Clear corners on the 99!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Clear corners on the 99!

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Clear corners on the 99!

I got the package today. The front passenger side light and one rear tail light were burned out, but I went through my spare bulb set and fixed it all right up. I love having excessive amounts of wiring harnesses! Please note that while normally I would not pursue having wires all over the place, I am working on an engine swap and pretty much need lots of wires. It will be a sad day when I have to hide my spare bulbs in boxes, though.

Hidden Content
    94 STEi - In different stages of done
    99 SLO - Tune, L26 UIM, ported LIM, N*throttle body, 85mm MAF, welded solid front trans mount, no EGR, no evap, and an intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Suburban 1500 4x4

Re: Clear corners on the 99!

It's an improvement! I'd love to see it crystal clear as opossed to frosted looking. Did you put in a yellow bulb?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by ledfoot73 Hidden Content
    It's simple, Toyota should recall all of the suspected vehicles and install 4 point safety harnesses, Roll cages, and maybe Hans devices.
    ^ Great quote! Hidden Content

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Clear corners on the 99!

Thanks! The OE corner lamps can be cut open and have the amber piece removed. That makes the corner crystal clear, and in photographs it helps match the rest of the headlight. It's a lot better in person, so I am going to try to take a proper camera and see if I can get a more realistic shot that way.

The bulbs I put in shine yellow light because they are cheap, but the center bulb, an 1156, is amber and lights up that color. It is still legal, but I am going to get LEDs that light up amber but are clear when off.

Here is a 1997 SSEi with the OE corners that have had the amber piece removed.

Hidden Content
    94 STEi - In different stages of done
    99 SLO - Tune, L26 UIM, ported LIM, N*throttle body, 85mm MAF, welded solid front trans mount, no EGR, no evap, and an intake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information