Chargers, 300s, Challengers Too! - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chargers, 300s, Challengers Too!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Dodge Charger

Re: Chargers, 300s, Challengers Too!

Congrats, it is a good car. I still feel the 2011 newer LX cars are some of the best made in the sub-40K category.

I love my Charger 3.6.
    Current Whips:
    1979 Chevy K10 Stepside (350 4-spd, waiting to be restored)
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 (Z71, 80,000 mi, leather,5.3 )
    2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 (street legal dual sport, 70 mpg, woo hoo!)
    2011 Dodge Charger (3.6 V6)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,571 Times in 4,573 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by cdp326 View Post
    Congratulations! An "NCIS"-effect I see.

So how does it compare to your old 200 so far?
    Yeah, but I think NCIS cars are Jazz Blue.

Lower. I've rapped my head three times so far. Part of that is due to the departed Soul's having head room like a living room and I'm not used to a lower roof. I hardly ever use the sun visors in this, and don't need vent visors because the greenhouse is cut low.

I love dual zone vs. auto temp, no contest there. The gauges in the 200 were better designed, more like the Soul IIRC.

Charger has a cool toy front-and-center where I can pull up oil temp and press, ATF temp, coolant temp, engine hours, and of course the ever-popular running MPG. Which right now is hanging at 24-25 with lots of town driving.

The trannie is night and day. The 6A in the 200 had some hesitation and skipping in the lower gears. It felt quicker, perhaps it was, or perhaps it was the torque steer. The 8A ZF is smooth as butter.
    I haven't put this to the metal in 1st gear yet because the factory recommends no WFO in 1st for the first 500 miles. OK in other gears, briefly.

Charger cabin is larger but lower. Charger has far more street presence. The 200 is a fairly anonymous looking car in a sea of anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by smokyn454 View Post
    Congrats, it is a good car. I still feel the 2011 newer LX cars are some of the best made in the sub-40K category.

I love my Charger 3.6.
    Yeah, this one's a keeper.

How's the cruising in Big Sky Country?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations! Sounds awesome. You'll have to give us a long term review in a few months.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_S View Post
    Congratulations! Sounds awesome. You'll have to give us a long term review in a few months.
    Roger that, Michael. I'm still figuring out the gizmos. Cannot get the radio to set at 590AM for some reason.

Had to punch it in a merge-behind-a-semi situation this morning. Kicked down to first I think, and it took off like a banshee. Feels as quick as the 200, including the slightly squirrely torque steer feel, this time with RWD.

I may have to trade it already. My CR arrived today and I see the Charger is much less reliable than the 300! Wonder how they do that?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Dodge Charger

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

Yeah, this one's a keeper.

How's the cruising in Big Sky Country?
    The charger was made for eating up miles in my large state. No to mention, with the snow tires, winter is no big deal either.

So do you have the 8.4 screen? or the smaller 4.3 ? I can show you a cool trick if you have the 8.4
    Current Whips:
    1979 Chevy K10 Stepside (350 4-spd, waiting to be restored)
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 (Z71, 80,000 mi, leather,5.3 )
    2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 (street legal dual sport, 70 mpg, woo hoo!)
    2011 Dodge Charger (3.6 V6)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 funkypunnk's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats, and you may have gotten one of the last american chryslers. I wont be in the market for another car for around a year, and by then they will most likely be Fiat in every way with Fiat wanting to buy out the VEBA. I buy American so my choices get whittled down to GM and Ford, so that leaves the SS which is boring, the CTS which is expensive, and no RWD full size from Ford. Oh well, I guess I'll have to drive the wheels off the G8!
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hidden Content

2015 Suburban LTZ
    2008 Pontiac G8
    1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport
    1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Vert
    1962 Manx Style Dune Buggy
    1960 Buick LeSabre Vert

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 funkypunnk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Roger that, Michael. I'm still figuring out the gizmos. Cannot get the radio to set at 590AM for some reason.

Had to punch it in a merge-behind-a-semi situation this morning. Kicked down to first I think, and it took off like a banshee. Feels as quick as the 200, including the slightly squirrely torque steer feel, this time with RWD.

I may have to trade it already. My CR arrived today and I see the Charger is much less reliable than the 300! Wonder how they do that?
    When you spend more money you complain less to justify your extra spending.
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hidden Content

2015 Suburban LTZ
    2008 Pontiac G8
    1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport
    1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Vert
    1962 Manx Style Dune Buggy
    1960 Buick LeSabre Vert

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Congrats. Have fun with that RWD-ness. The Hitman-family is staying put in our current rides for several more years.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks
    My Ride

I'm not crazy about the electronic shifter. I suggest steps like the 5A has.

And it's odd getting used to the proximity key. I enjoy the magic trick of the doors unlocking when I put my fingers under the door handle. But getting out of the car, I wonder why I don't have to turn off and remove the key.

Quote Originally Posted by smokyn454 View Post
    The charger was made for eating up miles in my large state. No to mention, with the snow tires, winter is no big deal either.

So do you have the 8.4 screen? or the smaller 4.3 ? I can show you a cool trick if you have the 8.4
    I have the 4.3. Is there a top secret compartment somewhere that a wee .40 cal or snubbie will fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunnk View Post
    Congrats, and you may have gotten one of the last american chryslers. I wont be in the market for another car for around a year, and by then they will most likely be Fiat in every way with Fiat wanting to buy out the VEBA. I buy American so my choices get whittled down to GM and Ford, so that leaves the SS which is boring, the CTS which is expensive, and no RWD full size from Ford. Oh well, I guess I'll have to drive the wheels off the G8!
    We'll see how this all works out.

Off topic...have you done a diff service? Fair amount of talk at Charger forums about changing out the diff fluid, posi or not. Metal shavings in the juice, at pretty low miles.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=160085

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunnk View Post
    When you spend more money you complain less to justify your extra spending.
    That or you are CR and you don't have to bother 'splainin deficiencies in your "research base."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Congrats. Have fun with that RWD-ness. The Hitman-family is staying put in our current rides for several more years.
    I thought I'd be a Soul man for years. I actually do like the RWD feel, it's cool.

As I said, I believe George Norre sent some Greys from coast-to-coast-am who implanted a Challenger suggestion in what remains of my brain. The mighty Neanderthal thought process overrode the suggestion, and here I am in a Charger!

BTW, congrats yourself on 19 years. I presume you plan on a few more. When I got my 20-year letter, I pushed paper like there was no tomorrow!

Hope you're enjoying your rides, and thank you for your service to our nation.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information