Bought a shift knob for my Mazda5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Bought a shift knob for my Mazda5

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 genjy's Avatar
    Thanks

Bought a shift knob for my Mazda5

I bought a GReddy Counter Weight Shift Knob for my Mazda5! Quality stuff.

The stock Mazda5 shift knob weights about 10 ounces. The GReddy CW knob weights 13.5 ounces. The stock knob is actually pretty heavy for a factory knob, but I don't like its length and prefer a heavier, shorter knob.

A weighted knob feels great! Its weights help smoothen shifting.

The GReddy Counter Weight Knob

Before and after

Close up

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Bought a shift knob for my Mazda5

Not bad at all. For once, I like the shine.

Thanks

Hey, my dad owns a Mazda5 GT (Touring in US) in Platinum Silver Metallic. I'm just curious of the A/C controls. Our 5 came with an A/C option and the controls are different from yours. Is yours without the option or is that how the controls look like on the Sport (GS in Canada) trims?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Sorry for the repost, but our Mazda5 has some issues and was wondering whether you encountered the same problem. When the car stops especially in slow speeds, does the brakes make a grinding noise? Also, when it goes on bumps, does your suspension creak? And this is just out of the box, but was your 5 affected in the recall? Ours was affected right after the payments were transacted. But, Mazda still has to pay us the $500, even though our rental car for the duration, a Ford Freestar Sport, was horrible.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 genjy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaymanS
    Hey, my dad owns a Mazda5 GT (Touring in US) in Platinum Silver Metallic. I'm just curious of the A/C controls. Our 5 came with an A/C option and the controls are different from yours. Is yours without the option or is that how the controls look like on the Sport (GS in Canada) trims?
    You have the fancy looking A/C knobs because yours has automatic climate control. I think all Canadian Mazda5s come with auto climate. In the U.S., the "Sport" trim does not come with auto climate, so my car has the old-school knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymanS
    Sorry for the repost, but our Mazda5 has some issues and was wondering whether you encountered the same problem. When the car stops especially in slow speeds, does the brakes make a grinding noise? Also, when it goes on bumps, does your suspension creak? And this is just out of the box, but was your 5 affected in the recall? Ours was affected right after the payments were transacted. But, Mazda still has to pay us the $500, even though our rental car for the duration, a Ford Freestar Sport, was horrible.
    My brakes have no problem... and I haven't heard of any common brake problems, either.

A lot of people are experiencing suspension creaks, especially in cold weathers. It's not dangerous, but just annoying. I don't think there's a true recall for the suspension noises, but I've seen a TSB about replacing the creaking parts (bushings and control arms) if a customer reports the problem.

My Mazda5's suspension doesn't creak, but rather make an empty "clunk" sound from the rear passenger side if there's a heavy load in the back when I drive over tall speed bumps. I took my car over to Mazda a couple weekends ago and the technician and I tried to make the clunk sound again by driving over some bumps. We weren't successful, so he logged everything in the computer and told me to come back if it gets any worse. I think I am going back next weekend with a friend so we can weigh down the rear of the car.
    Last edited by genjy; 02-27-2007 at 08:42 PM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 montrealvue's Avatar
    Thanks

Who knew a knob could bring such joy? I'm gonna shut up now.
    '87 Merc Tracer '88 Toyota Tercel '89 VW Golf '94 Saturn SL '97 Pontiac Grand Am '00 Olds Silhouette '02 Dodge Intrepid '04 Chev Malibu '06 Saturn Vue '08 Toyota Sienna

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information