My review: 2011 Grand Cherokee

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: My review: 2011 Grand Cherokee

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Focus ZXW 5-speed

My review: 2011 Grand Cherokee

The Examiner.com site just went through a major redesign, so apologies in advance for anything that's still not working quite right:
    http://www.examiner.com/autos-in-nat...herokee-laredo

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Re: My review: 2011 Grand Cherokee

Nice real world review of a terrific and very well done all new ute.
    Certified car nut...ask me, I've probably owned it, driven it, sold it...or thought about it...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

As usual, I think that's a pretty fair and balanced review.

I'm assuming the Jeep dealership would have been displeased if your test included taking the vehicle off road and pounding the blazes out of it. But it would have been nice to see how it handled Jeep's traditional strength, off-roading.

Some other reviews criticized the V6 for performance. But I'm assuming that's from people who tested a Ferrari the day before and planned on driving a CTS-V the day after. My Flex has a roughly similar power-to-weight ratio and while I'd never take it to a track it's fine for regular driving.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Focus ZXW 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_S View Post
    As usual, I think that's a pretty fair and balanced review.

I'm assuming the Jeep dealership would have been displeased if your test included taking the vehicle off road and pounding the blazes out of it. But it would have been nice to see how it handled Jeep's traditional strength, off-roading.

Some other reviews criticized the V6 for performance. But I'm assuming that's from people who tested a Ferrari the day before and planned on driving a CTS-V the day after. My Flex has a roughly similar power-to-weight ratio and while I'd never take it to a track it's fine for regular driving.
    I think it was clocked in the mid-8s 0-60 -- nothing stellar, but not slow. That sort of acceleration is only a problem when the engine is struggling to get it, and the Grand Cherokee's never feels like it's overworking to move.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_S View Post
    Precisely...and this happens more often than not with too many reviews. Realistically, it's a great match for the GC and will only get better with DI and other changes over years to come.
    Certified car nut...ask me, I've probably owned it, driven it, sold it...or thought about it...

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information