1 year later, my 2012 Challenger R/T

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 1 year later, my 2012 Challenger R/T

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

1 year later, my 2012 Challenger R/T

Well, I figured after a year of ownership, I ought to show off my Challenger on here. Reminiscing on the purchase, it won out over a used G8 GT and a new Camaro SS. As much as I wanted to buy GM, the fat of the matter is that the G8 just wasn't a radical enough exterior design and the Camaro was not built for someone tall like me. The Challenger was a happy medium. Still a great looking coupe, but with plenty of space on the inside. Only things I have done to it were aftermarket wheels, plus splash guards. I would like to do some performance mods eventually, but I'll wait 'til the warranty expires.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC 6 Shooter's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Centennial Edition GS Roadster

Cool Congrats - Wife sold her G8 GT earlier this year and bought a Charger...

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,030 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: 1 year later, my 2012 Challenger R/T

Really sharp car. Do you have any specific insights about what your favorite aspects of th car you really like? Any small things you would improve on?

I hear supercharging is a cool way to go when the warranty is over?

Is this your daily driver? How many miles and no issues to speak of during the light winter last year I'm sure.

Looking forward to yor responses and thanks for sharing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,499 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Are those Ford wheels? They look like the sport wheels of an Explorer.

Good looking car. I just wish the Challenger had more sport in them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

That's a nice looking ride. I vote for a supercharger when the warranty expires and they sound awesome with a Corsa exhaust.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,698 Times in 4,156 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Although coupes are not my forte, I really like the Chally. May own one, one of these days.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

I really like the Challenger's exterior styling the best over the Mustang and Camaro. I also really like the interior. There is ample space, and while it is pretty spartan by nature, it doesn't look unusual to me like the Camaro's does. Areas for improvement? I would point to performance. A big part of that is the dated 5 speed automatic, which will be replaced with the 8 speed used in the Charger and 300 for the 2015 model year if I recall correctly. The car could also use a boost in power as well. It is plenty powerful, but relative to its closest competitor (Camaro SS), a boost is needed. The Challenger is a heavier car, so I wouldn't expect it to be faster than a Camaro SS, but an equal amount of power would be nice. The R/T "only" has 372 horsepower whereas the Camaro is at 400 hp with a 200 lb weight advantage.

The car is a daily driver with about 7,000 miles on it (no long trips, which is the reason for the low miles). Winter tires plus 100 lbs of sand over the rear tires and I had no problems in the snow. Only issue I have had was the radio had to be replaced (under warranty), which isn't too major.

The wheels are Moda MD14's mounted on the stock tires. I use the stock wheels for the Winter with snow tires mounted on 'em.

One of my least favorite things about the car is that everyone calls it either a Camaro or Charger. It becomes annoying always having to correct people. lol

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information