Back again...GS style this time

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again...GS style this time

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Back again...GS style this time

Still working for and loving Acura, and driving my 2nd or 3rd new TSX demo. Great car. Never something I had considered before, but just the right mix of size, power, refinement, fun and economy. Tech is the best in the biz, too.

I don't need a second car of my own, but I WANT one, and if the dollars work, why not. Never hurts to own your own car. Bought a '96 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT wagon for a spare car that was religiously maintained and then some, but didn't drive it as much as I thought. A bit too old for me.

Went on vacation in Florida & Georgia mid September, and for a week had a brand new 2012 SRX Performance and was intrigued by GM again. My friend and I loved it and wanted to buy one. I started looking at lease deals, and then cars too, and narrowed down to the SRX, Lacrosse Touring and Regal. SRX awesome but too big and pricey for a 2nd car. Lacrosse Touring a dead tie with Regal, and the V6 & panoramic roof were what I liked from the SRX, but too big and awkward inside seating position for me. Low and behold...Regal GS. Didn't want stick (not for my driving), and auto's are rare. Must have nav & roof.

Emailed around, made a deal Thursday, and this morning signed papers for a new 2012 Regal GS White Diamond with Sunroof, Navigation, WDT paint, and the standard 19" wheels (come with AS Goodyears and I like the brushed style). Such a COOL car. Reminds me of my G8 but with a massively better and tailored interior and the lighter weight/4-cyl perkiness of my TSX demo but more refined.

The drive is so tight, refined, and the 2.0T silent and torquey. GS mode ride & steering is even better. The flat bottom steering wheel is incredible. Add in White Diamond I've missed since my lemon G6 GT coupe. That the fellow sales guy was on his 2nd Turbo Regal himself, and told me about custom tuning them before we even got in, I was sold.

Great lease deal. I won't do many miles...unless I change careers or just like driving too much. Dealer owner was driving it for 700 miles, so partly demo but not really, and it was spotless. Ally leasing seems a lot more flexible now too, without fees at the end.

Waiting on display for me this morning. Won't pick up until tomorrow morning when I take a cab ride over to the dealer.

Vroom. Clearly, those I work with will not see this car for a while, if ever. Buick fun.

39-month lease. This time I will actually try to stay the term, and not buy anything but gas, floor mats and maybe tint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,773 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Re: Back again...GS style this time

Nice looking car, but did you drive the ATS yet?

Congrats anyhow!
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Thanks

Nice car, do you work for a dealer or Acura itself?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Nice car, do you work for a dealer or Acura itself?
    Dealer, to clarify. Great cars can be appreciated regardless of brand.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Nice looking car, but did you drive the ATS yet?

Congrats anyhow!
    While I was going to test drive this I planned to test a base 2.5L ATS next door as it was the same dealer, and the base model looked great, and I presumed lease could work out well. But in the end, drove the Regal and between the look, features, and rarity factor, it just stood out to me more and I didn't bother yet driving the ATS as great as it sounds and looks.

Thanks

great looking car. Thats exactly the way I would get one (color, options). Agree with you on the rarity of it, its one of the appealing things about this car. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1994 Volvo 940 Turbo

Now that is one seriously nice car. Congrats!
    Gone but never forgotten:

1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport
    1992 Mercury Sable GS
    2004 Honda Accord LX
    2007 Hyundai Sonata

Eric Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,638 Times in 2,619 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Very nice! An ATS is nice but its $39k for the standard turbo and optioned out with the sunroof and heated seats.

Great color combo on the car for sure with the brushed wheels.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I find the GS quite appealing, and I would ask that you enjoy it in good health. How does it compare to the TSX that you have currently for a demo?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Congrats. Love it. May you have great luck with the wheels.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

It has arrived. Picked up this morning, it started raining right away.

Rainy view stopping at the bank & post office on the way home. Amazing car.

Complaint? From before, the lack of backup camera. Come on GM, nav screen and even front end parking sensors, but no camera. Bizarre for me to get used to, $38k sticker car or otherwise.

Then made it home.

Buick safely parked at home!

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Very nice! An ATS is nice but its $39k for the standard turbo and optioned out with the sunroof and heated seats.

Great color combo on the car for sure with the brushed wheels.
    Thanks! The ATS seemed like a winner to me, but even with RWD and the performance/look/size, for $38k, even leasing, I wanted all the features. And something "rare". The GS drive is a winning experience in a different package, and more emotional car, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    I find the GS quite appealing, and I would ask that you enjoy it in good health. How does it compare to the TSX that you have currently for a demo?
    TSX standard 2.4L 4-cyl has a LOT of power and the Honda 5-spd is quick, crisp, and gets every bit out of the engine. Great fuel mileage, just a bit noisy at times.

The Regal rides better on smooth or rough roads, feeling very firm but more absorbant and settled where the TSX can jostle you around. The TSX has sharp steering but back to back with the Regal, doesn't feel as natural and a hair bit more robotic. Turning with bumps, the Regal is composed while the TSX is too but can get a bit unsorted for half a second.

Both feel equally solid, but the Regal more so because it has such a lack of road noise where the TSX is quiet but always a bit tire roary on the highway or non perfect pavement roads.

Similar sizing for both. The TSX comes off as a powerful, crisp, and communicative sedan with great power, maybe in need of an even more efficient 6-spd auto and more so, more insulation and more sophisticated shock/spring damping sort out. I would drive and buy a TSX anyday with my own money, but right now the Regal is that much nicer and in GS form no contest.

Interestingly, I drove part way home in GS mode, and while it makes it stiffer, the GS ride reminded me of the stock ride in my TSX, but with less noise.

Not noticing much in way of turbo lag or otherwise, just smooth, QUIET power, and the seats/steering wheel I could handle all day.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Can a rear view camera be sourced , and retrofitted perhaps a license plate mount camera?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Can a rear view camera be sourced , and retrofitted perhaps a license plate mount camera?
    Seems doable from a Google search. I would do so, but only if the cost is low and install simple for someone. For now, just need to re-train myself to park without a camera, like I used to.

I'm going to sleep in this thing tonight. Buick has come far. In the end, glad I didn't do Lacrosse. Or splurge even more on a Caddy.

I wish they'd sell more, or just enough to get numbers up and not enough I still avoid seeing myself on every corner.

New pro's:
    -Onstar app coolness. Now I know why my mother uses it so often.
    -Keyless access & go, my favorite.
    -Harmon Kardon audio sounds strong, just played with it a little more

Not sure:
    -Tire pressure low. Says 35 on the sticker, they're all 30 or 31, setting an Onstar alert. Oops, dealer. It happens.
    -Backup camera, again. So strange. Why not, GM? Still not for 2013 either.
    -I asked "and the foglights?" and we had a few second silence...right, GS doesn't have them. Forgot that somehow. HID ringed lights are fine.

Good night all.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Scheduled tint for first thing tomorrow morning.

Not usually a tint fan, but I had the rear windows done legally on my G8 GT and with the black interior the fronts barely looked any different. That tint was perfect and hopefully this turns out the same. It was a place recommended by the Buick sales guy, as on his own Regal. Bright & early tomorrow.

Also, living in Philly and with my parking, I need to get a deal with a mobile detailer to keep it touched up and waxed/sealed/washed for me, without spending too much. We'll see.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information