Last edited by 69Chevy; 05-23-2006 at 11:49 PM.
That's awesome I've always liked that style Chevy and the 383 would be killer. Stick or auto?
thats a nice pickup!!, are you going to keep those rims? 70s corvette rallys would be sweet
It's got a THM 350 auto behind it, hopefully it'll holdup! A built 4L60 (e) is what I plan on putting in it eventuallyOriginally Posted by bouda
I will probably find some wider wagon style wheels to put on it, at least on the back. I'm planning on putting American Racing Torq Six (I think thats what they're called - 6 spoke 6 lug Torq Thrusts) on it when I put bigger brakes on it.thats a nice pickup!!, are you going to keep those rims? 70s corvette rallys would be sweet
And thanks to both of you, it's a fun truck!!
I'll put more pics of it up tomorrow when the swap is done. We've spent half of today cleaning and painting after we the old engine was pulled.
Nice engine/truck. It's going to be great when it's done. What size of exhaust are you going with?
I'm not sure what I'll do with the exhaust, it has dual exhaust with glass packs on it. Not sure if it's 2" or 2.5", I think it's 2". I do know that the hedders are 3" and that I have cutouts in shipment!!Originally Posted by rmodys
Last edited by 69Chevy; 05-10-2006 at 12:04 AM.
So it turned out to be fairly windy today and we only worked til about 3:00. We did manage to get the new engine set in place though. The tranny is all bolted up and the starter is in. Now all that's left is the front acessories and a few engine components, then the front end. We spent all yesterday afternoon degreasing, cleaning and painting. We repainted the frame, firewall/cowl, all the front suspension and steering parts, and the inside of the fenders and inner fenders. It looks really good!! All the brackets and pulleys were cleaned and repainted as well as the water pump and any other little parts. Here's some more pics--
I didn't realize how much oil had leaked out and down onto the frame. The old engine was quite nasty also along with all the other parts. It's amazing how one little leak makes such a big mess. I'll continue working on it after work all week. It should go together fairly easy from here on out, at least I hope. More updates to come!
Last edited by 69Chevy; 04-30-2006 at 07:08 PM.
That looks like a fun project. Good choice on a nice torquey stroker for a truck. That thing better be puttin out some pretty serious hp for such a large carb. Keep us updated on the fun!
Hey it looks great. Is that original Chevrolet Orange? It looks a tad bit darker then Chevy Orange..
Looks great. Lets wait for the final pictures as well. Can't wait to see it done.
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
It's a lot of fun and a lot of work!The guy that helped me get parts and build the engine said it should be putting out over 400hp. He actually built most of it and has been building small blocks for many years for everything from hot rods to race trucks. I would guess it should have over 450 torque bein a stroker engine...Originally Posted by big swede
Thank you! It's actually a generic high heat red paint. Found it at NAPA. Its a little lighter then the truck is but I figured it'd look darker in the engine compartment anyways. The old engine was Chevy orange but my favorite color is red and I figured it would look real good if it matched the truck.Hey it looks great. Is that original Chevrolet Orange? It looks a tad bit darker then Chevy Orange..
Thanks! I'm really excited to see it done too! As long as the weather holds out I should have it running by next weekend. And I'll be sure to put up pics as it progresses!Looks great. Lets wait for the final pictures as well. Can't wait to see it done.
Nice truck! I can't help noticing the similarities between yours and 327's truck.
I'm pretty sure the truck in 327's sig is "Project Copperhead" from the Trucks TV show. It has the first 572 built and a lot more work then my truck has, but ya same bodystyle, '68 - '72 Chevys only had front end changes.Originally Posted by armstrong
Last edited by 69Chevy; 05-07-2006 at 04:25 PM.
So I've been tinkering with it all week long after work. It hasn't gone as fast as I had hoped but it's nearing completion. Hopefully it'll be fired up Monday night or Tuesday night. Here are a couple more pics for the time being.
Note about the first pic: The old exhaust manifolds are on it for break in procedures, the hedder company recommends not breaking in the engine with the new hedders. The pieces of the original exhaust I cut off for hedder clearence are attached to the manifolds so it'll at least blow out under the truck. I have a new air cleaner assembly ordered, the rusty one on it is just so nothing gets down inside.
This is another pic of the 350 that came out of it. This engine was originally out of a '75 Nova. The THM 350 trans and steering column also came out of the same Nova. This engine will get torn down and checked to see if it can be rebuilt for my Trans Am.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)