2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Re: 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Wife wanted to replace the diesel cruze with a diesel terrain but I wouldn't go for it since all the terrains are made in mexico.
    Test drove a few different Equinoxs, gas and diesel, 1LT to Premier, all FWD.

Things I noticed:
    -diesel was noticeably slower than the 2.0L in the cruze, -nox/+cruze
    -manual shift function for the nox is functionally gone, -nox/+cruze
    -DIC display/controls are step backwards, -nox/ +cruze
    -front seats more comfortable in nox, heated cloth, +nox/ -cruze
    -nox has more road noise and window modules are louder -nox/ +cruze
    -when comparing 1.5L gas to the 2.0L diesel in the cruze I was surprised that from 2-3,500 rpm the diesel is quitter and sounds more refined. Don't need to run the diesel higher than that in normal driving.
    -even with all the park assist [email protected] on the premier I wish the side mirrors were larger.

In the end the final nail in the coffin for replacing the cruze was all the diesel 'noxs I searched in inventory were made in mexico. So with GM shutting down Lordstown, which affects people I know, we passed. Really wished they would have put the 2.0L diesel in the Gen2 Equinox.
    Cruzin on.....think we've been spoiled with 50+mpg hwy for the last 4 yrs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Equinox/2019/Pacific Blue

https://www.cars.com/research/chevro...sumer-reviews/

Something positive like to share with you. We tend to read Reviews JD Powers MotorTrend etc. But over the years I always question their intent. I also like to refer to customer reviews. People who actually own the vehicle for their opinion. I too will do reviews on these sites . As an owner not someone who leases cars I usually look for is Reliability then Performance from the consumer. Then I decided how much is this worth to me based on market value of other cars and their issues. I must tell you with this frame work in mind just the last 3 cars alone, 2 Terrains and now fingers crossed this 2019 Equinox the consumer is usually never wrong. They did their homework for me. You can always get that Monday morning lemon this is true but away from the noise personal agendas after reading some few thousand reviews on several car sites with an average consumer rating verified 4.8 some 4.6 they cant all be wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nyminute For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-02-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,842 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by nyminute View Post
    https://www.cars.com/research/chevro...sumer-reviews/

Something positive like to share with you. We tend to read Reviews JD Powers MotorTrend etc. But over the years I always question their intent. I also like to refer to customer reviews. People who actually own the vehicle for their opinion. I too will do reviews on these sites . As an owner not someone who leases cars I usually look for is Reliability then Performance from the consumer. Then I decided how much is this worth to me based on market value of other cars and their issues. I must tell you with this frame work in mind just the last 3 cars alone, 2 Terrains and now fingers crossed this 2019 Equinox the consumer is usually never wrong. They did their homework for me. You can always get that Monday morning lemon this is true but away from the noise personal agendas after reading some few thousand reviews on several car sites with an average consumer rating verified 4.8 some 4.6 they cant all be wrong.
    Back in about the 2008 or 2010 time frame my father was looking for a new SUV coming out of a Jeep Cherokee. I went with him and locally we drove all the various models from everybody in what he was looking for. Jeep Wrangler, Patriot even , Toyota 4Runner, Nissan X-Terra. We came away deciding for every day livability and ease of use the X-Terra fit the bill and was most comfortable. Ford and Chevy weren't even in the ball game with no competitor to be had. He ended up buying a slightly used 2008 model out of Cali. So today he has a a 2013 model that he traded the 2008 on. Doing your research and test drives really do pay off.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Back in about the 2008 or 2010 time frame my father was looking for a new SUV coming out of a Jeep Cherokee. I went with him and locally we drove all the various models from everybody in what he was looking for. Jeep Wrangler, Patriot even , Toyota 4Runner, Nissan X-Terra. We came away deciding for every day livability and ease of use the X-Terra fit the bill and was most comfortable. Ford and Chevy weren't even in the ball game with no competitor to be had. He ended up buying a slightly used 2008 model out of Cali. So today he has a a 2013 model that he traded the 2008 on. Doing your research and test drives really do pay off.
    That's the way to do it! My Dad also gave me one more advice I always stick to. Never buy the first year model change of the car you want. This is why I waited for the 2019 Equinox to purchase not the 2018. Get the kinks out if any.

Thanks
    My Ride

Interesting development just happened. I got a call from another dealership service department. Im registered for several over the years in my area. First they told me I still get 2 free oil changes not 1. More importantly I just got sent a Confirmation Email coupon code for another 2 free oil change and tire rotations for my Eqinox as an offer if I would service my vehicle with them. I dont know if this works with leases but as an owner why not. That's 4 free oil changes I'm up to now! Im good for 2 years. May want to look into this as a negotiation tool after your purchase. These service station make money on our warranty why not get something back for it!

Thanks
    My Ride

Coupon update..... Got 3 free oil changes besides the free 1 or 2 that came with Equinox now. Doesn't appear to be expiration date. See a little creativity and GM has the best oil change program once again! lol

Thanks
    My Ride

The debate 1 oil change tire rotation or 2 . A dealership by my house here is their policy...……………………

Complimentary GM Complete Care

During your first 24,000 miles or 24 months of ownership (whichever comes first), we cover your vehicle’s first two(2) oil and filter changes and two(2) tire rotations according to your vehicle’s maintenance schedule.

Plus my 3 free coupons they just sent me. I now have a total of 5 free oil changes and tire rotations. Good for every 6 months the way I like it. Just have to shop dealerships after you buy your car and see which one has the best maintenance policy and negotiate a bit.

Thanks
    My Ride

Now I mention names City Buick GMC
    43-60 Northern Boulevard, Long Island City, NY 11101 reached out to me to begin with. I did not call them. Promised me coupons for free oil changes if I would service my new 2019 Equinox with them even though I did not purchase it there. I said fine. I get a call 2 hours later explaining they can not service my vehicle or honor coupons they sent me because I did not purchase vehicle there. The part about not servicing my vehicle is absolutely not true. They did in fact service my 2015 Terrain which was not purchased there, my local dealership will service my 2019 Equinox, I did not purchase it there either. Now this is why GM has an image problem. Dealerships like this having no respect and play games with GM customers. I personally will never step foot in that dealership ever again. Boy I am sure glad I never purchased a car there. Last GM service I recall that treated me with a lack of respect went out of business, that's right Krystal Auto. Guess they are next they continue this path.

Thanks
    My Ride

History seems based on 2017 and older. Hopefully trend continues if not gets better.

Chevrolet Equinox Reliability Rating

https://repairpal.com/reliability/chevrolet/equinox

Thanks
    My Ride

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/life...033598457.html

As an owner of this SUV I have to agree with his assessment. With respect to the 1.5-liter turbo four , I have I say it is a smooth ride and overall impressive handling unlike my prior 2015 and 2016 Terrain's which I also owned. They was a bit sluggish.

Thanks
    My Ride

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/rese...tandhp#image=1

J.D. Power Study
    Most Dependable Cars on the Road
    Chevrolet and Buick round out the top five.
    Last edited by nyminute; 02-17-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride

https://www.sportchevrolet.com/Vehic...=Equinox#close

Came across this dealership ad from Silver Spring Maryland for new Equinox's. If your in the market for one this is how I started. Getting an idea how low these ads can mislead...…. I mean start knowing you wont qualify for every rebate but dealership's will get creative and try to make up ones for you. Takes time , may have to go to a few till you get your price or close to it. Its a guideline. Hope it helps!

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks

I purchased my leftover 2016 Corvette 2LT at Sport for just over $20k off the $70k MSRP in Oct 2017. They honored their aggressive pricing and were reasonable to deal with.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tripowergto Jan2003 For This Useful Post:

nyminute (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tripowergto Jan2003 View Post
    I purchased my leftover 2016 Corvette 2LT at Sport for just over $20k off the $70k MSRP in Oct 2017. They honored their aggressive pricing and were reasonable to deal with.
    Very nice!!! Congrats! Enjoy use in good health! I was using their ad as an example. They are low prices. I came pretty close to their pricing at my dealership for $24006 after taxes for my 2019 1LT FWD . But its not easy , takes time. Get caught up with that GM Lease rebate $1500. If you dont qualify like I never that's where it gets tricky.

Thanks
    My Ride

2020 Equinox to receive a good deal of changes as part of its refresh.

Read more: http://***********.com/blog/gm/chevr...#ixzz5huJAvLit

Have to type in...………... GM Authority (no spaces) where the ***** is in your browser . Im sorry I dont control this problem.
    Last edited by nyminute; 03-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information