Road RAGING!!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Road RAGING!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 Camaro/Now on hold. :(

Road RAGING!!!

Not a modern trend it seems.

But as is normally the case, people are seemingly better at it these days. Any thoughts or observations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,748 Times in 4,671 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: Road RAGING!!!

True story! 1950, 2019, What difference does it make?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    True story! 1950, 2019, What difference does it make?
    Very little, it seems. Just wondering if hackers will one day be able to turn autonomous cars into Christine wannabes?

What do you drive? A Prius pedestrian killer. And you? Well, I have an F350 pedestrian pulverizer that makes road kill out of Prii or whatever the correct plural is. https://www.cars.com/articles/2011/0...latin-experts/

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,333 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

My thought is people like to think the present day is the worst, the end of times. But it isn't. Technology and population has changed giving us more powerful drugs, immediate and widespread reporting/headlines, greater interaction of people, etc.. However, the basic human instinct has not changed. We were always subject to road rage, it is human nature and there's nothing that can be done about it other than self driving cars taking the human out of the equation.

Politics have always been scummy, ego's have always been big, people have always cheated on their spouse, drugs have always been there and people are theives. The liberals think they can eradicate bullying, they can't. #meto thinks it can stop those in power from taking advantage, they can't (and notice I didn't say "men in power taking advantage of women", it goes both ways). Human nature, we just have the internet and cameras everywhere to instantly let us know our fellow many can do wrong, but of course it is never "me" doing wrong. I'd never curse at the person who cut "me" off.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    My thought is people like to think the present day is the worst, the end of times. But it isn't. Technology and population has changed giving us more powerful drugs, immediate and widespread reporting/headlines, greater interaction of people, etc.. However, the basic human instinct has not changed. We were always subject to road rage, it is human nature and there's nothing that can be done about it other than self driving cars taking the human out of the equation.

Politics have always been scummy, ego's have always been big, people have always cheated on their spouse, drugs have always been there and people are theives. The liberals think they can eradicate bullying, they can't. #meto thinks it can stop those in power from taking advantage, they can't (and notice I didn't say "men in power taking advantage of women", it goes both ways). Human nature, we just have the internet and cameras everywhere to instantly let us know our fellow many can do wrong, but of course it is never "me" doing wrong. I'd never curse at the person who cut "me" off.
    I agree. Modern vehicles give better opportunities to be the 'best' you can be. Thing is, I shamefully admit to being a victim/perpetrator myself for quite a while. Much like the cartoon, I seemingly had split personalities. In my case I was a polite driver until I started watching NASCAR in the mid 1990s. Not sure that's the reason but it did coincide. There also seemed to be more and more people paying less and less attention around that time. Their attitude was very similar to Goofy's. "I'm better (and meaner) than you so stay out of my way. My rage built slowly over the years until it finally exploded and I became just like them.

I clamped down on it for the most part but admit when it broke through I was powerless to stop it. Enough was enough.

Can you stop being a road rager? In my case the answer is a definite yes. Not by trying to control it but rather letting it go. If you let some complete stranger ruin your entire day over a few brief meaningless seconds then the problem is entirely yours. The best way to handle it is to let them embrace their own actions by not responding. Then the problem is entirely theirs. So do I curse people who badly misbehave while driving? No. Not anymore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-25-2019)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information