Its been a while... - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its been a while...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 776 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Re: Its been a while...

Congrats, I do like that color. Can't go wrong with any of the offerings from the main 3 pickup builders today.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

ChrisGinNC (05-27-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,684 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    You need to visit more often to give us your impressions.
    Iíll try to post more often, but Iím not making any promises.

I just crossed 2,000 miles the other day, so I think I can give a decent first impression now.

My likes:

- The fit and finish is excellent both inside and out.
    - The dual exhaust sounds as good as it looks.
    - The LED headlights are excellent, much better than both my 2016 Silverado and 2017 F-150.
    - Power outlet in the bed comes in handy.
    - They made the CornerSteps in the bumper larger, which is nice.
    - Ventilated seats are cold as ice.
    - Passive locking is very convenient.
    - Bigger cab with lots of storage.
    - Despite being larger and having the same power as my 2016, this truck feels noticeably quicker. The 8-speed shifts like butter.

Things I donít like:

- I get a popping noise every once in a while. Sounds like itís coming from the roof.
    - The steering wheel adjustment lever is underneath the steering column, itís a pain to try and make a quick adjustment while driving.
    - No more power adjustable pedals.
    - While the fit and finish of the interior is very good, Iím still not a huge fan of the design.
    - The truck rides a lot more like my F-150s than my old Silverados. You can really feel imperfections in the road and bumps upset this truck way more than my 2016.
    - Auto Start/Stop is not as seamless as I would like. Not a huge problem since I run with it off 90% of the time anyway.

Overall, Iím enjoying the truck and I believe the positivities outweigh the negatives. Weíll see how I feel a few months down the road.
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisGinNC For This Useful Post:

Shotgun (06-03-2019),TruckMan (05-28-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGinNC View Post
    I’ll try to post more often, but I’m not making any promises.

I just crossed 2,000 miles the other day, so I think I can give a decent first impression now.

My likes:

- The fit and finish is excellent both inside and out.
    - The dual exhaust sounds as good as it looks.
    - The LED headlights are excellent, much better than both my 2016 Silverado and 2017 F-150.
    - Power outlet in the bed comes in handy.
    - They made the CornerSteps in the bumper larger, which is nice.
    - Ventilated seats are cold as ice.
    - Passive locking is very convenient.
    - Bigger cab with lots of storage.
    - Despite being larger and having the same power as my 2016, this truck feels noticeably quicker. The 8-speed shifts like butter.

Things I don’t like:

- I get a popping noise every once in a while. Sounds like it’s coming from the roof.
    - The steering wheel adjustment lever is underneath the steering column, it’s a pain to try and make a quick adjustment while driving.
    - No more power adjustable pedals.
    - While the fit and finish of the interior is very good, I’m still not a huge fan of the design.
    - The truck rides a lot more like my F-150s than my old Silverados. You can really feel imperfections in the road and bumps upset this truck way more than my 2016.
    - Auto Start/Stop is not as seamless as I would like. Not a huge problem since I run with it off 90% of the time anyway.

Overall, I’m enjoying the truck and I believe the positivities outweigh the negatives. We’ll see how I feel a few months down the road.
    Congrats on the new Truck, great color.

How is the MPG compared to your 2016?

How is the handling/steering feel compared to the 2016?

Are the Side mirrors any better (fewer blind spots)?, that is probably my only real gripe with my 2016.

Enjoy your truck and look forward to some updates on how it's working out for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SierraGS For This Useful Post:

ChrisGinNC (07-19-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,684 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    Congrats on the new Truck, great color.

How is the MPG compared to your 2016?

How is the handling/steering feel compared to the 2016?

Are the Side mirrors any better (fewer blind spots)?, that is probably my only real gripe with my 2016.

Enjoy your truck and look forward to some updates on how it's working out for you.
    Sorry it took a while, I don’t come by the forums much anymore.

MPG is roughly the same as the 16, which I’m okay with since the 19 is a bigger truck. Visibility is quite a bit better on the new one. Plus, I’ve got blind spot monitoring, which wasn’t an option on the K2. If you look at my sig, I also have an RST without the safety package. That’s probably a better comparison since it doesn’t have BSM, but does have the little spotter mirror like the old trucks. The mirrors on it aren’t quite as good as the K2, at least in my opinion. The visibility overall is still better though.

My LTZ Z71 with 20” wheels rides pretty rough compared to my old 16 and my non Z71 RST. I would say it’s comparable to the two FX4 F-150s I had.

As far as problems go, I’ve had very few. My BSM on the LTZ had intermittent issues that I brought up when I took the truck in for its first oil change at 1500 miles. Of course, the tech couldn’t replicate the problem, but it just seemed to have fixed itself at around 3k. I’m at 4500 miles now and it has been working reliably.

I also had the SD card has been removed error message which kept the system from displaying maps. That was fixed by shutting the truck down and restarting it. Hasn’t happened since.

Both the RST and the LTZ have the occasional roof pop issues. They happen infrequently, but I will bring it up next time I have the trucks in service. It appears to be a fairly common issue.

I knew there would be some teething issues with a brand new model, but so far I’m still happy with both purchases.

Whoops, I see I didn’t answer your question about steering and handling. These trucks, despite being larger and taller than the K2, feel much more nimble. They also accelerate a lot better than the old truck despite having the same horsepower and torque ratings as the old one.
    Last edited by ChrisGinNC; 07-19-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisGinNC For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (07-19-2019),Shotgun (07-23-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information