I'm keeping "Joaquin"....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm keeping "Joaquin"....

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

I'm keeping "Joaquin"....

For those of you following the t-rex BMW drama...

I've decided to keep "Joaquin". He's already gotten his reconditioned engine, and today he goes to the body shop, where one of his little pranged fenders will be replaced (I had been meaning to get around to that) and he'll get a new hood too. I'm treating him to some new one-piece headlights to complete the makeover!

And there may be a new, well "new-to-me" addition to the t-rex family garage (or in my case, curb space!) shortly. Negotiations begin this evening!

pics will follow as the drama unfolds...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I'm keeping "Joaquin"....

You should given him to the kid and gotten yourself something nice!

When I was younger I used to think I'd keep a car forever, and I never understood why people needed to get new ones all the time. I do get attached to my vehicles, but when it's time, it's time. I'm only 26 (about to be 27) and I've already owned well over a dozen cars, but many were for parts. I've owned a driven 6. I still own 2 of those. I couldn't let go of my first, but I drove others in the mean time. And when the time comes, the Silverado will move on and I'll either get an Avalanche, G8, or Camaro to replace it, I think (Malibu and new LaCrosse/Allure are on the list, but they're FWD And I likely won't buy new). Though, I'd like to keep the Silverado as well if, possible (especially if I get the Caramo, not so much if I get the G8, but not if I get the Avalanche).

Good luck with your patched up ride.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Did you buy the car in Arizona? That how it gots it's nickname?

And it already has the new engine?!? Didn't it just die like an hour ago?!?
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    You should given him to the kid and gotten yourself something nice!

Good luck with your patched up ride.
    It actually sounds like he might be fixing it up, to give to the kid. And he will be getting the "new to me" car and that is why there are negotiations happening tonight.
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening View Post
    It actually sounds like he might be fixing it up, to give to the kid. And he will be getting the "new to me" car and that is why there are negotiations happening tonight.
    Sounds to me like he's starting to have a mid-life crisis and he's going to be picking up a slightly used Z4 convertable and keeping Joaquin!

I could not stand parking on a curb all the time. I need to have a driveway and garage...probably why I'm still livving with my "roomates" . I want to save up for a nice house, not just get out and live in some dump. Not that t-rex lives in a dump, but around here, the houses without driveways and garages are dumps in the crappy parts of the city.
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Thanks

Maybe it's just me, but I like to refer to my cars as "she"

To me nothing sounds better then "driving her fast and hard" and replacing that with "he" well.....

But that's just me and I have no facts supporting my case besides a wife and two kids--it's purely my opinion

Thanks
    My Ride

I could not stand parking on a curb all the time. I need to have a driveway and garage...probably why I'm still livving with my "roomates" . I want to save up for a nice house, not just get out and live in some dump. Not that t-rex lives in a dump, but around here, the houses without driveways and garages are dumps in the crappy parts of the city.
    Remember where I live, Uzzy! This part of town was built in the 1830-1870 period. Cars kinda, erm, weren't invented yet!

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-70 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I like to refer to my cars as "she"

To me nothing sounds better then "driving her fast and hard" and replacing that with "he" well.....

But that's just me and I have no facts supporting my case besides a wife and two kids--it's purely my opinion
    Heh heh! Never looked at it that way!

The cars I've owned always had sort of a masculine character to them (Mustang GT, BMW 325i, BMW 328i), so it seemed appropriate giving them male names!

My wife thinks naming cars is silly, but I'm trying to think of a good name for her Jag. It's definitely a "she" car!

I need a name that suggests powerful and strong, lithe and athletic, svelte, yet dignified and ladylike, with a crisp, patrician character.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
    Remember where I live, Uzzy! This part of town was built in the 1830-1870 period. Cars kinda, erm, weren't invented yet!
    That's why I put the disclaimer in at the end. Your area is older than cars and mine would not exist if it were not for cars.

My wife thinks naming cars is silly, but I'm trying to think of a good name for her Jag. It's definitely a "she" car!

I need a name that suggests powerful and strong, lithe and athletic, svelte, yet dignified and ladylike, with a crisp, patrician character.
    Jaqueline
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

Thanks

Heh heh! Never looked at it that way!

The cars I've owned always had sort of a masculine character to them (Mustang GT, BMW 325i, BMW 328i), so it seemed appropriate giving them male names!

Your actually right....while I will always refer to my Firebird Formula as "she", my HHR makes me think that perhaps I have had few too many

I think I will just refer my HHR as "it" and leave it at that

Thanks
    My Ride

Jaqueline

Too democrat.

Thanks

Too democrat.
    If you're thinking Jackie O, she spelled it the other way, not with the que.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Thanks
    My Ride

If you're thinking Jackie O, she spelled it the other way, not with the que.
    She spelled in Jacqueline, as it's supposed to be spelled.

I wouldn't take spelling advice from a Canadian. I still can't get over seeing a Uniroyal (or similar) Tire Centre in Toronto. Make your minds up. Spell it British, or spell it American, but don't mix the two.

And Canadian girls named "Jamie" spell it "Jaime". Erm, "Jaime" is "hy-may", and is a Spanish man's name!

Oh you Canuckians...

Thanks

Felicity

Thanks

She spelled in Jacqueline, as it's supposed to be spelled.

I wouldn't take spelling advice from a Canadian. I still can't get over seeing a Uniroyal (or similar) Tire Centre in Toronto. Make your minds up. Spell it British, or spell it American, but don't mix the two.

And Canadian girls named "Jamie" spell it "Jaime". Erm, "Jaime" is "hy-may", and is a Spanish man's name!

Oh you Canuckians...
    I thought she did, but I googled it, and it came up the other way. Now I see it the proper way. Whatever. I was typing in that I've never seen a girl named Jamie spell it Jaime, but I thought I'd take a look at the way the only Jaime I know spells it...it's Jaime I've seen Jaimie though. That makes sense. And if you add an apostrophe to Jaime you get J'aime.

Tyre looks weird, it's Tire. And Centre. And Uniroyals are junk. You're jelous of us, just admit it. Us and our good beer and houses with driveways!
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information