Impalibu's Impala

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Impalibu's Impala

Thanks

Impalibu's Impala

Hi all, I recently added a billet grille to my Impala so I thought this would be a good time to share some pictures. The grille I got from Auto Mod Zone. Its surprisingly well constructed and I got it for less than $200 with shipping and customs included. It was a bit tricky to install, some of the mounting hardware was incorrect so I had to buy some different bolts at the hardware store. I would appreciate some feedback and suggestions for further modifications.

More pics can be seen at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3825856
    "never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge"

Current Car
    2007 Chevy Impala LS

Past Cars
    1998 Chevy Malibu V6
    1994 Chevy Cavalier

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Impalibu's Impala

That Impala looks great!

If you want a new Chevy, I have it! Hidden Content
    If you want to get rid of your old car, I'll take it! Hidden Content
    I can give you $2,000 or more for any trade if you buy a used vehicle! Hidden Content
    NEW VEHICLES UNDER MSRP

Another dealer: "You're too much of a gearhead to sell cars." Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,499 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I get tint next. Its an almost HAVE to mod on a black car.

Looks good with the grille though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I get tint next. Its an almost HAVE to mod on a black car.

Looks good with the grille though.
    I agree. Tint is a must-have for me on any car.

And a black bow-tie would be nice.

<----- Look at how sweet my Chevy is with billet grille and black bow-tie. It's also got a nice tint on it as well.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mustapha Mond's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

It looks great! Much more interesting than stock.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Nice job. I like the fender treatment as well. How is the paint holding up? My biggest complaint with my previous LaCrosse was the paint job seemed a bit weak. It was my first black exterior painted car. I had a whole lot of touch up paint action on it after three years before I traded it in for my current car.

I agree with the tint recommendation as well.
    Last edited by Hitman1970; 05-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Nice job. I like the fender treatment as well. How is the paint holding up. My biggest complaint with my previous LaCrosse was the paint job seemed a weak. It was my first black car. I had a whole lot of touch up paint action on it after three years before I traded it in for my current car.

I agree with the tint recommendation as well.
    The paint is actually the only issue with this car. When I bought it it was 10 months old and previously owned by a rental car company (no comments please). Anyway, the company that owned her has this old school car wash with the big spinning brushes. These brushes did a number on the paint. There are a lot of horizontal scratches along the side because of this. A good coat of wax covers most of it up.

There are also a fair number of chips and the like, especially on the hood and front bumper. You can probably see some if you look closely at the pictures.

Eventually I plan on getting the paint fixed. When I do I'm going to invest in a bug deflector and bra for the winter.

Current Car
    2007 Chevy Impala LS

Past Cars
    1998 Chevy Malibu V6
    1994 Chevy Cavalier

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,368 Posts

I agree on the tint suggestion and with the new billet pieces up front (look great), it needs something for the rear and a set of wheels. The factory spoiler looks pretty good and would make a big diifference for not too much cost.

Tires look pretty new so you might want to wait on wheels unless you can find some that can use the stock tire size. Chrome wheels (or polished Aluminum) look really good on Black cars and would set off the side vent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    I agree on the tint suggestion and with the new billet pieces up front (look great), it needs something for the rear and a set of wheels. The factory spoiler looks pretty good and would make a big diifference for not too much cost.

Tires look pretty new so you might want to wait on wheels unless you can find some that can use the stock tire size. Chrome wheels (or polished Aluminum) look really good on Black cars and would set off the side vent.

Factory spoiler - check

I was thinking rims maybe next year. The front tires are new but the back tires are on their third summer. Probably go with Chrome.

Your absolutely right about needing something for the back. The single exhaust tip is pretty hidden and not very attractive. There is a cat-back exhaust kit from Magnaflow that fits my car. This would not only add duel exhaust but would also make an awesome sound and increase power. It's about $850 bucks installed. However I just graduated and have yet to start work so such big expenditures are out of the question right now.

BTW, thanks for all the comments guys!!

Current Car
    2007 Chevy Impala LS

Past Cars
    1998 Chevy Malibu V6
    1994 Chevy Cavalier

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 96_impala_ss's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a nice Impala. Even though the vent things are a bit questionable (yeah, I don't like them if they're not functional). You should tint the windows and get some nice rims. Doesn't have to be TIS DUB or whatever, just some nice chrome rims.
    Hidden Content

The price of having hope is sometimes disappointment, but the price of having no hope is always failure - Immortal Technique

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,368 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

The LTZ wheels are actually quite nice.

Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

My biggest issue with these types of grills and treatments is that they look awful, in my opinion, when the gaps are not even or the bars are warped.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    My biggest issue with these types of grills and treatments is that they look awful, in my opinion, when the gaps are not even or the bars are warped.
    There is one bar bent at the bottom left of the bowtie. I should have straightened it before I installed it. I might take it off and fix it later.

Also the shape of the two little side gaps cause the bottom bar to turn upward and the end. There is nothing I can do about that.

Other than that I was very impressed with the quality of this product. Its a very sturdy construction.

Current Car
    2007 Chevy Impala LS

Past Cars
    1998 Chevy Malibu V6
    1994 Chevy Cavalier

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Billet grill and the rest of your Impala look good. As suggested I'd do the LTZ wheels though
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information