90 Days Soul Man

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 90 Days Soul Man

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,158 Times in 4,388 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

90 Days Soul Man

I've been in Elwood three months now. I'm at about 2000 miles, I'd be further along but I sustained some nasty injuries at my last chiro visit a couple of months ago and many activities ache or hurt now. I've been to two docs--one nurse actually, one doc--and they both want to send me to PT. Been there done that, they injure as often as they heal. Looking for Number Three.

So...still boo coo happy with the Soul. I love the agility, yes it could use another 50 HP but I say that about every car I own so no biggie. I'm glad to have a tried-and-true 6A, I hear enough complaints about the "new and improved" 8A and 9A and maybe 10A. It ain't broke, don't fix it.
    The overall MPG as you can see from Fuelly is 2+ MPG better than the '13 1.6 and '15 2.0. This mill just feels smoother. I'm toying with the idea of an intake, they're supposed to be good for 7-10 HP, we'll see.

The biggest other difference I see is the AC must have an improved dehumidifier, because neither of my earlier Souls left drip drip drips in the driveway when I came home on a hot day. I always found that odd, but the cabins were cold so no worries.

The stock Nexen CP671 seem to ride and track just as well as the P7 Pirellis on the '15. I haven't had a chance to put them to the wet test, but I will.
    They're quiet and smooth like the Pirellis. Tire Rack has zero reviews of these tires for some reason. I guess the drifters, welfare cheats, and bums who frequent KIA dealerships don't think about tires a lot. "Got air? It's good!"

So no news is good news. Car is A-OK, glad I've got it.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (10-27-2017),Ed753 (11-04-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

Re: 90 Days Soul Man

Sounds like having a Soul (instead of the Mazda 6 or any other sedan) is going to be a lot easier getting in and out of, especially with any kind of injury.

We just passed 34,000 miles on our 2017 turbo Soul, still no major complaints, but with the cooler weather coming in the MPG's are dropping a bit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mjd1001 For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (12-01-2017)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 669 Posts
    My Ride
    E93, STS, MX5, CRV

The short wheelbase can cause a flinty ride, especially in California where expansion joints are -just- long enough between each other to make the whole car rock back and forth, chattering your teeth.

Generally fine in any other state.
    "The Artist Formerly Known As Jesda"

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jesda1 View Post
    The short wheelbase can cause a flinty ride, especially in California where expansion joints are -just- long enough between each other to make the whole car rock back and forth, chattering your teeth.

Generally fine in any other state.
    I'll be expelling Kalifornika from the union soon, so No Worries! If they don't withdraw first, that is. Can't wait!

OTOH, going to 16s and a more compliant tire might help. Or drive faster.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    I'll be expelling Kalifornika from the union soon, so No Worries! If they don't withdraw first, that is. Can't wait!

OTOH, going to 16s and a more compliant tire might help. Or drive faster.
    Sweet...so if we are expelled does that mean I can keep my federal tax dollars? If so, I'm down with that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 61BelAir For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (07-16-2018)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 61BelAir View Post
    Sweet...so if we are expelled does that mean I can keep my federal tax dollars? If so, I'm down with that.
    They're all yours!! Don't worry, be happy!

Disclaimer: No Neanderthal will be deemed responsible in any way for adverse legal consequences resulting from imaginary expulsion.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information