2000 Monte Carlo SS Repainted

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Monte Carlo SS Repainted

Thanks

2000 Monte Carlo SS Repainted

Well I finally went through with getting the car repainted, they had it chemically stripped down (found out it was repainted 3x) and redone in a colour I picked up off of Ming. Although Mings Bonneville shows purple flakes my monte shows greenish/blueish flakes in the sun. Thanks Ming for the idea.

The car was redone right with the removal of all the trim around the side windows, mirrors removed and front/rear bumper facia removed. The front and rear window trim was lifted up slightly so they could shoot under it.

The tail light covers are GM accesories no longer available. Spoiler ordered from SLP, it bolted right where the factory flat spoiler sat. No drilling required. Bowtie is from the 06/07 models, earlier montes had the red bowtie. The body kit is by Razzi, luckily I havn't ever busted it up on roadkill or something large on the road. 35% window tint all round.

The side scripts are airbrushed, nice when I wash it.

The car rides on Eagle Alloys 5 spoke series and wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport 245-50-17's. Stopping with drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted red and the caliper decal "Monte Carlo SS"

The exhaust from the cat-Back is by Borla, 3" S.S. downpipe with a high flow Cat fron Random Technologies. U-bend deleted. The Cold Air Box is from Thrashed Engineered Performance and inside it is a K&N 9" cone air filter.

High performance throtle body comes from ZZ Performance, bored and ported. Wires are Taylor Spiro-Pro mated with MSD Ignition Coils. I painted the engine cover myself, its colour shifts in the sunlight.

Inside the engine I'm running SLP's High Ratio Roller Rockers and SLP's revised length Stock-Type Pushrods. The strut tower brace is also SLP's, I moved the factory front tower brace back in the trunk on the rear. The diagonal braces, upper motor mounts are powder coated black.

Transmission shift kit installed, I'm using Thrashers set on medium. Cooling the engine is a 180 degree T-Stat.

The front windshield decal reads "Team Monte Carlo" and the headlight low beams are fitted with PIAA's. I also upgraded the reverse lights and fog lights but those fog or driving lights don't do much.

Well that's mostly it and although it may not be a so called "Real Monte Carlo" because it isn't RWD as some people put it it does however give me plenty of fun, great on gas, comfortable to ride in and turns alot of heads. I get plenty of compliments and "thumbs-up" from all sorts of people, young and old.

Enjoy and thanks for checking it out.
    Last edited by SS4EVER; 05-22-2007 at 08:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Re: 2000 Monte Carlo SS Repainted

Beautiful!

I was real close to being in a black Monte SS back in '03 when I bought the Mustang..I honestly wish I would have went with the Monte. I love those cars and cant imagine why they arent doing aswell as they should be (RWD would help)...but anyways..on the paint, it looks amazing, I love that greenish tint to it that you can see from the angle shot. I bet those pics dont even do justice to how it looks in person in the sunlight.

Nice choice man..I am always weery about paint jobs on newer cars..but that looks like it turned out great.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Hey great man! I always liked that generation of Monte, even if it is FWD! It's got great curves along the fenders. You've done some nice work too... cool to see you tinkered with the looks AND the go-fast parts.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 gm_scott's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres a Monte done right!

Thanks

Hoping to own that bodystyle or the current refreshed Monte bodystyle one day.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 giagastormer's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome car. How much did the paint job cost ya??

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Very nice looking Monte! It's great to see a car that is well loved by its owner.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

That's really nice. Clean... tasteful--exactly what a Monte should be. I'm jealous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    Beautiful!

I was real close to being in a black Monte SS back in '03 when I bought the Mustang..I honestly wish I would have went with the Monte. I love those cars and cant imagine why they arent doing aswell as they should be (RWD would help)...but anyways..on the paint, it looks amazing, I love that greenish tint to it that you can see from the angle shot. I bet those pics dont even do justice to how it looks in person in the sunlight.
    Very true, you have to be up walking near it to truely see the metallic flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by giagastormer
    Awesome car. How much did the paint job cost ya??
    Ummm, it was expensive but worth it to me...almost 6K. A lot of labour went into preping the car. I have been storing the car for the past 5 winters, it has 115K miles on her. I noticed GM's paint cracking in April of 03 just 8 months after the 36 month warranty expired. Car was registered Sept of 99. I brought GM to arbitration and lost, guess I should have hired a lawyer. Frustrating. It still burns me when I think of the decision, the whole car at that time had cracks right down the the primer (horizontal plane). Two weeks after the decision I noticed some tiny cracks starting to come up through the paint but these were on the verticle surface. That is why they had to strip the car down to the bare metal, as far down as the belt line.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2648562
    That's really nice. Clean... tasteful--exactly what a Monte should be. I'm jealous.
    Thanks, it is much cleaner than is was prior to the new paint.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gm_scott
    Theres a Monte done right!
    Thank you, it's been a continuing project year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
    Very nice looking Monte! It's great to see a car that is well loved by its owner.
    Thanks, I'm probably a little too passionate about it though...lol.

Thanks

Wow, abosuletly stunning. I must ask you, have you been in Cambridge the last couple days? Because I swear I saw an extremely simialr paint job with similar rims on a SS monte around here.

GORGEOUS>!
    Hidden Content

1997.5 Buick Regal GS : 4'' Fenderwell CAI, Headers, 3.4'' Pulley, Catback, Tune.

Mid 13s run after run after run.

Thanks

Havn't been in Cambridge for a long while so it must have been another. I lived in Guelph back in 98/99....wow it has been that long.
    Thanks for checking her out and the compliment.

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome car! I dig the fact that you would spend that kind of money on an older car like that, I'm the same way with my 98 Sonoma, although I havent spent that much money on it......yet.

My only question, what made you go with the Gold Bowtie when every other emblem is red? Still looks killer though!!
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Nice effort (and commitment). Alot of people would give up on her but it's great to see you love your car that much.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information