In the Garage Cadillac CTS 3.0 - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the Garage Cadillac CTS 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,871 Posts

Re: In the Garage Cadillac CTS 3.0

Good GOD, how far back can a person go to find threads ?????????????

The CTS is only being re-named, right?
    "The Four Most Over-Rated Things In Life Are Champagne, Lobster, An*l Sex, And Picnics."

-Christopher Hitchens

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Good GOD, how far back can a person go to find threads ?????????????

The CTS is only being re-named, right?
    Yes. CT5 is coming. Funny thing is that Cadillac could possibly have no problem with name recognition on the streets.. as the letters CTS or not much different than CT5... CTS/CT5

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,382 Times in 3,106 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse
    Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Saddens me to realize that the CTS is not much longer for this world.
    I think they should keep the CTS name due to brand equity. Everyone paying attention knowscwhat a CTS V and CTS Vsport is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

DaBangBang (02-18-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I think they should keep the CTS name due to brand equity. Everyone paying attention knowscwhat a CTS V and CTS Vsport is.
    This is a remnant of JDN trying to rationalize the naming scheme. His intentions were just.. but I think the reason why the CTS is becoming the CT5 is because the "5" looks a lot like the "S" as crazy as that sounds. To be honest the Cadillac naming scheme has been weird for a while. It is further marred by the fact that the Escalade is a named vehicle. If they announced that they were going back to names I wouldn't have an big issue, but would be still confused as to why. The CT is to stand for "Cadillac TOURING". Originally the names were set as:

CTS= Catera Touring Sedan

STS= Seville Touring Sedan

DTS= Deville Touring Sedan

XLR= eXtreme Luxury Roadster

SRX= (I believe ) Seville Crossover

Escalade

It would have made sense too had they not come out with the CTS Coupe in Gen 2 and called it CTS Coupe instead of the obvious "CTC." When the replacement for the DTS and supposed flagship for the brand was announced it was to be called XLS then DT7, which is where I bet JDN pulled the numbers game from. Anyway.. it could work.. if the just fukking stick to it. They don't even have to use even or odd numbers anymore to denote sedan or coupe. Hell Audi now has a A5 (Sportback) sedan. BMW has a 6Series (Grand Touring) Sedan. Its gotten confusing as hell LOL

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

The ATS, and CTS combine into the CT5. Which begs the question. How much ATS, and how much CTS remains?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    To this I would say if there was such "brand equity" sales would be much better than they are. I would say the CTS name has lost most of its luster.
    "The Four Most Over-Rated Things In Life Are Champagne, Lobster, An*l Sex, And Picnics."

-Christopher Hitchens

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,382 Times in 3,106 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    The ATS, and CTS combine into the CT5. Which begs the question. How much ATS, and how much CTS remains?
    There is a CT4 mule running around

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    This is a remnant of JDN trying to rationalize the naming scheme. His intentions were just.. but I think the reason why the CTS is becoming the CT5 is because the "5" looks a lot like the "S" as crazy as that sounds. To be honest the Cadillac naming scheme has been weird for a while. It is further marred by the fact that the Escalade is a named vehicle. If they announced that they were going back to names I wouldn't have an big issue, but would be still confused as to why. The CT is to stand for "Cadillac TOURING". Originally the names were set as:

CTS= Catera Touring Sedan

STS= Seville Touring Sedan

DTS= Deville Touring Sedan

XLR= eXtreme Luxury Roadster

SRX= (I believe ) Seville Crossover

Escalade

It would have made sense too had they not come out with the CTS Coupe in Gen 2 and called it CTS Coupe instead of the obvious "CTC." When the replacement for the DTS and supposed flagship for the brand was announced it was to be called XLS then DT7, which is where I bet JDN pulled the numbers game from. Anyway.. it could work.. if the just fukking stick to it. They don't even have to use even or odd numbers anymore to denote sedan or coupe. Hell Audi now has a A5 (Sportback) sedan. BMW has a 6Series (Grand Touring) Sedan. Its gotten confusing as hell LOL
    Everyone elses naming convention makes sense...Cadillac's new naming convention only highlights the amount of holes it has in it's lineup.

• CT6 - first car w/ CT# numbering scheme, but "why is it 6 and not 7 or 8...Is there a bigger Cadillac I can buy now...no? How about something smaller, a CTS? but doesn't S come after 6? Crap, I don't know anything anymore, and What in the frump is an ATS, i thought your cars were CTs"
    • XT4 - "Oh wow, a Caddy crossover but its a little too big...do you have something smaller like a 3 or 2?"
    • XT6 - "Ah...a bigger crossover than the XT4/5, but its only a 6, I'd like something a little larger, where's the 7? Oh an ESCALADE...how big is that? Jeez that's too big".

You know what this is like...a person showing off by having a personalized license plate "----- 4" like he has 3 other cars but only has one.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 02-19-2019 at 04:53 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information