2000 Ford Ranger XLT

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

2000 Ford Ranger XLT

My brother just got a car to take to college to haul around his surfboards and his guitars--a 2000 Ford Ranger. I cleaned up the exterior for him today but since the interior is such a piece of work I'm going to wait until tomorrow to work on that. V6 and the automatic though (not sure which V6--not my car) with 112K on the clock. It runs really nice. Well here's some pictures:

Filthy interior:

After I washed, clay bar'd, and waxed the little beast:

And here it is with the Grand Cherokee that my dad and I share (for when it's raining and I don't want to get the SS all nasty):

(The following paragraph is about the 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo pictured above)

It needs a good bath but I couldn't really get motivated since my brother drove it all the time but now I think it'll be easier to keep clean. 4.0 I6 with a four speed auto and about 135K miles and it's currently averaging 22MPG according to the on-board computer.
    Last edited by MonteCarloSS86; 05-27-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 BrickTamland's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT

It has a mileage estimator? That is surprising since I think it would have the power package before a trip computer, assuming I am correct in thinking power mirrors were always joined up with power locks and power windows.

Nice job cleaning it up!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Current: Galaxy Gray 2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring
    Former: Super Black 2003 Nissan Maxima SE
    Brilliant Blue Metallic 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you plan on getting the stains out of the upholstery? Renting a Rug Doctor?
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 lio45's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy truck

It's a V6, not I6.

Very nice truck, these years were my favorite Rangers (well, the cab has been the same 1993-2008, but I'm talking about that front end, 1998-2002, IIRC)...

Reg cab with the stepside short box (of that very generation) would be my favorite small truck model ever.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

The I6, trip computer, and that entire paragraph were about my Grand Cherokee.

But yeah I'm really jealous of him until I look at my SS. A little truck would be fun though for sure.

And yeah tomorrow we're borrowing our friend's rug doctor thing. The interior was a little much to do in the time I had though. If that doesn't work though I'm going to try a few upholstery cleaners out (any recommendations?) but if it doesn't come completely out it's not too big of a deal because I'm sure my brother will never clean it anyways.
    Last edited by MonteCarloSS86; 05-27-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 lio45's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy truck

Quote Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
    The I6, trip computer, and that entire paragraph were about my Grand Cherokee.
    LOL! That Ranger, as you probably know, happens to have a 4.0 six-cylinder too, so I just assumed you were talking about it... the AMC inline six is pretty rare in Grand Cherokees (it's plentiful in regular Cherokees) around here, so I thought for some reason that you had the 318.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
    And yeah tomorrow we're borrowing our friend's rug doctor thing. The interior was a little much to do in the time I had though. If that doesn't work though I'm going to try a few upholstery cleaners out (any recommendations?) but if it doesn't come completely out it's not too big of a deal because I'm sure my brother will never clean it anyways.
    If anything is going to get those stains out its going to be a Rug Doctor. In our last home we used it yearly and the water would look black as oil when we were done.
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information