The Suzuki Kizashi thread - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

Quote Originally Posted by fast86-gn View Post
    I'm more of a straight line kind of guy I have been drag racing for about 25 years. The Sky is great in the twisties but it's better in the 1/4 mile!

Of course not as fast as my GN or GS, but fun none the less.
    ohhhh so you be dragging ok i see where your fun is at ..well it aint my thing no speeding like that for me but i respect it its what you do aint nothing wrong but im going to work and occassional road trip im good...lol.....180 h/p lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC fast86-gn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biggz1 View Post
    ohhhh so you be dragging ok i see where your fun is at ..well it aint my thing no speeding like that for me but i respect it its what you do aint nothing wrong but im going to work and occassional road trip im good...lol.....180 h/p lol
    That's cool too... got to have that daily driver I drive my Rainier V8 5.3 300hp everyday.

Here is a shot of my daily driver / car hauler.
    Last edited by fast86-gn; 05-27-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    David N.
    86 Regal GN Wknd Race/Show car
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal LS Supercharged Race car
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    08 Sky Redline Wife's car
    05 Rainier GSX
    12 LaCrosse 3.6 Wife's car
    Hidden Content

Thanks

suzuki kizashi again creeping up on those sheep followers give credit where credit is due..http://www.auto123.com/en/suzuki/kiz...0&artid=119465

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

suzuki kizashi again creeping up on those sheep followers give credit where credit is due..http://www.auto123.com/en/suzuki/kiz...0&artid=119465
    maybe if it made me smile when I pushed the gas pedal.....saying that...I guess the 5 speed has a little get up and go....but every thing I have read on the CVT version--it's pathetic.
    Proud Pontiac Owner
    2004 Grand Am SE V6 with 1SB package. Faster then my 2,4L Cobalt auto was! More fun to drive too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avro206 View Post
    maybe if it made me smile when I pushed the gas pedal.....saying that...I guess the 5 speed has a little get up and go....but every thing I have read on the CVT version--it's pathetic.
    i told you already i aint no speed demon it gets me too work and to my trips and it looks good on the road heads be turning.. i have no problem with the h/p ..h/p is over rated in my book and once its going its going dont bother me... you like what you like i guess the kizashi is not pathetic....i guess you one of those peeling off and i end up right behind you at the stop light.....and if you go to the track you wont see me there.....so we in two different worlds....cars are not only for so called enthusiasts you know some people just want to get to work safely im actually tired of car reviews that treat all cars as if its only car enthusiasts driving them...HORSEPOWER IS NOT THE ONLY INDICATION OF A GOOD CAR....actually h/p is a want not a need... transportation is a need.... have you try using the paddles with the cvt.....gimme a 4 banger keep your v6...i will drive drive slow keep your turbo.. ......you wanna drive quick i will give you a ticket [nyc officer]...you want speed i have a transportation need simple as that...but suzuki will take care of you coming soon i guess kizashi is best.......LOL.....i think you just dont like suzuki[hating]....wat you want to follow like a sheep buy a sonata...ohhh let me suggest something to you stop reading and go drive the car yourself you kidding me you talking **** and all you ever did was READ....huh.....since you like reading you should have read a couple reviews that the cvt works great daily drivers wouldnt have a problem well i am one of those...BOOYAH
    Last edited by biggz1; 06-01-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks

i told you already i aint no speed demon it gets me too work and to my trips and it looks good on the road heads be turning.. i have no problem with the h/p ..h/p is over rated in my book and once its going its going dont bother me... you like what you like i guess the kizashi is not pathetic....i guess you one of those peeling off and i end up right behind you at the stop light.....and if you go to the track you wont see me there.....so we in two different worlds....cars are not only for so called enthusiasts you know some people just want to get to work safely im actually tired of car reviews that treat all cars as if its only car enthusiasts driving them...HORSEPOWER IS NOT THE ONLY INDICATION OF A GOOD CAR....actually h/p is a want not a need... transportation is a need.... have you try using the paddles with the cvt.....gimme a 4 banger keep your v6...i will drive drive slow keep your turbo.. ......you wanna drive quick i will give you a ticket [nyc officer]...you want speed i have a transportation need simple as that...but suzuki will take care of you coming soon i guess kizashi is best.......LOL.....i think you just dont like suzuki[hating]....wat you want to follow like a sheep buy a sonata...ohhh let me suggest something to you stop reading and go drive the car yourself you kidding me you talking **** and all you ever did was READ....huh.....since you like reading you should have read a couple reviews that the cvt works great daily drivers wouldnt have a problem well i am one of those...BOOYAH
    wow.

No tickets in 14 years here.

I had a Cobalt SS 2.4L--it's handling was alot better then my Grand Am.

But I don't autocross the Grand Am. I am far happier giving up some handling for the greater acceleration of the 3400 V6.

You really sound like a spokesperson for Suzuki you know. Well an unofficial one at any point. I doubt anyone here is really buying what your trying to sell.

Horsepower does mean alot to me--most here I would guess. It comes in handy for merging into fast moving traffic and passing on a two lane highway.

Too bad Suzuki can't build the car with handling and good amount of horsepower. But that would be too hard eh?
    Proud Pontiac Owner
    2004 Grand Am SE V6 with 1SB package. Faster then my 2,4L Cobalt auto was! More fun to drive too.

Thanks

wow.

But I don't autocross the Grand Am. I am far happier giving up some handling for the greater acceleration of the 3400 V6.

You really sound like a spokesperson for Suzuki you know. Well an unofficial one at any point. I doubt anyone here is really buying what your trying to sell.

Horsepower does mean alot to me--most here I would guess. It comes in handy for merging into fast moving traffic and passing on a two lane highway.

Too bad Suzuki can't build the car with handling and good amount of horsepower. But that would be too hard eh?
    never had a problem merging on highway but no sir most people are daily drivers thats why manufacturers build cars the way they do.buick got 182 h/pbut they also got turbo suzuki was gonna do same but they broke with gm now they partners with vw so go drive one when it comes out dont just read great injustice you doing yourself you have to feel it to be surprised you would be just like me a proud owner.but they also know they could sell some people h/p and make even more money ..300 h/p is not needed at all for daily driving would you tell maybe your mom or whoever, mom you gotta get 300 horses when all he/she does is go to work and run errands it would be a waste. i wouldnt think so, think about it...everyone dont need all this h/p i do realise people are different but if i respect that so should you...maybe i dont share your passion..i also drive a v8 350 h/p tahoe difference means nothing to me
    Last edited by biggz1; 06-01-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks

wow.

check this video out this is for you my friend everyone is not a so called enthusiasts...i hope you can get the humor in this...http://jalopnik.com/5552529/asking-a...ice-is-useless

Thanks

check this video out this is for you my friend everyone is not a so called enthusiasts...i hope you can get the humor in this...http://jalopnik.com/5552529/asking-a...ice-is-useless
    lol that is Funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Not sure why your directing it at me though.....you did read where I don't autocross my car right?

Great handling, which you seem to be all about...is only noticed when you are speeding and going around corners at high speeds. Which I said, I have no tickets and am 99% of the time a laid back, very safe driver.

Let me, for the last time try to clarify my point here.

The Suzuki is overhyped. It can handle, fine. It lacks the other essential ingrediant...strong, competitive acceleration. So-so is not exactly a great effort here.

You don't even want to acknowledge this part, right?

Add insult to injury--AWD and CVT and the only powertrain in Canada..it's 31K!!!! Loaded but your paying that much and getting something that is at the back of the back.

Your 350HP Tahoe--how is it 350hp? 6.0? Is irrelevant--it weighs north of 5500lbs. Power to weight ratio is what it's all about.
    Proud Pontiac Owner

Thanks

the point of the video is not everyone cares about all the car enthusiast stuff as long as the car is decent and can get to work or whatever errands thats what most people want ....some people dont get all into specifics and thats what the guy in cartoon was trying to say he was perfect candidate for a kizashi lol....or even a cruze with less h/p like me...the other guy was you...it was just funny i came upon that....given the conversations we were having...its ok you into what you in too and im into wat in in too....audi got a new v12 i think 525 h/p why dont you get that ..i wont.....kizashi acceleration is fine for me thank you....im even getting rid of the truck and getting a cruze even less h/p...ha
    Last edited by biggz1; 06-02-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 645 Posts

The Kizashi is on sale in my area for $16K.

I can put up with a lot for a mid sized car for $16K...especially a handsome one like this Suzuki.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by member12 View Post
    The Kizashi is on sale in my area for $16K.

I can put up with a lot for a mid sized car for $16K...especially a handsome one like this Suzuki.
    you wont be putting up with much its a great car ....its perfect i love mine some people have issues with h/p i sure dont

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information