Got a new truck

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Got a new truck

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Got a new truck

I had been looking to upgrade to something a little bit newer for a few months and took a look at some F-150's but once I drove a Diesel there was no going back to gas and ended up getting a Diesel SD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Buick !

Re: Got a new truck

Cool ... What year is that?...Looks like it has a lift kit?

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

It's an 02 ( Last full year for 7.3), Doesn't have a lift kit ( Might just be the way the piture was taken) but I do plan on getting a leveling kit soon enough.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Slideways's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    12 cylinders via two cars

Congrats on your new ride!
    I'd love to have an extended cab short bed with the 7.3L, the '06 front end, and the '09 interior with SYNC. That would be one sweet truck.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

It's a bit small isn't it? 7.3 litres?

WTH are you going to do with 7.3 litres of diesel power? I'm not being a smart ass. I just curious. There are a few of these tootling around oz, usually with massive trade tools and tools drawers etc on the back of a cab chassis.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    It's a bit small isn't it? 7.3 litres?

WTH are you going to do with 7.3 litres of diesel power? I'm not being a smart ass. I just curious. There are a few of these tootling around oz, usually with massive trade tools and tools drawers etc on the back of a cab chassis.
    Well quite honestly I am doing absolutely nothing with 7.3 liters, I just don't like driving small cars and like having a truck for when I do need it. I looked into the 5.4's and V10's but none of them matched the power or mialege of the diesel and certainly not the durability ( I plan on keeping this for a while). I actually just got around to to ripping the running boards off today and put a set of the telescoping mirrors on and hope to get around to getting some gauges and F650 lower dash piece to mount them to in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by 460ford; 08-28-2009 at 03:01 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Suburban 1500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 460ford View Post
    Well quite honestly I am doing absolutely nothing with 7.3 liters, I just don't like driving small cars and like having a truck for when I do need it. I looked into the 5.4's and V10's but none of them matched the power or mialege of the diesel and certainly not the durability ( I plan on keeping this for a while. I actually just got around to to ripping the running boards off today and put a set of the telescoping mirrors on and hope to get around to getting some gauges and F650 lower dash piece to mount them to in a couple of weeks.
    Nice truck! The 7.3 was a very nice choice. I have heard of lots of problems with the 6.0 powerjoke.

The mirror switch is a good idea for towing. Did you pick up some used ones? Or did you buy new? If new, how much did you pay? Thanks.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by ledfoot73 Hidden Content
    It's simple, Toyota should recall all of the suspected vehicles and install 4 point safety harnesses, Roll cages, and maybe Hans devices.
    ^ Great quote! Hidden Content

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eurohazard View Post
    Nice truck! The 7.3 was a very nice choice. I have heard of lots of problems with the 6.0 powerjoke.

The mirror switch is a good idea for towing. Did you pick up some used ones? Or did you buy new? If new, how much did you pay? Thanks.
    Thanks, The 7.3's are known to be a very stout motor ( albeit loud and smelly) and hold up a lot better than the 6.0's. I actually ended up trading the mirror's through craigslist in a trade for the running boards which worked out nicely for me as I hate running boards ( Im 6'3" and they just get in the way), The small mirrors I couldn't really see much out of and IMO look like crap on such a big truck. I had wanted the ones with the turn signals built in but didn't feel like spending $300 for a set of those.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Suburban 1500 4x4

Thanks, The 7.3's are known to be a very stout motor ( albeit loud and smelly) and hold up a lot better than the 6.0's. I actually ended up trading the mirror's through craigslist in a trade for the running boards which worked out nicely for me as I hate running boards ( Im 6'3" and they just get in the way), The small mirrors I couldn't really see much out of and IMO look like crap on such a big truck. I had wanted the ones with the turn signals built in but didn't feel like spending $300 for a set of those.
    Sweet, that's what I was wondering. I guess the same company who makes Ford's tow mirrors also make the Nissan Tow mirrors....so I was kinda wondering if Ford's could be had for cheaper than the Nissan counterparts. It looks like the answer in "no".

Good stuff about craigslist...glad everything worked out!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by ledfoot73 Hidden Content
    It's simple, Toyota should recall all of the suspected vehicles and install 4 point safety harnesses, Roll cages, and maybe Hans devices.
    ^ Great quote! Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Nice Super Duty u got there.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

no more 460?
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F14CRAZY View Post
    no more 460?
    There never was a 460 lol, I came up with that name when I was a wacky 15 year old. I still have my Bronco sitting in my driveway and will probably hold on to it and hope to do some work to it when I get time and money.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

There never was a 460 lol, I came up with that name when I was a wacky 15 year old. I still have my Bronco sitting in my driveway and will probably hold on to it and hope to do some work to it when I get time and money.
    haha I was thinking that you had swapped a 460 into the Bronco
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information