The Enclave Has Landed

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Enclave Has Landed

GMI Contributor Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

The Enclave Has Landed

Well, after a long 10 week wait the Enclave arrived this week. And as many of you asked, here are pics of the new family ride. It's a big hit with the family and with friends and neighbours. They first don't know what it is and then want one. Best comment was from my import loving neighbour: "My Honda looks like crap next to that! I want one!"

So, Buick definitely has a winner.

There is one problem with the car. It has fingerprints all over it. Seems everyone comes over to touch and peer inside. It'll be a bitch to keep clean until such time as they become less rare. It is the first one in my neighbourhood. And it is funny watching people crane their necks to get a look.

Onto the pictures.

Last edited by zete; 11-02-2007 at 01:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Re: The Enclave Has Landed

What a gorgeous car...but the wood on the steering wheel looks like Zebrano, whereas the wood on the dash looks like burled walnut. Why does it look so different?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 2,108 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

What a really beautiful neighborhood. Fitting for the Enclave.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

The interior looks really classy, I love the analog clock.

Hope you have fun with the new ride.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE
    What a gorgeous car...but the wood on the steering wheel looks like Zebrano, whereas the wood on the dash looks like burled walnut. Why does it look so different?
    Yeah. It looks kind of wierd in the pictures. The difference between the steering wheel and dashboard wood is very noticable in these shots.

Banned
    Thanks

Nice choice, Zete!! I love those plastic seat backs. My wife has them on her car and I wish my truck had them! It's so much easier to clean than the fabric!

Thanks

I'm still getting used to it but it handles MUCH better than I expected. It really handles about the same as my old 04 CTS. I could live with the DI 3.6 but it does have adequate power. It's comfortable and easy to handle and park. That last is a bit of a surprise. I thought it would be harder to park than it is. It really feels like a much smaller vehicle when you're driving it. I remain suitably impressed. Even though I had a looong test drive back in the summer, I truly didn't appreciate how easy this car handles day-to-day chores and yet does it in luxury and comfort. My wife is thinking this one might be a keeper.

Onto some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchANiceGirl06
    Yeah. It looks kind of wierd in the pictures. The difference between the steering wheel and dashboard wood is very noticable in these shots.
    I'd blame the photographer, who would be me . Anyway, here are some corrected shots. I'm not a genius with a camera -- I'm a software guy. So I've done my best to get the blacks to look right which brings the rest of the interior closer to where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    What a really beautiful neighborhood. Fitting for the Enclave.
    Thanks. We truly like it here and the neighbours are great, too. A very family friendly neighbourhood and about 10 minutes to everywhere in Ottawa -- be it Scotiabank Place for a Sens game or downtown for some theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven
    The interior looks really classy, I love the analog clock.
    My kids picked out the interior colour. They figured black with all that chrome would be the best selection. I have to agree.

Something else that is classy is the lighting; it is sweet. The dash and clock is obviously electroluminescent but when the car comes on or turns off it doesn't simply go "off", everything brightens and then slowly dims while the clock stays lit for a bit longer before going out. When night falls it slowly increases in ambience. Plus, there is an LED that shines a soft yellow hue onto the console where the gear shift is. Overall, quite nice. They call the light dimming method "parade lighting".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likearock00
    Nice choice, Zete!! I love those plastic seat backs. My wife has them on her car and I wish my truck had them! It's so much easier to clean than the fabric!
    Thanks.

I had hoped for leather or pleather but after the kids took their friends out -- my daughter drives -- and they scrambled through the car as kids are apt to do, I'm now VERY happy that it's plastic! All those boots and shoes and buckles would ruin a soft material in no time at all! Obviously GM was a bit more up on that fact than was I.

One of the biggest thrills is that we no longer have to ration the number of friends at 2 or 3 when taking one of the kids to the movies. Now they can take along 5 friends, or for my daughter 6 -- she drives.

Which reminds me of a funny story. My daughter went shopping with the Enclave yesterday and took six friends with her. It was a thrill for her -- and her friends. So off they went. When she parked another car parked a spot over and a woman got out and stared at the Enclave. My daughter smiled and answered her questions as all of my daughter's friends piled out. At which point the lady asked: "How many kids do you have in there?" It must've been like watching clowns get out of a car at a circus . "Six, plus me" is what my daughter said she responded. The lady simply said: "And they all fit comfortably?" My daughter's friends answered that with a chorus of "yeses". It seems she figures it's the perfect car for her daughter who's looking for a nice family hauler. I couldn't agree more. It's perfect. It truly seats 7 in comfort, even 7 my size and I'm 6'3"!

edit: Oh yeah. Another "great" feature my daughter discovered is that it holds a LOT of shopping bags. A necessity when seven girls go shopping.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Congratulations. I am definately green with envy. Nice ride. I hope to get my wife in an Enclave or Acadia to replace her Freestyle in a few years.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 BusyBody's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, wow, wow!! Great car. Congrats!
    2008 Black Impala LTZ, titanium leather, sunroof, and Bose stereo.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala Fleet Mobile

It must feel great to own the finest luxury crossover ever.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 FoMoCo Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice ride.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 3,680 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Zete, congrats. Please keep us updated on how your ride is, when you take it for service or stuff like that.
    Its a great looking ride. You live in a good neighborhood too.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Equinox 2012 Silver

Very sharp! Looks like the color combination of the original show Enclave which is neat to have. I have read great things about the Enclave and it sounds like they are smooth and quiet. I am starting to see more of them on the road. I hope it brings Buick the attention they deserve and helps keep them as GM brand.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AndrewGS's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice choice! What I like most about the Lambdas is the precision of the controls. The accelerator, brakes, steering and suspension all respond smoothly and precisely, making the most of the stiff chassis, while all the buttons and knobs are tactile and smartly placed.
    Andrew - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - KD5FHW
    2014 Chevrolet Sonic RS
    2014 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost

Hidden Content
    Do you remember back in old LA, when everybody drove a Chevrolet? ♫

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information