NAIAS 2015: The Two Cars that Stuck With Me

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: NAIAS 2015: The Two Cars that Stuck With Me

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Buick LaCrosse

NAIAS 2015: The Two Cars that Stuck With Me

As I've been thinking about NAIAS, which just recently ended, two cars have constantly been sticking out in my mind. (And they are at very different ends of the automotive spectrum)
    There were a lot of wonderful cars that were on display at the show, but they were all talked about and the two that I have in mind were over to the side.
    The first was the Jeep Renegade, a small Jeep that one might compare to a box on wheels. The Renegade isn't out yet, but one was open to sit in and explore. I was pleasantly surprised by the interior space, ergonomics and the overall vehicle. I predict that it will be a superior seller when it hits dealers, especially with the starting price of less than $18,000. If I were in the market for a new, small SUV, I'd pass the Chevy Trax and Nissan Juke for the Renegade.

The second vehicle was the 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe, a low slung, two-seat coupe which is the first sports car from Jaguar in a long time. From the moment I folded myself into the driver's seat, I was in love. I'm a bigger person, but the seat still fit me like a glove and I found the cabin space extremely comfortable. Speaking of the passenger space, the leather-lined cabin was efficiently laid-out and everything looked and felt top-notch.
    Another thing that helps the F-Type is that the exterior is drop-dead gorgeous! Even though styling is always subjective, there is little about the styling of the coupe that could be considered offensive. My two favorite aspects of the exterior are the voluptuous curves at the 'hips' and the throwback taillights that evoke thoughts of the stunning E-Type of the 60s.

The Renegade starts around $18,000 while the F-Type ranges from $65,000 to well over $100,000 for a well-equipped, top-of-the line model.
    Last edited by 96RIV; 01-27-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS: 80,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    2002 Buick Park Avenue: 224,600 Miles
    1996 Buick Riviera: 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport: 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 12-6-2017

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 96RIV For This Useful Post:

Dave B (02-19-2015),Michael_S (02-20-2015),zl-1 (02-19-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: The Two Stickiest Cars from NAIAS 2015

Can't argue with your choices...I dig the little jeep and the v8 supercharged jaguar f type...

Both fun and stylish..

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Yes. F-Type R AWD will make me drool for ages.

Looks are okay; I don't find them stunning, but they're good enough... and that exhaust note.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Lincoln MKT

Nope,neither one do a thing for me.

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 Times in 3,256 Posts

The thread title confused me.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    I was expecting two cars covered in flypaper, but was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Buick LaCrosse

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Sorry, typed it up in class and I guess I got a little overly-inspired, haha.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS: 80,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    2002 Buick Park Avenue: 224,600 Miles
    1996 Buick Riviera: 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport: 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 12-6-2017

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: NAIAS 2015: The Two Cars that Stuck With Me

Problem is that it seems Jeep won't offer a manual trans Renegade with low range
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

The Jag is cool but the Jeep just looks odd to me like a cow with a skinny waistline or something.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Dave B's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 96RIV View Post
    As I've been thinking about NAIAS, which just recently ended, two cars have constantly been sticking out in my mind. (And they are at very different ends of the automotive spectrum)
    There were a lot of wonderful cars that were on display at the show, but they were all talked about and the two that I have in mind were over to the side.
    The first was the Jeep Renegade, a small Jeep that one might compare to a box on wheels. The Renegade isn't out yet, but one was open to sit in and explore. I was pleasantly surprised by the interior space, ergonomics and the overall vehicle. I predict that it will be a superior seller when it hits dealers, especially with the starting price of less than $18,000. If I were in the market for a new, small SUV, I'd pass the Chevy Trax and Nissan Juke for the Renegade.

The second vehicle was the 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe, a low slung, two-seat coupe which is the first sports car from Jaguar in a long time. From the moment I folded myself into the driver's seat, I was in love. I'm a bigger person, but the seat still fit me like a glove and I found the cabin space extremely comfortable. Speaking of the passenger space, the leather-lined cabin was efficiently laid-out and everything looked and felt top-notch.
    Another thing that helps the F-Type is that the exterior is drop-dead gorgeous! Even though styling is always subjective, there is little about the styling of the coupe that could be considered offensive. My two favorite aspects of the exterior are the voluptuous curves at the 'hips' and the throwback taillights that evoke thoughts of the stunning E-Type of the 60s.

The Renegade starts around $18,000 while the F-Type ranges from $65,000 to well over $100,000 for a well-equipped, top-of-the line model.
    The Jeep should have been in the pic in the mountains.....like it went up there in 4wd, and the Jag should have been it the pic with the brick building in the background.................

(If I were taking the pic of the Jag it would be in the English countryside or on a race track maybe...)

Ok, all kidding aside, they are 2 totally different classes of vehicles, but
    I like them both for what they are.
    ------------------------------
    07 Impala 3.5L VVT ..ONSTAR ROCKS... (GF's car)
    99 Cutlass 3.1L
    94 GMC Jimmy
    Many GM Vehicles Over The Years
    Some MOPAR stuff with Mods...Hidden Content

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information