It always has to rain...

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: It always has to rain...

  1. #1
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    It always has to rain...

    Well, I tried to take some new daylight pictures but just as I was going into my third picture, a thunderstorm took over. Here is what I managed to take, enjoy! (BTW: for the 100th time, I know the emblem is upside down)












  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    23,621
    Thanks
    4,145
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE View Post
    Nice pics... but something about this one makes me think you're going to pop the trunk and dump a dead body...
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,292
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Wait...are the emblems in the front AND back incorrectly positioned??

    I only knew about the front.

    Must have been a Friday car.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    23,621
    Thanks
    4,145
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

    Re: It always has to rain...

    No the back's right, it's a stylized A.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

    Hidden Content

  7. #5
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
    Nice pics... but something about this one makes me think you're going to pop the trunk and dump a dead body...
    Oh Paul, how did you find out? You're next buddy!

  8. #6
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 chaseabryant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,152
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Great Pictures! I rather like the dark clouds as a background. That is a very nice blue color coming from the HIDs. What temperature of light did you put in there? They've got to be more than 6,000K. What is driving at night like with them?

    Love your Aurora.

    -Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

  9. #7
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by chaseabryant View Post
    Great Pictures! I rather like the dark clouds as a background. That is a very nice blue color coming from the HIDs. What temperature of light did you put in there? They've got to be more than 6,000K. What is driving at night like with them?

    Love your Aurora.

    -Chase
    Nope, those are actually 6Ks.

    They don't seem to be any better at night. They are purely stylistic. Especcially since the road lighting is mostly yellow it washes out any benefits of my HIDs. On unlit roads they are great though. I'll try to post up a video of them so you can see what it looks like. Because of them I can't leave the headlights on Auto though

  10. #8
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    11,898
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 845 Times in 468 Posts

    Re: It always has to rain...

    son, flip that emblem...oh n/m
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

    '87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

  11. #9
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 chaseabryant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,152
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE View Post
    Nope, those are actually 6Ks.

    They don't seem to be any better at night. They are purely stylistic. Especcially since the road lighting is mostly yellow it washes out any benefits of my HIDs. On unlit roads they are great though. I'll try to post up a video of them so you can see what it looks like. Because of them I can't leave the headlights on Auto though
    wow, they look so blue! I used to have 6000K's in my BMW, but they did not look as nice as yours do!

    I'm guessing that you aren't able to leave your lights on auto because if they are turned off and then turned on again too soon, especially if it is repeatedly, it can shorten the life of the bulb. That is why there is a reddish flash if you turn your lights off and then on right away. The gases in the bulb haven't been given the right amount of time cool down completely.

    -Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

  12. #10
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by chaseabryant View Post
    wow, they look so blue! I used to have 6000K's in my BMW, but they did not look as nice as yours do!

    I'm guessing that you aren't able to leave your lights on auto because if they are turned off and then turned on again too soon, especially if it is repeatedly, it can shorten the life of the bulb. That is why there is a reddish flash if you turn your lights off and then on right away. The gases in the bulb haven't been given the right amount of time cool down completely.

    -Chase
    I had just turned them on before the picture, that's why they looked so blue

  13. #11
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: It always has to rain...

    I like it a lot! The 3.5 seems to have been underplayed a bit with the 4.0 looming over head, but I think it's a fun engine. Can't it rev relatively high? It must be a great car for everyday driving, and the styling isn't bad either.
    Hidden Content
    94 STEi - In different stages of done
    99 SLO - Tune, L26 UIM, ported LIM, N*throttle body, 85mm MAF, welded solid front trans mount, no EGR, no evap, and an intake

  14. #12
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by radomirthegreat View Post
    I like it a lot! The 3.5 seems to have been underplayed a bit with the 4.0 looming over head, but I think it's a fun engine. Can't it rev relatively high? It must be a great car for everyday driving, and the styling isn't bad either.
    It's a very smooth and dependable engine (But super expensive to fix). It's actually not much of a revver. There's a limiter at 4K in Park and in drive it normally shifts before 4-5K

  15. #13
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Ha, well you need a tune to get the revs up quite a bit higher!
    Hidden Content
    94 STEi - In different stages of done
    99 SLO - Tune, L26 UIM, ported LIM, N*throttle body, 85mm MAF, welded solid front trans mount, no EGR, no evap, and an intake

  16. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: It always has to rain...

    First of all I too am very sick of rain & thunderstorms

    Such a beautiful car you have there. I absolutely love it.

    I suggest you never part with it.

    Great pix thanks for sharing.

  17. #15
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: It always has to rain...

    Quote Originally Posted by MERCURYSABLE08 View Post
    First of all I too am very sick of rain & thunderstorms

    Such a beautiful car you have there. I absolutely love it.

    I suggest you never part with it.

    Great pix thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the comments!

    You know, the more and more time I spend with this car, the less and less I want a new one. I have had this car for about 2 years, and it still feels brand new. I will miss it when I have to part with it...

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2