miles with both options
    98 Honda Valk. 6 cylinder Windshield & Hard Bags
    99 Pontiac TA 30th Anniv. Conv. WS6 manual
    02 Pontiac Aztec only option tow package
    04 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0 E-Force AWD Quadrasteer
    06 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
    09 Pontiac G8 GXP stick & sunroof
    09 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe GM Pwr Upg