I finally got my car back....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: I finally got my car back....

Thanks

Exclamation I finally got my car back....

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L V6

So I finally got my car back... Its been like 9 months so far. Back in June of '05 I was driving back from Harlingen when it just overheated real bad and just gave up. This wasnt the first time. I'll be honest that I wasnt to good at taking care of my car back then. It took me almost a year to replace a leaking radiator. By the time I did, the heads warped, and the whole motor was ready to blow out.

It happened the first week of June. So I pulled it back (with the help of my brother in laws Tahoe) back to Brownsville, then to San Benito when a co-worker of mine said he would help me fix it. Three months later and $600 down the line, nothing happened. The guy basically screwed me over saying the heads were gonna get shaved, he couldnt cut the crankshaft, getting the seals, something new every week.

So I brought it back to Brownsville in October and it was sitting at a mechanics lot for about 5 months. I would have to get rides to work and borrow my parents car all the time. Then I finally got my income.

Instead of trying to overhault it again, I decided to just get another engine. With luck I found one in Hidalgo for $600 off of a salvaged 2000 Intrigue GLS. The back end was bad, it was wrecked back in September 22nd, 2005. I couldnt check the mileage on the car because they had already sold the computer. But I checked the oil in it, the spark plugs, the engien oil cap, and exhaust pipe. Everything was perfect.

We brought the engine back on 02/18... and mechanic started working on it on 02/21 (because of weather). Put in about $100 buying the oil, spark plugs, air filter, and whatever else the car needed. The mechanic only charge me $200 since he was my dads friend and it was ready by 02/23 (thursday!). The car breathes in new life! It works so much smoother and nicer than the last engine. Its a world of difference and Im lucky to finally have my car back.

Heres some more pictures..

My car has a total of 131,266 miles, but it feels like it just rolled off the lot. Theres some other little things here and there that need to be taken care of, but for now, Iv got my car back.

Iv learned alot about taking care of cars now. And this will neevr happen again.

Hidden Content
    Current - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS, 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    "Flip off the sky with bleeding fingers till I die!" - Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: I finally got my car back....

Yeah that is a nice ride.
    I'm sure you're glad to have it back.

Thanks

Re: I finally got my car back....

Sorry I'm going a little camera crazy... heres the trunk. It had alot more parts back there... currently its got the heads from the old engine, water pump, and other assorted such....

Heres under the hood... its a mess... but I swear, it works 10x better than the old engine. Before that, there was jsut one big gaping hole. All the other parts (besides the engine) was in the trunk. I guess it was like one big jigsaw puzzle.

...and a link to the high resolution version

Im gonna take everything out of the trunk, but the plastic or cardboard undering...that covers the spare is broken. Do they sell replacement parts at the GM dealers for this? Or does anyone got a better idea for this? Right now the carpet part just sinks to where the spare is.
    Last edited by Xeper; 02-25-2006 at 11:45 AM.

Hidden Content
    Current - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS, 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    "Flip off the sky with bleeding fingers till I die!" - Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information