The Suzuki Kizashi thread - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Focus ZXW 5-speed

Re: The Suzuki Kizashi thread

Quote Originally Posted by silvergoat2k6 View Post
    This could have been a cool car if you could have got it with the manual transmission and AWD...but no, that would have just been too easy.
    Even if they offered it, no one would stock it. It wouldn't be easy finding even a FWD stickshift model anywhere but the Suzuki press fleet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I prefer manuals, will tolerate an automatic on occasion (my SL2 is an auto)...but I will never buy a car with a CVT in it.
    In my garage:

2006 Pontiac GTO
    2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
    2012 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT
    2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride

Kizashi vs. some actual and some of Suzuki's suggested competitors: TSX, Fusion, Mazda3, Legacy, Jetta:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1017-Autos...-6-comparisons

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Looks very bland and generic VW Jetta, Toyota Corolla to me and nothing that will get anyones attention except maybe the massive oversized grille. I sat in a few at the autoshow and the seats were nothing special and the interior didn't seem any roomier than the SX4. The price tag was sure a lot higher though.

Walking
    Thanks

I test drove a Kizashi today. It was a GTS equipped with the CVT but without AWD. I was thoroughly impressed with this car in ways that I couid not have imagined. My present car is an 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6 with a Steeda performance tune in the ECM, CAI and a Magnaflow catback exhaust. Although
    subjectively faster than the Suzuki, it does not even faintly engage me in the way the Suzuki does. The 4-cylinder engine makes hushed but
    intoxicating noises as it engages the smooth CVT transmission. The Kizashi is not a terribly fast car but it performs wonders with what it has to the extent that I began to reconsider the validity of 0-60 times as a determinant of a cars' worth. The kizashi is a very complete, satisfying whole: the fit and finish is superb, the seats are comfortable and supportive, the gauges and displays are elegant yet clear and the steering is sublime, much better than the system found in the Nissan Altima 3.5. I thought my next car would be a Mustang 3.7L or perhaps the Genesis coupe V6 because they are fast and can be made faster with aftermarket support but the Suzuki has changed my perspective regarding what I truly want from a car (and let's be honest want often trumps need in these cases) How appropriate would a high performance V6 be for someone like me who works and lives in NYC? I seldom drive fast or recklessly and I couldn't care less about bragging rights. The Kizashi is the more appropriate and possibly more satisfying choice for urban life. I pray Suzuki still has a presence in North America
    when I begin to look for a replacement for my Ford (possibly the end of this year) because the Kizashi is on my shortlist, in fact I think it is the list.
    Drive one to know!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,304 Times in 4,460 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

First, let me state unequivocally I really like the Superman emblem on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by bradyholt View Post

Kizashi vs. some actual and some of Suzuki's suggested competitors: TSX, Fusion, Mazda3, Legacy, Jetta:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1017-Autos...-6-comparisons
    Looking at its specs, I was comparing it to my Spectra. It's 500+ lbs. heavier, 5" longer, 12 grand costlier, gets poorer MPG, has what looks like a less friendly dash, but then my Spectra doesn't have the panache, gravitas, and overall high status that the Kashi or whatever is sure to garner.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchoman49 View Post
    Looks very bland and generic VW Jetta, Toyota Corolla to me and nothing that will get anyones attention except maybe the massive oversized grille. I sat in a few at the autoshow and the seats were nothing special and the interior didn't seem any roomier than the SX4. The price tag was sure a lot higher though.
    Indeed. Just because it's priced with them boys at 24+ grand doesn't mean it competes with them.

I liked the SX4 but I like my Spectra too. And Spectra gets considerably better MPG, according to various websites, than the SX4.

I'll pass. I have serious doubts about my compatibility with a CVT.

Thanks for the writeup, though.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride

How about you compare your Spectra to a BMW, too? I like the Spectra, but this just isn't something that compares in any way to a Spectra except that it comes from a disreputable automaker.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,304 Times in 4,460 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by bradyholt View Post
    How about you compare your Spectra to a BMW, too? I like the Spectra, but this just isn't something that compares in any way to a Spectra except that it comes from a disreputable automaker.
    Hahahahaha. Are you serious?

I was comparing sizes and weights, interior space, MPG, price...gee, don't I get to do that under your rules?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar zl-1's Avatar
    Thanks

That front end looks too much like a slightly melted VW Golf/Jetta...

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Hahahahaha. Are you serious?

I was comparing sizes and weights, interior space, MPG, price...gee, don't I get to do that under your rules?
    They're just not competitors. One is a good basic economy car, and one is a premium compact sports sedan. I would expect the economy car to be more fuel efficient and less expensive, and it takes nothing away from the premium compact for that to be the case.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC fast86-gn's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone stated ths car will rival the new Sonata? It's not even close!

I can't drive a car that sounds like lunch at a sushi bar. And I hate sushi.

I can't figure the name? They could have called it something more american?

If you want to call it that overseas ok but not here. The name really sucks and that won't help sales.
    David N.
    86 Regal GN Wknd Race/Show car
    87 Regal GN 45K Sons car
    00 Regal GS Wknd Driver
    01 Regal LS Supercharged Race car
    01 Regal GS Daily Driver
    08 Sky Redline Wife's car
    05 Rainier GSX
    12 LaCrosse 3.6 Wife's car
    Hidden Content

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast86-gn View Post
    Someone stated ths car will rival the new Sonata? It's not even close!

I can't drive a car that sounds like lunch at a sushi bar. And I hate sushi.

I can't figure the name? They could have called it something more american?

If you want to call it that overseas ok but not here. The name really sucks and that won't help sales.
    what sucks about the name you do realise its a japanese car right nothing wrong with the name camry is not american....sales shouldnt have nothing to do with the name..fact is this car is great excellent handling i gave this car a chance was so impressed i ending up buying it no regrets,,,i guess sonata is an american name...value for the money is great...perfect car in my opinion...dont need anymore h/p most time h/p is for bragging rights but not practical no racer here.....its looks better than a lot of the so called popular cars out there..and drives well....some people need to get off the so called popular name bandwagon and stop following like sheep and give credit where credit is due...is it only me but does anyone remember when nobody wanted to touch a hyundai..and i dont think the sonata is all that just my opinion though hell i think the nose is ugly...but i guess im wrong now for not following the masses..please
    Last edited by biggz1; 05-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,424 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

It looks pretty good

Not everyone needs a huge car or even a midsize car like a Camry

Yeah the name is unusual but that in itself will cause people to ask what it is and how you pronounce it

Hell heaps of people call a Camry a Cameray even after being on the market for decades.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information