The Suzuki Kizashi thread - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

Thanks

Re: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

some horsepower is really needed here. 3400+ lbs and 180hp make for big yawn. It's back of the pack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC fast86-gn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biggz1 View Post
    what sucks about the name you do realise its a japanese car right nothing wrong with the name camry is not american....sales shouldnt have nothing to do with the name..fact is this car is great excellent handling i gave this car a chance was so impressed i ending up buying it no regrets,,,i guess sonata is an american name...value for the money is great...perfect car in my opinion...dont need anymore h/p most time h/p is for bragging rights but not practical no racer here.....its looks better than a lot of the so called popular cars out there..and drives well....some people need to get off the so called popular name bandwagon and stop following like sheep and give credit where credit is due...is it only me but does anyone remember when nobody wanted to touch a hyundai..and i dont think the sonata is all that just my opinion though hell i think the nose is ugly...but i guess im wrong now for not following the masses..please

Maybe an ok car But Suzuki is not at the top of everyones list, maybe it should be but it's not. And a funky name is not going to help. Plus it is way underpowered even for a non racer! Buy one now if you want it because it will be gone in a few years due to slow sales. I'll stick with GM! Thanks
    David N.
    86 Regal GN Wknd Race/Show car
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal LS Supercharged Race car
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    08 Sky Redline Wife's car
    05 Rainier GSX
    12 LaCrosse 3.6 Wife's car
    Hidden Content

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast86-gn View Post
    Maybe an ok car But Suzuki is not at the top of everyones list, maybe it should be but it's not. And a funky name is not going to help. Plus it is way underpowered even for a non racer! Buy one now if you want it because it will be gone in a few years due to slow sales. I'll stick with GM! Thanks
    beat you buddy speaking from experience i already own one nothing funky about the name to me ..its not at the top of no ones list because everyone is like sheep following the herd ..couple of years ago hyundai was in same position as suzuki is now so things and times can change hyundai proves that..i too own gm tahoe v8 250-300 h/p do i care for all that ya see thats my point a lot of time h/p is just for bragging rights but its not practical 180 h/p gets me around just fine dont need the bragging rights.n 180 h/p is not under powered really its enough for everyday driving the new regal will have 170 h/p .yes gm is great but all im saying is give credit where credit is due dont just knock the car because its a suzuki...then you just following name brand plus suzuki selling all over the world as top car for years didnt need a bailout .and you know what when driving my tahoe the power issue dont even come into play in my mind its really not needed maybe its how i drive and thats my point exactly im not a racer and i dont be peeling off at greenlights and in new york city its a light every block dont need all the bull**** about h/p...its like super size at mcdonalds do we really need supersize nah... keep the horses just get me to my destination safely..thats my opinion...the kizashi rocks good solid effort by suzuki if they keep it up they could do the same turnaround hyundai did why not then the sheep would come flocking i guess thats human nature
    Last edited by biggz1; 05-24-2010 at 11:49 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SonicAerio's Avatar
    Thanks

beat you buddy speaking from experience i already own one nothing funky about the name to me ..its not at the top of no ones list because everyone is like sheep following the herd ..couple of years ago hyundai was in same position as suzuki is now so things and times can change hyundai proves that..i too own gm tahoe v8 250-300 h/p do i care for all that ya see thats my point a lot of time h/p is just for bragging rights but its not practical 180 h/p gets me around just fine dont need the bragging rights.n 180 h/p is not under powered really its enough for everyday driving the new regal will have 170 h/p .yes gm is great but all im saying is give credit where credit is due dont just knock the car because its a suzuki...then you just following name brand plus suzuki selling all over the world as top car for years didnt need a bailout .

+1 to everything he says

Only reason I didn't get one was becasue the looks were too sedate for my tastes - The Mitsu/Suzuki place wanted me to be the first one to buy one. But I opted for the Lancer GTS instead. Another great car that doesn't get a lot of recognition...and in my opinion...I like it that way. More unique and as poster said not a sheep follower. There are many reasons to like a car and brand name isn't one unless all you care about is resale after 5 years.

Suzuki is a great company that doesn't get too much respect in the US and that's other people poor oversight. Congrats on the ride biggz!

Thanks

.i too own gm tahoe v8 250-300 h/p do i care for all that ya see thats my point a lot of time h/p is just for bragging rights but its not practical 180 h/p gets me around just fine dont need the bragging rights.n 180 h/p is not under powered really its enough for everyday driving the new regal will have 170 h/p
    New Regal is 182hp. Which I think is low too. When Hyundai and Honda can get 198 and 190hp--then consider the high price of the Regal.

Back to Suzuki. Getting around "fine" is one thing. Marketing the car as a sports sedan and then not backing it up is misleading and lame. They are supposed to be fun when you push the gas pedal.

My former car (07 Cobalt 2.4L Auto) and new one, 04 Grand Am V6--would kill this Suzuki
    Last edited by avro206; 05-25-2010 at 06:31 AM.
    Proud Pontiac Owner
    2004 Grand Am SE V6 with 1SB package. Faster then my 2,4L Cobalt auto was! More fun to drive too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avro206 View Post
    New Regal is 182hp. Which I think is low too. When Hyundai and Honda can get 198 and 190hp--then consider the high price of the Regal.

Back to Suzuki. Getting around "fine" is one thing. Marketing the car as a sports sedan and then not backing it up is misleading and lame. They are supposed to be fun when you push the gas pedal.

My former car (07 Cobalt 2.4L Auto) and new one, 04 Grand Am V6--would kill this Suzuki
    Ahhh but it is fun handles very well you should drive one also still my same point you dont need all the h/p to have fun and test reviews on the track proves this 0-60 is very overrated who cares i know i dont it only matters when you on a track i never been on one never will 0-60 in 3 seconds and im driving to work i dont care it aint that serious not for me....in usa today they did a shootout kizashi came third bested by sonata and camry but the favorite was the kizashi for its sporty handling sorry man h/p is over rated.....all im saying give credit where its due dont just knock a name thats lame ..then i laugh when i see someone racing engining gunning to end right in front of me at the next light..its funny...what a waste go on the track will ya but for most they dont so i say i could pass on bragging rights
    Last edited by biggz1; 05-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SonicAerio View Post
    +1 to everything he says

Only reason I didn't get one was becasue the looks were too sedate for my tastes - The Mitsu/Suzuki place wanted me to be the first one to buy one. But I opted for the Lancer GTS instead. Another great car that doesn't get a lot of recognition...and in my opinion...I like it that way. More unique and as poster said not a sheep follower. There are many reasons to like a car and brand name isn't one unless all you care about is resale after 5 years.

Suzuki is a great company that doesn't get too much respect in the US and that's other people poor oversight. Congrats on the ride biggz!

congrats on your ride too its funny i was looking at lancer too but felt the kizashi was more to my taste...but ya see i respect that if a car is not to your taste its ok but dont knock a car because of the name or make for the sake of following

Thanks

beat you buddy speaking from experience i already own one nothing funky about the name to me
    If your Asian I guess...

My neighbor Hey I see you bought a new car, what is it? A Koshi A what? A kizoski? A what ? A-kiz-ashi A what? Ah never mind... its a Suszuki.

You get the picture...
    David N.
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    05 Rainier GSX
    Hidden Content

Thanks

If your Asian I guess...

My neighbor Hey I see you bought a new car, what is it? A Koshi A what? A kizoski? A what ? A-kiz-ashi A what? Ah never mind... its a Suszuki.

You get the picture...
    Lol i hear ya i dont have a problem though and i aint asian no even close

Thanks

Lol i hear ya i dont have a problem though and i aint asian no even close
    Glad your enjoying the car. I did take a look at one yesterday (there in our rental fleet) not bad.
    David N.
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    05 Rainier GSX
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Glad your enjoying the car. I did take a look at one yesterday (there in our rental fleet) not bad.
    so good take one for a spin it aint so bad sounds like you would like a manual i cant even drive manual but i heard even better for you guys who like to have bragging rights of course its still 185 h/p i would bet you love its handling lol...you might give up your car

Thanks

so good take one for a spin it aint so bad sounds like you would like a manual i cant even drive manual but i heard even better for you guys who like to have bragging rights of course its still 185 h/p i would bet you love its handling lol...you might give up your car
    lol I would never replace/get rid of my Buick's!

I didn't get a chance to drive it, it went out on rent as soon as it arrived. Of course they are all automatics, no sticks in a rental fleet.

Do they offer a 6 spd?
    David N.
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    05 Rainier GSX
    Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SonicAerio's Avatar
    Thanks

Do they offer a 6 spd?
    Yes, they offer a stick on ALL tryim levels - not just base

Thanks

lol I would never replace/get rid of my Buick's!

I didn't get a chance to drive it, it went out on rent as soon as it arrived. Of course they are all automatics, no sticks in a rental fleet.

Do they offer a 6 spd?
    DO YOURSELF A FAVOR PICK ONE UP.HIT SOME TWISTING ROADS YOU WILL SEE YOU DONT NEED ALL THOSE BRAGGING RIGHTS ITS A WANT NOT A NEED LOL

Thanks

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR PICK ONE UP.HIT SOME TWISTING ROADS YOU WILL SEE YOU DONT NEED ALL THOSE BRAGGING RIGHTS ITS A WANT NOT A NEED LOL
    I'm more of a straight line kind of guy I have been drag racing for about 25 years. The Sky is great in the twisties but it's better in the 1/4 mile!

Of course not as fast as my GN or GS, but fun none the less.
    David N.
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    05 Rainier GSX
    Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News