Camper time!!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Camper time!!!

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Camper time!!!

Got us a travel trailer!

2006 Fleetwood Pioneer 180ck

Some old dude bought it from our store new in 06, and apparently never used it because it is spotless inside and out. Everything works perfectly and the only thing it needed was tires as they were dry rotted and seperating from being parked. I went ahead and bumped up to 15" wheels and tires to get a little lift out of it, and got chrome ones to match my truck....ok, thats all they had at the time but I dig them. Anyway, we got it back in Oct and have used it a few times, but it has been a cold winter so we are done until it warms up.

Oh, and in the pic the center caps are missing, they didnt have any when I put them on but they are one there now. Looks cool, hehe.....

The TV is supposed to go above the table, but that shelf just inside the door there is where we put our little flatscreen, and we fold down the table into a bed to watch movies. I put a surround sound system in already with an ipod/aux input so we can jam out when we go down to the beach. It is going to be a blast!!!
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 87silver's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Camper time!!!

Cozy looking Fleetwood. I had a 22' for 8 years and didn't have a stitch of trouble with it. Re the TV, I got 2 12V 19" flat screens for my rig from 12volt-travel.com and can play them anywhere without hookup or running a generator. I also increased my battery power by putting in 2 Group29's in parallel.

Good luck and happy trails!

A couple of good websites to get acquainted with are:
    www.campingworld.com
    www.12volt-travel.com

Maybe I'll see you on the highway sometime...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mustapha Mond's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

When I was little we had a pop up tent trailer that we towed behind the Buick Estate. Through the big back windows at the very rear of the wagon my brother and I watched the miles drop away behind us as we traveled Canada from coast to coast. I hope your family has as many good times as mine did on those summer adventures.
    -Elliott

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Suburban 1500 4x4

That's essentially the same floor plan I had on my Coachmen 19flb. I really miss my travel trailer, but I sold it to buy a house. No regrets....but I knew I wouldn't get as much use out of it, if I kept it.

That's a nice looking camper!

On mine I mounted my LCD TV where your mirrored-door closset is at.

Rv.net is a good website too.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by ledfoot73 Hidden Content
    It's simple, Toyota should recall all of the suspected vehicles and install 4 point safety harnesses, Roll cages, and maybe Hans devices.
    ^ Great quote! Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks

Sweet!! Do you take the dogs with you too? I bet you and the missus will get lots of memeories out of it. BTW...how is she doing? Haven't heard from yall in awhile....

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Congrats! Unlucky me I can take out my trailer 'til summer. One thing I did to mine is I put better lighting in it so we don't have to eat in the dark. Happy Camping!
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - too many miles - July 2008-
    2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 177,000 miles August 2011-
    1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible 23,000 miles February 2004-
    -

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likearock00 View Post
    Sweet!! Do you take the dogs with you too? I bet you and the missus will get lots of memeories out of it. BTW...how is she doing? Haven't heard from yall in awhile....
    Yea, we usually leave the littlest one at my moms and the biggest one the neighbors tend to, but the other three have gone with us the 4 times we
    have gone out and it was great.

Wife's good, she still pops in here and there but doesnt post like she used to..

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Congrats! Unlucky me I can take out my trailer 'til summer. One thing I did to mine is I put better lighting in it so we don't have to eat in the dark. Happy Camping!
    Good idea, I was looking at some replacement bulbs that are LED's and put out a brighter white light rather than the dull yellow from standard bulbs.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

Thanks

Looks like a heap of fun, and those wheels look badass. Enjoy it.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Nice rig Shadams. One thing I always love (and laugh at) with caravans (yes, that is what they are really called ) are the wood veneer fridges. Classy!
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information