Bye Bye Trailblazer

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Bye Bye Trailblazer

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 LGRpup's Avatar
    Thanks

Bye Bye Trailblazer

After trying for a year to get the best trade-in possible, and find a vehicle I actually like that is easy on the budget, I finally did it. I traded in my Trailblazer for a Malibu Maxx. I loved my Trailblazer to death, but I had a young & dumb moment when I bought my last two vehicles which equates to lots of negative equity and an over $500 a month payment that I didn't like. I decided to lease the Maxx so that when my lease is up I will lose that negative equity and have saved $150 a month in payments.

I chose the Maxx instead of the regular sedan for added utility and the slight quirkiness the Maxx still has. My initial reaction to the car is that it offers a lot for the money. The interior is nicely done, without to many cheapo looking or feeling parts. The 3.5 is peppy enough for my lead foot and gets really good gas mileage. I bought the Malibu Maxx LS with the 1SB package, sunroof, XM, and sport appearance package. If I didn't have all the negative equity the thing would have cost me around $19,000 with discount and rebate. Again thats a lot of car for the money. The only thing I will miss about the Trailblazer is being able to go off-roading, but I will probably look for an older 4x4 to beat on this winter. And of course my Trailblazer was never called cute, like my Maxx has been. Well as soon as one of my fellow GMIers helps this moron out, I will post my pics in the member garage.
    Last edited by LGRpup; 09-22-2005 at 01:28 PM.
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE
    2012 Chevrolet Malibu LT

It's not cool to hate America people!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bye Bye Trailblazer

Sounds like a really wise buying decision, getting rid of your upside-down status while leasing.

The 3.5L Maxx is a great utilitarian choice in these days of high gas prices. Is that the 2006 with the new grille?

I was never a fan of the overwrought exterior of the Trailblazer, the old-school GM interior look in it, and the reported poor fuel economy of even the I-6. I hope Chevy's next mid-size SUV is more appealing. I like the Envoy and the Ascender, and the exterior of the Rainier. Just couldn't bring myself to buy one when I was in the market and went for a very slightly used and irresistably cheap 2004 Safari AWD instead.

If you want to go off road, consider a Tracker or Vitara - those things can be had cheaply and are fun to take off road. But might be called "cute". OTOH, you could get an old 1970's Blazer - fun to restore and anything but cute.
    Last edited by Ming; 09-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    The 3.5L Maxx is a great utilitarian choice in these days of high gas prices. Is that the 2006 with the new grille?
    Dingus, his sig says "2005."

I'm still in that young and dumb phase, so everythime I think I should drop the 300C in favor of a G6, Cobalt, or HHR, I think of the V8, RWD, and the style and I get giddy. You're a more level-headed person than I am, LGR.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Good choice man! I relaly like the MAXX. MOst days I can't decide what I want to do... do I spend my extra cash on a car I like better (Optra5 is fine, but not actually a car anyone dreams about), or do I sell my car, buy a $3000 Tracker, and use my money elsewhere? Tough call some days. I like cars, but sometimes don't know why I tie up my money in them.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGRpup
    I traded in my Trailblazer for a Malibu Maxx. I loved my Trailblazer to death, but I had a young & dumb moment when I bought my last two vehicles which equates to lots of negative equity and an over $500 a month payment that I didn't like.
    I also got ride of the first and only SUV I will ever own, a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer RWD V8 and bought a 2005 Malibu Maxx. The Maxx carries my folding-telescoping ladder and other work things, and is fancier than the $32,700 Mountaineer, since it has a sunroof, rear DVD, satellite radio, rear skylight, and On-Star, although the Mountainner did have a power passenger seat and reverse proximity sensors. The white Maxx I found had every option except the engine block heater. Had I shopped earlier, I would not have wanted the rear seat DVD player, but with the employee discount, it cost $24,003 (plus tax and license).

Yes, many of us have fallen for the banks selling debt as something good to have. I bought a 1988 Bonneville SSE for $28,800 (again, that is 1988 money), when I was 31. I am 48 now and pay cash for everything except real estate. Once you start saving and investing, you will never want to go back to making the banks rich and you poor.
    Last edited by FStephenMasek; 09-08-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Some of my radios are on Hidden Content - FStephenMasek
    My company: Hidden Content

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61
    Dingus, his sig says "2005."
    Doh!

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 LGRpup's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I still can't figure out how to put a pic in the garage, so here are some pics of the new Mali.
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE
    2012 Chevrolet Malibu LT

It's not cool to hate America people!

Thanks

I love that color. Very nice!

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information