Daytime Pics, Tinted 02 Aurora

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytime Pics, Tinted 02 Aurora

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Daytime Pics, Tinted 02 Aurora

Here are some daytime pics I took today, I just got her washed. 54 degree temperature in December is a rare and beautiful thing:
    Nightime pics here: https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=59198

Glad I finally got the side amber markers to work...ENJOY!
    Last edited by TaHoE; 01-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Daytime Pics, Tinted 02 Aurora

Wow... these pics really make me want an Aurora when my lease is up. Think I might still be able to find one?
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.

"I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by coaster.n3rd View Post
    Wow... these pics really make me want an Aurora when my lease is up. Think I might still be able to find one?
    Depends when your lease is up. To be honest, one of the reasons I purchased an Aurora was the fact that they were so rare.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Nice!!! Cars and Trucks always look better with the windows tinted IMO.
    2016 Silverado 2500HD High Country

Thanks

I'm not sure if I remember right, but I think my local Chevy Dealer back in Clarkston, Mi had Trail Blazers and S-10s with clear glass all the way around. It looked sooo plain. I'm not sure why they only sold those. This was around 2001-02
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.

"I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Great looking Aurora, but someone please flip his hood emblem around
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

Banned
    Thanks

Great pics! It's amazing how similar the Buicks of today are so similar in appearance to this car. Beautiful ride man.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by F14CRAZY View Post
    Great looking Aurora, but someone please flip his hood emblem around
    Hey I like the upsidedown logo, her nickname is Velma, (with a V) afterall. No one would know the difference except true Olds fans anyway.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

looks good. 54 degrees in january is a little ridiculous if you ask me. wheres the snow??? it feels like may right now- im walking around in shorts and a t shirt. i gotta do the same with my truck, gotta match the front windows with the back ones.
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24 View Post
    looks good. 54 degrees in january is a little ridiculous if you ask me. wheres the snow??? it feels like may right now- im walking around in shorts and a t shirt. i gotta do the same with my truck, gotta match the front windows with the back ones.
    I did on my Silverado, about the same time TaHoe did the Aurora and it looks good, but I'm getting worried now because the guy said give it 3 days before rolling down the windows. Well that was Saturday, it's now Wednesday (4 days) and there's still bubbles all over and it looks crappy. He's done 2 of my other cars, 3 of my buddie's and they were great. This one was the first one I had him do in the winter though. It's been warm the last few days, but we didn't get any sun until today. Hopefully today they work themselves out. I know he'll redo them for me, but it's a bit of a hassle.

TaHoe, the 'A' looks all weird, man. Otherwise, it looks good. I loved the tint on my Saturn though. 5% in the rear and 20% all of the rest of the way around. A Detroit cop yelled at me for it once (and all the other retarded stuff I happened to do at that moment) but no tickets
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

Thanks

Very nice pics, the tint makes the car look really slick! The upsidedown "A" emblem was the first thing I noticed on it. So your car is named Velma? Are we a Scoobie Doo fan?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by ctaylorzl1 View Post
    Very nice pics, the tint makes the car look really slick! The upsidedown "A" emblem was the first thing I noticed on it. So your car is named Velma? Are we a Scoobie Doo fan?
    Indeed I am. I owned a GMC Safari van, whos nickname was "Mystery Machine", of course I am a Scoobie Doo fan!

After much debate, I will be making the logo NORMAL...not too sure about how to go about it, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    I did on my Silverado, about the same time TaHoe did the Aurora and it looks good, but I'm getting worried now because the guy said give it 3 days before rolling down the windows. Well that was Saturday, it's now Wednesday (4 days) and there's still bubbles all over and it looks crappy. He's done 2 of my other cars, 3 of my buddie's and they were great. This one was the first one I had him do in the winter though. It's been warm the last few days, but we didn't get any sun until today. Hopefully today they work themselves out. I know he'll redo them for me, but it's a bit of a hassle.

TaHoe, the 'A' looks all weird, man. Otherwise, it looks good. I loved the tint on my Saturn though. 5% in the rear and 20% all of the rest of the way around. A Detroit cop yelled at me for it once (and all the other retarded stuff I happened to do at that moment) but no tickets
    Well, I got it done when it was about 17 degrees, it's starting to look better and it has almost been a week now. The guy that installed them told me to wait 7 Days. Give it some time, then go back to the guy.
    Last edited by TaHoE; 01-09-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE View Post
    Well, I got it done when it was about 17 degrees, it's starting to look better and it has almost been a week now. The guy that installed them told me to wait 7 Days. Give it some time, then go back to the guy.
    Ya, I'll give it some time. Like I said, I've seen his work on 5 other cars, so I know he's good. All of the others were done in warmer temps though. I think the same thing happened to my friend's Sierra that he did and it eventually worked itself out after a week or so, if I remember correctly. I thought you got it done last weekend, or is that just when I first read the other thread Maybe that's it.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice man! I hope you enjoy your new ride.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    Ya, I'll give it some time. Like I said, I've seen his work on 5 other cars, so I know he's good. All of the others were done in warmer temps though. I think the same thing happened to my friend's Sierra that he did and it eventually worked itself out after a week or so, if I remember correctly. I thought you got it done last weekend, or is that just when I first read the other thread Maybe that's it.
    It was either Wednesday or Thursday, I think Thursday. I had a wake to go to that day, that's why I remember. Unfortunate day for my GF, she lost her Grandmother and her Dog within two days of eachother...So it will be a week tomorrow. But I am still nervous about lowering the window at all.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information