Here's my ride - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's my ride

Thanks

Re: Here's my ride

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488
    Wow! That's no stock Hybrid Synergy Drive you've got there! Great car man. Did you buy the frame and body separate, or did you separate them yourself for restoration?
    Actually, it was my first car given to me in 1987 by my late father. It was my daily driver until college...it was broken into at college but I had the coil wire in my room. Then it sat for years and rotted to death (I live near the ocean). Then one day I had to decide to sell it or just do it...well you know what I decided....10 years and 10's of thousands...and it still isn't done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Wow, now that is something to be proud of. Just look at that engine. 600 hp you say? Great job on that car, must have been lots of determination and hard work. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the final restoration end up being?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heals120
    Wow, now that is something to be proud of. Just look at that engine. 600 hp you say? Great job on that car, must have been lots of determination and hard work. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the final restoration end up being?
    Yep, it dynoed a few short of 600hp on pump gas on an engine dyno. That's not too impressive these days and I expected around 650hp. Yea, alot of long nights (around 10 yrs. off and on). I already had the car-the resto was north of 58K and that does not include my time or my friend Kevin's time assembling it. Now to plan its big brother......

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

That is bad in the best of ways. I really admire you mate because of my own experience with cars. The hours of bodywork, engine building and nitpicking on things that you realise wont matter in the end cant be understood by people who have never attempted this. I cant even imagine the amount of times since '94 that you have gotten pissed off with the build and gone back to it. Fantastic car and a Great naturally aspirated engine by the sounds of it (love to know how much torque) Good luck on your next project and hope for pictures when you buy the base car.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 496SS
    Dam Right. Right down to the 6 mpg and the roar of the tailpipes.

Wow, I hope your being sarcastic. What kind of milage does it actualy get?>
    Hidden Content

1997.5 Buick Regal GS : 4'' Fenderwell CAI, Headers, 3.4'' Pulley, Catback, Tune.

Mid 13s run after run after run.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar bouda's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you could use over-drive man LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martino_z
    That is bad in the best of ways. I really admire you mate because of my own experience with cars. The hours of bodywork, engine building and nitpicking on things that you realise wont matter in the end cant be understood by people who have never attempted this. I cant even imagine the amount of times since '94 that you have gotten pissed off with the build and gone back to it. Fantastic car and a Great naturally aspirated engine by the sounds of it (love to know how much torque) Good luck on your next project and hope for pictures when you buy the base car.
    Torque is a little over 600 ft/lbs. I lost the dyno sheet-Dam it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corr69
    Wow, I hope your being sarcastic. What kind of milage does it actualy get?>
    Nope- not kidding. I could get a little better if I go down hill constantly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bouda
    I think you could use over-drive man LOL!
    Yea, but I have 31 inch tall tires and 373's in the Dana 60. It turns around 2500rpm at 65-70mph. Not bad-did not care about gas mileage when I built it and still dont. I am sure its bigger brother will be just as bad-I hope.

Thanks

You bored out the 454 to 496? That's great, I have an '02 Silverado HD with the factory 8.1L (496) big block. I was thinking of ways to add 496SS badging. Wicked ride man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaso
    You bored out the 454 to 496? That's great, I have an '02 Silverado HD with the factory 8.1L (496) big block. I was thinking of ways to add 496SS badging. Wicked ride man.
    Well the current 496 is a little bit different than mine. It uses a different bore and stroke. Mine was built before GM came out with it. Mine is a 454 bored out .060 over (which is a 468 with a 4 inch stroke) and it has been stroked a quarter inch to a 4.250 inch stroke which gives ya a 496.
    Last edited by 496SS; 03-29-2006 at 09:55 AM.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information