F-150 2-Cab

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: F-150 2-Cab

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 3,791 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

F-150 2-Cab

As opposed to king cab or lumberjack cabin.

I needed to haul off some branches that met with gravitational forces and lost, for the past few months. So U-Haul it was.

I don't know what year or what mill, it was definitely a V8 and definitely an automatic. And I didn't wring it out within an inch of its life to see what she had. I drove it like 90% of the vehicle-aimers I see on the road drive. Except I wasn't texting or talking and I always used my turn signals.

So it's up high to hop into this thing. And the dash and controls are all new. And it has the column shifter, a victim of uncoolness discrimination in our modern world.

But all my impressions further cemented my long-held belief that these big trucks are simply updated sedans of the '60s and '70s, with more weight, more power, better MPG, better reliability, and bigger tires.

Smooth easy power, I can feel the torque from the git-go. Good old V8 torque. The automatic is very smooth, almost seemless. The truck/car rides very smoothly, as smooth or smoother than our car-cars. The outside mirrors must have about the same frontal area as my Soul's entire front end. Yooj mirrors give a yooj view, which is good.

The air was pretty good, though the controls weren't quite as simple as those on our Soul and PT Cruiser. The radio wasn't too difficult to re-tune from whatever noise the parking lot banditos had tuned it to, to WJR or WSTD.

The back end holds lots of junk, but as I looked at my wood pile I knew it would be two runs to relocate the branches to the wood recycler. I pay them to take it, then people pay them for the chipped wood. Good deal.
    I guess I should've rented a box truck.

So that's it. Comfortable, powerful, smooth, modern HVAC and radio/whatever, good view out. The '60s, updated.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (07-08-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,771 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Re: F-150 2-Cab

2-Cab . I miss the good old daze when we had Crew cabs and Extended or Club Cabs.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    2-Cab . I miss the good old daze when we had Crew cabs and Extended or Club Cabs.
    Two man cab. Two person. It'll take three but the middle doesn't look too comfortable. Not like a bench seat of Olden Days.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

TruckMan (06-23-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,771 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Two man cab. Two person. It'll take three but the middle doesn't look too comfortable. Not like a bench seat of Olden Days.
    Thanks, that would be a Regular Cab truck then. They are becoming a rarity any more it seems.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Thanks, that would be a Regular Cab truck then. They are becoming a rarity any more it seems.
    Yeah, fitty-eight, I WAS going to say "standard cab" but everything I see on the road is a four-door raised and squared off sedan. I mean, pickuptruck. 'Scuse!

That seems to be the new standard.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-22-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements