Acura ILX

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acura ILX

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,119 Times in 4,367 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Acura ILX

I thought, Civic....Acura...what's the difference?

So I dropped into the local Acura Emporium. Right in the middle of the showroom floor--small showroom--there's a silver NSX. $179,200 and it's yours!

It's raining and snowing and snaining, and where three or four actual cars that customers might want to look at and sit in and maybe even drive or buy, there is that thang with "DO NOT TOUCH" signs all over it. Talk about form over function.

I personally give a crap about cars I don't want and can't afford and would not buy even if I won the lottery, but apparently Mgmt., Inc. thinks SOMEONE will be impressed.

I had not read up on Accs so I was at the salesman's mercy. No catalogues. WTF? You have a 200 grand DO NOT TOUCH car on display for the peasants, but no brochures? Someone's priorities are really sideways.

At any rate, a sales guy showed up and we had kowffee and towktt. All the staff were polite and had been to Social Skills 101 class which is always a plus. The opposite of the VW dealer, pretty much.

So we went and sat in a Premium model, #2 (above the cleverly-named Base) in the four-model hierarchy and tooled around the parking lot. It was 4:30 Friday and it was snowing and I didn't see the point in taking the car out to see how it sits in traffic.
    I returned today, we drove a base model. It's the only one that doesn't have two screens and all sorts of hieroglyphic "touch me" controls. ALL the car tester guys complain about the confusing setup Honda, pardon me Acura, has cursed this car with.

Mandatory sunroof. Definitely cramps the cabin.
    Plusses: heated seats, push-button starting, and dual zone are standard. Oddly, there's no sunglass holder and the passenger seat does NOT adjust up or down. At 19.5" to 20" high this is the lowest, along with the Civic sedan. The "leatherette" upholstery is K-mart smart. What is the point? Nice cloth, nice cloth is nice. The leatherette does not feel good or smell good or be good.

The trunk is on the small side at 12 cu. ft. The back seat folds down as one, no split folding seats for Honda by golly! Acura.

The doors close CLUNK! This car really feels solid. I still remember the Elantra door that felt so tinny. The sales guy did an introductory spiel about high strength steel and this and that.

Unlike the Civics, this car has a 2.4 (I call it the Accord engine) cranking 201 HP @ 6800 and 180 TQ @ 3600. With an 8-speed dual clutch WITH torque converter it feels like a normal trannie. The engine pulls from on low, just like the charged Civic 1.5.

Unlike the Civics, this car does NOT have that cool camera on the right side mirror. Instead there's a vertical line and apparently a wide-angle lens on the outside inch of the mirror. Disorienting and it makes the mirror appear to have warped or wavy glass. NOT an improvement over the cheaper cousin.

We sit low, like an Austin Healy 3000. There's crap falling from the sky, it's about 29 degrees and a misty rain helps me appreciate modern carbon-based civilization and all its amenities.
    Like cars. With roofs. And heaters.

The ILX (really, is that the best name youse guys can conjure up? ) rides firm but comfy. The seats are firm but comfy. Not hard as rocks like some Honda seats. The wipers do their job professionally and soundlessly. The windshield seems small. I think this car is 55" tall, definitely on the low side in today's Utility World.

The trannie has no DCT creeping or jerking characteristics. The power is smooth, torkey, and according to tests this is a mid-6-second car to 60. C&D acceleration numbers are very close to the Civic, which is plenty quick.

We drove a 10-mile loop which has a merge-to-freeway corner. The car gets up and scats. It doesn't feel as powerful as the Civic, the benchmark of cars I've driven, but I need dry pavement to tell for sure.

Steering is weighty and quick. The brakes are modern brakes. Weight distribution is 63/37, pretty front heavy.

The gauges are conventional twin pod, easy to see. The HVAC and radio controls are reasonably easy to decipher. WHY do so many of today's makers love tiny buttons?

From Autotrader:
    In a class with such well-established performers as the BMW 3 Series, the Audi A3 and the Cadillac ATS, the 2017 Acura ILX is a bit of an outsider. Although its Honda roots are well-concealed, the ILX doesn't have the muscle or equipment to effectively compete in this league -- although for those who favor bulletproof reliability over performance and pedigree, we may have a match.

If you pay close attention, you can feel the previous-generation Honda Civic's presence in the ILX model's soul. Power is derived from a 2.4-liter engine offering up 201 horsepower but only 180 lb-ft of torque. Sadly, there's no 6-speed manual, but in its place is an excellent 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Considering the ILX model's enticing starting price of around $29,000, it may not have the commanding power and presence of past premium sedans, but it's a good fit for these fast-changing times.

The 2017 Acura ILX comes in one model with six possible options packages.

Standard on the ILX ($28,930) are 17-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, keyless entry with push-button ignition, automatic climate control, automatic LED headlights, a tilt-telescopic steering wheel, an 8-way power driver's seat, leatherette seating surfaces, heated front seats, heated side mirrors, Bluetooth with streaming audio capability, a 5-in color display that controls many accessory functions (including a read-aloud SMS text feature), a rearview camera, a 6-speaker 160-watt sound system with iPod/USB connectivity, Pandora Internet Radio and active sound cancellation.

The AcuraWatch package on the base car includes adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, lane-departure warning, collision-mitigation braking and forward-collision warning.

The Premium package adds a 7-speaker 360-watt premium sound system, leather seating, rear cross-traffic alert, a blind spot monitoring system, a 7-in multiuse touchscreen, HD and Aha Radio, Siri Eyes Free, a power passenger seat and a 2-position driver's-seat memory feature.

The Technology Plus package includes the Premium and AcuraWatch packages, plus an 8-in display and a hard-drive-based navigation system that offers 15 gigabytes of music storage and a 10-speaker ELS audio system.

The A-SPEC package can be added to either the Technology Plus or Premium package and brings 18-in alloy wheels, sport seats with Lux Suede inserts, black headliner, fog lights, a rear spoiler and aluminum sport pedals.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-review...-review-258632

Car and Driver ranks it #3 in its class. Consumer Reports, #16 I believe. Soooooo...

C&D:

This isn’t your average dual-clutch automatic. The weakness of most such applications is the initial throttle tip-in response from a dead stop. Clutches can be jerky and/or slow engaging. The ILX is unusual in that has a torque converter, yielding yacht-rock smoothness off the line with quick, solid upshifts. From behind the leather-trimmed wheel, you’d never know this automatic has three times the coupling devices of a manual transmission. In other words, the new gearbox is forgettable, though in a good way.

The altered tranny adds time to the track-test numbers compared with the old manual 2.4. With a 6.6-second 60-mph time and a 15.2-second quarter, the ’16 model is 0.2 second off the mark of the last 2.4-liter ILX we tested. Adding the extra hardware also helped inflate the curb weight by 164 pounds over the old 2.4, but the 3134-pound sedan, here in A-Spec form, doesn’t feel any heavier. Steering is appropriately light for an entry-level luxury four-door.

The old TSX wasn’t a BMW, but it was hard-core Honda, with a balanced chassis and perfectly satisfying controls that spark happy memories even years later. As with so many Acuras of late, there’s no interaction with the jejune ILX that we think we’ll remember in a decade. On the road, it handles competently enough, the understeer gradually building well before the tires lose grip. There seems to be more real-world adhesion than the 0.83-g skidpad score suggests, and the ILX glides through corners with surprising confidence and body control, at least some credit belonging to the A-Spec’s slightly wider tires.

Wheelbase: 105.1 in
    Length: 181.9 in
    Width: 70.6 in Height: 55.6 in
    Passenger volume: 89 cu ft
    Cargo volume: 12 cu ft
    Curb weight: 3134 lb
    *edit: Turning circle 36.8*

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 6.6 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 17.2 sec
    Zero to 120 mph: 28.5 sec
    Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 7.0 sec
    Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.7 sec
    Top gear, 50-70 mph: 4.6 sec
    Standing ľ-mile: 15.2 sec @ 94 mph
    Top speed (governor limited): 133 mph
    Braking, 70-0 mph: 184 ft
    Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

FUEL ECONOMY:

EPA city/highway driving: 25/36 mpg
    C/D observed: 29 mpg

TEST NOTES:
    The six 70-mph panic stops spanned 17 feet, revealing an unusually high amount of fade. Most cars can keep all six stops within 5 to 10 feet of each other.

http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/ilx
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 12-18-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

2b2 (12-17-2016),BlackGTP (12-17-2016),ChrisGinNC (12-18-2016),Ed753 (12-18-2016),gkr778 (12-22-2016),neshapop (12-17-2016),t-rexx (12-17-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,338 Times in 4,136 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: Acura ILX

Doesn't seem to have anything about it to draw a customer in, competent but not compelling.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Al63240 (12-19-2016),Neanderthal (12-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Ride

It's a nice car, GTP, but so are the Civics. And I need to get by and take a Mazda3 out on a longer drive. And what sort of Civic or 3 can I get for 30 grand?

I need to work on summaries for all these, it will help give me clarity and perhaps the reader too.
    One plus here is great resale which means excellent lease rates ($219/mo advertised w/$2500 down = $283 w/0 down which is negotiable which means 250 or lower is achievable) which means I can drive a 30 grand car for about the same monthly cost as a 22 grand car. How does that work?

Plusses:
    Dual zone.
    Heated seats.
    Proximity key.
    It's attractive.
    It's relatively cheap. Appeals to a cheapskate like myself.
    It's tight as a drum.
    Warranty: 4/50 B-B and 6-70 powertrain.
    It drives solid, like a much heavier car.
    Quick.

Minuses:
    Real world MPG is poor relative to its Civic kin and Mazda3.
    Cramped interior.
    Mandatory s'n'oof.
    Naugahyde faux leather. K-mart. WTF?
    Mandatory complex command center with up-options (common today with everyone).
    It's low. Seats are about 20" off the ground. Others (Mazda, VW) are about 22" high.
    Speedo/tach combo can't compare to Civic.
    No hatch.
    No split-folding rear seat. It folds as one as my 2003 Accord did. Really?
    No sunglasses holder. Really? Who cheaped out here?

I ran across this from 2012 by Dave Mable in CD when I was trying to figure out if the salesman was blowing smoke or was talking reality about the high cost of turbo repair work, aka warranty costs:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/why-hon...deep-thoughts/

" To many observers, Honda appears to be going through the corporate equivalent of a mid-life crisis. Supply problems from the effects of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami and flooding in Thailand, along with less-than-complimentary write-ups on the new Civic by Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, and others, are bearing the brunt of the blame for the slump in calendar-year 2011 sales. Further issues: Acura’s inability to attain tier-one luxury-car consideration or status among consumers, Honda’s attempt to build a pickup truck, and the firm’s precipitous sales decline in its home market of Japan. But even though it will raise the ire of Honda executives and brand loyalists alike, the company’s problems aren’t simply the aftereffects of the world’s climate gone mad or a substandard take on a bestselling vehicle. It’s worse than that. There is good reason to consider Honda to be in a similar place as General Motors was in, say, January of 1981. We need to preface this by saying the business and product environment of 31 years ago couldn’t be more different from the climate in which the Japanese company seems to be struggling today, but the parallels with what is happening to Honda now are all too familiar to students of The General’s decline.

In May of 2009, Jim Collins, an author who contributes to the Harvard Business Review and other business journals, published How the Mighty Fall. In the book, Collins describes the five stages of demise in the world of modern business.

They are:
    Stage 1: Hubris Born of Success
    Stage 2: Undisciplined Pursuit of More
    Stage 3: Denial of Risk and Peril
    Stage 4: Grasping for Salvation
    Stage 5: Capitulation to Irrelevance or Death

Honda’s problems ultimately aren’t engineering problems. They aren’t manufacturing problems or product problems, either. Those are just manifestations of the real issue. Honda’s problems are management problems. The past two decades have seen Honda devolve into an American car company headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Drunk on North American profits, the company has performed horribly in the troubled Japanese domestic market, it has been unable to get any significant traction in Europe, and is a non-player in much of South America."

^^ Interesting, but that corporate problems tend to be management problems is not groundbreaking or rocket science. Or brain surgery, right Ben Carson?
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 12-18-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (12-18-2016),Ed753 (12-18-2016),neshapop (12-18-2016)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    It's a nice car, GTP, but so are the Civics. And I need to get by and take a Mazda3 out on a longer drive. And what sort of Civic or 3 can I get for 30 grand?

I need to work on summaries for all these, it will help give me clarity and perhaps the reader too.
    One plus here is great resale which means excellent lease rates ($219/mo advertised w/$2500 down = $283 w/0 down which is negotiable which means 250 or lower is achievable) which means I can drive a 30 grand car for about the same monthly cost as a 22 grand car. How does that work?

Plusses:
    Dual zone.
    Heated seats.
    Proximity key.
    It's attractive.
    It's relatively cheap. Appeals to a cheapskate like myself.
    It's tight as a drum.
    Warranty: 4/50 B-B and 6-70 powertrain.
    It drives solid, like a much heavier car.
    Quick.

Minuses:
    Real world MPG is poor relative to its Civic kin and Mazda3.
    Cramped interior.
    Mandatory s'n'oof.
    Naugahyde faux leather. K-mart. WTF?
    Mandatory complex command center with up-options (common today with everyone).
    It's low. Seats are about 20" off the ground. Others (Mazda, VW) are about 22" high.
    Speedo/tach combo can't compare to Civic.
    No hatch.
    No split-folding rear seat. It folds as one as my 2003 Accord did. Really?
    No sunglasses holder. Really? Who cheaped out here?

I ran across this from 2012 by Dave Mable in CD when I was trying to figure out if the salesman was blowing smoke or was talking reality about the high cost of turbo repair work, aka warranty costs:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/why-hon...deep-thoughts/

" To many observers, Honda appears to be going through the corporate equivalent of a mid-life crisis. Supply problems from the effects of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami and flooding in Thailand, along with less-than-complimentary write-ups on the new Civic by Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, and others, are bearing the brunt of the blame for the slump in calendar-year 2011 sales. Further issues: Acuraís inability to attain tier-one luxury-car consideration or status among consumers, Hondaís attempt to build a pickup truck, and the firmís precipitous sales decline in its home market of Japan. But even though it will raise the ire of Honda executives and brand loyalists alike, the companyís problems arenít simply the aftereffects of the worldís climate gone mad or a substandard take on a bestselling vehicle. Itís worse than that. There is good reason to consider Honda to be in a similar place as General Motors was in, say, January of 1981. We need to preface this by saying the business and product environment of 31 years ago couldnít be more different from the climate in which the Japanese company seems to be struggling today, but the parallels with what is happening to Honda now are all too familiar to students of The Generalís decline.

In May of 2009, Jim Collins, an author who contributes to the Harvard Business Review and other business journals, published How the Mighty Fall. In the book, Collins describes the five stages of demise in the world of modern business.

They are:
    Stage 1: Hubris Born of Success
    Stage 2: Undisciplined Pursuit of More
    Stage 3: Denial of Risk and Peril
    Stage 4: Grasping for Salvation
    Stage 5: Capitulation to Irrelevance or Death

Hondaís problems ultimately arenít engineering problems. They arenít manufacturing problems or product problems, either. Those are just manifestations of the real issue. Hondaís problems are management problems. The past two decades have seen Honda devolve into an American car company headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Drunk on North American profits, the company has performed horribly in the troubled Japanese domestic market, it has been unable to get any significant traction in Europe, and is a non-player in much of South America."
    Pretty much like any premium or entry luxury brand out here, all badge/grill appeal but not much value for the list of standard or typ. overpriced options. I would go Honda over Acura any day. Same thing although would not apply for combos Toyota/Lexus or Nissan/Infiniti but I was not a fan of their designs since brand inceptions.

That probably explains huge sale gains for big German Trio (Not that corny 80's band with Da-da-da stupid song)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to neshapop For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (12-18-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,193 Times in 4,832 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

That is cheaper than the price I was quoted for ~$23K Civic Sedan EX-T.
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

Thanks
    Thanked 3,370 Times in 1,836 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

They made a TSX wagon that was interesting. Not much to see here.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

t-rexx (12-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,338 Times in 4,136 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

And probably exactly why near-luxury as a stand alone concept doesn't work so well anymore. "Base" brands like Ford, Chevy, Honda, et al. can now be optioned up pretty well and are very competent, by the time near-luxury brands are done adding toys and such to differentiate the cars from the lesser brands the cost is so high you might as well buy luxury.

I think Honda has one other problem similar to GM's - refusal to change while all other brands have changed. I think that is Honda's biggest problem, not trying anything that is really new/bold. However, unlike GM they have good quality and a strong following - that will keep satisfied customers coming back for decades to come where GM scared off their loyal customer with shoddy quality.

Thanks
    My Ride

*! OOPS! I don't qualify for that conquest least rate, so it's $239.
    http://www.acurafinancialservices.co...s-new-vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    That is cheaper than the price I was quoted for ~$23K Civic Sedan EX-T.
    Yeah, and that's before haggling not to mention "ditch year-end inventory."

Major demerits to me are low MPG vs. top competitors (barely any better than my Soul, not exactly a Mobil Economy Run champ by any stretch), somewhat cramped quarters, funny split-view outside mirrors, and K-mart upholstery. BUT that's a sweet price to advertise up front.
    Move the metal!

I shopped the Hatch EX which stickered at $23,635, about the same car as the EX-T sedan.
    White Honda said $280/mo. with zero nothing zippo up front. He implied other dealers will slip in some cash requirement. Bob White (real name, or so he says) said no cash. That is NOT considering military cash of 500 bucks.

Brown Honda said w/$500 down (actual $1000 minus military break of $500) $250/mo.
    Both for 12,000 miles x 3 years.

Close enough to shave with.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    And probably exactly why near-luxury as a stand alone concept doesn't work so well anymore. "Base" brands like Ford, Chevy, Honda, et al. can now be optioned up pretty well and are very competent, by the time near-luxury brands are done adding toys and such to differentiate the cars from the lesser brands the cost is so high you might as well buy luxury.

I think Honda has one other problem similar to GM's - refusal to change while all other brands have changed. I think that is Honda's biggest problem, not trying anything that is really new/bold. However, unlike GM they have good quality and a strong following - that will keep satisfied customers coming back for decades to come where GM scared off their loyal customer with shoddy quality.
    Caprice, anyone? AFAIK that is the original "luxury cheap car."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Caprice

Well...they DID bring out a hatch. They DID introduce a CVT, turbo bitty motor that hauls serious ass, and their "compact" cars look as big as the last-gen Impalas when you see them on the street now.

But the low low seat and the lack of a stupid sunglass holder...

OTOH, I LOVE that camera off the right side rearview mirror. IT IS THE COOLEST!
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 12-18-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (12-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Ride

Acura ILX

So Nick, today I'm at the Chevy Dealer, getting some free maintenance on the Volt, thinking about your Acura Dealer visit; 3 "No Touch" Corvette's and 1 "No Touch" Ferrari in the showroom!? They do also have a Demo-Malibu, Silverado and Cruze Hatch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,011 Times in 3,389 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Was that the one with Navigation? Neanderthal, man I love your posts..

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

2b2 (12-20-2016),Neanderthal (12-20-2016)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,684 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    So Nick, today I'm at the Chevy Dealer, getting some free maintenance on the Volt, thinking about your Acura Dealer visit; 3 "No Touch" Corvette's and 1 "No Touch" Ferrari in the showroom!? They do also have a Demo-Malibu, Silverado and Cruze Hatch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    What happens if you do touch it? Will it fall apart?
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisGinNC For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (12-20-2016)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC TAWashington's Avatar
    Thanks

Acura isn't luxury it's a main stream brand.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar gkr778's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,252 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by TAWashington View Post
    Honda is the mainstream brand for American Honda. Acura is its luxury brand.

Automotive News classifies Acura as a Tier 2 luxury brand, similar to Infiniti and Volvo. Tier 1 luxury automotive brands in the U.S. market are BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

ChrisGinNC (12-20-2016),Ed753 (12-20-2016),Neanderthal (12-20-2016)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,011 Times in 3,389 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by TAWashington View Post
    According to some, Acura is a luxury brand, first tier and Buick is a regular brand below Kia

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (12-20-2016),TAWashington (12-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    According to some, Acura is a luxury brand, first tier and Buick is a regular brand below Kia
    Who says "Buick is a regular brand below Kia"?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed753 For This Useful Post:

ChrisGinNC (12-20-2016),Neanderthal (12-20-2016)

29. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information