Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    Yeah I think he is another one of these guys that don't get the differance between WHP and Crank HP.
    Oh gotcha. That explains a lot then. I was amazed that it completely creamed a car that ought to make north of 300 horsepower, basically competing with a GP GXP.

Quote Originally Posted by SAngelo View Post
    The Regal GS should challenge these cars when it hits the streets but it will outclass every one of these cars in terms of handling and driving dynamics.
    Should challenge regular family sedans? That's pretty embarassing since it'll compete one class up (and get embarassed there). It won't compete with the Sonata 2.0T though. The Regal GS will be Malibu-fast and even that is only on the level of that there GTP that got smashed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,857 Times in 4,731 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    Oh gotcha. That explains a lot then. I was amazed that it completely creamed a car that ought to make north of 300 horsepower, basically competing with a GP GXP.

Should challenge regular family sedans? That's pretty embarassing since it'll compete one class up (and get embarassed there). It won't compete with the Sonata 2.0T though. The Regal GS will be Malibu-fast and even that is only on the level of that there GTP that got smashed.
    To paraphrase Dirty Harry...or was it Dirty Bill?: It all depends on what you mean by class.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    To paraphrase Dirty Harry...or was it Dirty Bill?: It all depends on what you mean by class.
    Darn you and yer fancy sayings.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,562 Times in 3,774 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by SAngelo View Post
    The Regal GS should challenge these cars when it hits the streets but it will outclass every one of these cars in terms of handling and driving dynamics.

I doubt it. It's an underpowered pig. If it only has the 255 HP and 295 TQ, the Sonata will embarrass it, and so will a Malibu V6 and Fusion Sport. Handling... all of them suck. FWD has horrible handling characteristics, and the Regal isn't excluded. It may do better than a Fusion, but that really isn't saying much. A G8 though...
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,857 Times in 4,731 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    Darn you and yer fancy sayings.
    Dern it! Look, I just observe, listen, and repeat. Yes I can.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information