Great AMC weekend!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Great AMC weekend!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WWI Flying Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Great AMC weekend!

Ok, so today, I took the Beast (81 AMC Jeep Wagoneer, 360 V8, 4 inch lift kit, 32" tires, bad attitude) out and tooled around. Changed the air filter, and while I was at the auto parts store, I got engine cleaner for the AMX. The Wagoneer is a happy rig, as I washed the engine last weekend. When I left the car wash it laid a patch! No kidding! A fishtail screeching tire shredding patch in the Waggy!

Then this afternoon, took the 73 AMX to the car wash, got the newly purchased engine cleaner, and sprayed that 401 V8 down! It did a little sputtering, then caught and roared...ran it for a while to dry out the components, and turned some heads at the car wash reving the v8! Then, laid a patch out of the car wash with the AMX too...that is sort of it's thing after all! Ah, burning rubber, the smell of freedom! God bless America!

Then, after I got home, I started my project of spray painting an AMC emblem on my garage wall...the white triangle is in place. Tomorrow I'll do the red, then the blue. Was a good AMC weekend and it is only Saturday night!

What did you do to your rides this weekend? Hope you are enjoying your cars wherever in the world you are.
    2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    2007 Jeep Commander
    1981 Jeep Wagoneer
    1973 AMC Javelin AMX
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    -Plato

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: Great AMC weekend!

That sounds like an awesome weekend! Your 73 AMX must be awesome.. I remember Mark Donohue kicking @ss and taking no prisioners back in the day using the AMX...

As a kid around 1969 to 73 ...it was my favorite Aurora slot car that raced.. (any of you guys remember the old slot cars...there were two brands for the most part on home built tracks..it was aurora and I can't remember the name of the other type of cars...these were the small ones...about the size of match box cars) Anyways....my favorites were the Lamborghini Muira and the AMX ...

Thanks for sharing your story on what you did with the cool wagoneer and of course....the ultra cool.....original AMC pony the AMX....

That 401 was a dam fast version of that car too!

Post photos of it...

What I did with the vette this weekend is basically drive all over with my kid and the dog...with the roof off....catching a tan....no place special......just here and there....cruising....but each and every miles been a blast...

The kid likes it....the dog likes it...and I'm having fun too...

IF he wakes up early....this morning...(he's severly autistic) then I'm rocking and rolling him into the vette and we're rolling up to Bear mountain and the seven lakes...

Awesome early sunday morning drive....

Enjoy your pony car! I bet its a blast to drive....
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

Thanks
    My Ride
    Guzzi Monza Alfa Romeo 156SW

Aaah.... AMC really took off, literally, in the James Bond movie "The Man With The Golden Gun". Remember this one?

Hidden Content GeneratinGMobilizing
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WWI Flying Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    That sounds like an awesome weekend! Your 73 AMX must be awesome.. I remember Mark Donohue kicking @ss and taking no prisioners back in the day using the AMX...
    As a kid around 1969 to 73 ...it was my favorite Aurora slot car that raced.. (any of you guys remember the old slot cars...there were two brands for the most part on home built tracks..it was aurora and I can't remember the name of the other type of cars...these were the small ones...about the size of match box cars) Anyways....my favorites were the Lamborghini Muira and the AMX ...
    Thanks for sharing your story on what you did with the cool wagoneer and of course....the ultra cool.....original AMC pony the AMX....
    That 401 was a dam fast version of that car too!
    Post photos of it...
    What I did with the vette this weekend is basically drive all over with my kid and the dog...with the roof off....catching a tan....no place special......just here and there....cruising....but each and every miles been a blast...
    The kid likes it....the dog likes it...and I'm having fun too...
    IF he wakes up early....this morning...(he's severly autistic) then I'm rocking and rolling him into the vette and we're rolling up to Bear mountain and the seven lakes...
    Awesome early sunday morning drive....
    Enjoy your pony car! I bet its a blast to drive....
    That sounds like a dream day, JBsZ06...Spending time with your kid and the dog and the drive to the lakes in the sunshine...Enjoy! That is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Aaah.... AMC really took off, literally, in the James Bond movie "The Man With The Golden Gun". Remember this one?

Hey, that is me leaving the car wash yesterday! OK, not really...

As requested...pics of the Beast and the AMX...

The Beast:

The AMX: Getting there...this was at the Cecil County All AMC show earlier this summer...was a 100 degree plus day, and I was sweating with no AC, but (far more importatnly for an old car) the engine temp was PERFECT the whole way! The Junkyard Dawg did great! Dragged it out of a junkyard about 15 years ago and been bringing it back to life slowly ever since. You can see the primer on the rear quarterpanels but that is one step closer to paint! Working on the interior now...
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 08-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    2007 Jeep Commander
    1981 Jeep Wagoneer
    1973 AMC Javelin AMX
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    -Plato

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information