2012 cruze ls auto

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 cruze ls auto

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

2012 cruze ls auto

Just a short summary of my first week with my Blue Cruze LS.

To sum up my story, I had a 2011 2LT Cruze with a sunroof, around 15,000 miles. I backed into the side of my garage ,went to get it fixed, and impulse bought an Equinox 1LT. I loved the Equinox and all of the room it had, but gas was killing me. I drive around 90% highway, 3000 miles a month, and while it was rated at 32MPG, I never saw more then 25MPG on a fill up in the 6,000 miles I had it.

I got a TOP-UP offer in the mail, and thought I would look at the Cruze LS. Looked at it, ended up getting it with a sticker of $18,995 for $13,500 plus I got only $500 less for the Equinox then I paid for it. My review will basically be comparing certain things of the Cruze LS to 2LT.

Engine: I had a Saturn Astra which I believe was the same engine, and man is it better in the Cruze. My Astra was over 3500 RPM from what I remember at around 75MPH, and the Cruze is less, but also so much quieter and better on gas, I would only asume most of this is due to the Automatic 6 Speed transmission. The transmission is horrible around town, definitely where I feel like the car lacks, and I can just tell by the high revs I am losing MPG here. If I drive it in manual mode I am able to squeeze a few MPH by locking it into a higher gear when I'm at a constant speed. So far, I'm averaging around 31MPG on my first 500 miles/ I'm getting the Rostra Cruise Control installed tomorrow, so that should help by at least 1MPG I'm thinking. The majority of my driving is a 50 mile commute to work at a constant 65MPG with no traffic. I was averaging around 30 per tank on my Cruze with the turbo, but I was probably driving around 70-75 to be fair, and it was summer so I was constantly using the air conditioning and remote start. At a highway Cruise I don't notice much of a difference in engines, it might be louder with the 1.8.

Interior: The interior is good, I really like the 2 Tone Cloth seats, they seem much more durable then the leather. They are cheap, but I drive so much/ they seem comfortable, I always have friends in the car with roadtrips and stuff, and they seem like they can take a beating. One thing I do not like at all is the awkward shelf on the dash board. I wish you could make it into a compartment like on the higher end models, or the '11 LS. It just looks cheap and unfinished open. I am really glad they added power mirrors on the LS for '12, the manual mirrors looked so cheap from the inside of the car.

Exterior: It's a base model, so I'm fine with the black mirrors/ lack of fog lights. I really want to get wheels/ I like how Sonic comes with standard basic wheels over hub cabs, and i'm trying to figure out how to get factory wheels/ or get modest aftermarket 16" or 17" wheels installed.

So far, I'm not regretting the purchase at all. With in my first month of owning it, it will have over 6,000 miles and I'm glad I was able to get out of the Equinox while I could. I miss the backup camera, and color touch screen from the Equinox. I will be saving $175 a month on my payment, with only adding 2 months to the end. Also, should be saving $75-110 a month in gas, which is definitely appreciated with how quick prices are climbing.

Feel free to ask me any questions!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,180 Times in 4,403 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: 2012 cruze ls auto

Interesting story, Nate. Glad the trade worked out for you.
    I hope your MPGs get well into the 30s once that puppy is broken in. You do pack the miles on.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,390 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

One thing you got wrong - Cruise Control is worse for ecconomy not better

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,541 Times in 3,772 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Post some pictures!
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    One thing you got wrong - Cruise Control is worse for ecconomy not better
    My drive to school, and work are both over 25 miles each way, all flat roads, and in my Equinox, and former Cruze I always seem to get better MPG if I lock Cruise at 65, I don't know if it's because I don't go over 65/ or if it's just because its' a constant speed on a flat road, but for my personal driving, it seems to be better .

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Cool review, thanks for sharing your experience. I did not find many reviews for LS trim.

Does it have Bluetooth standard?

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

It was part of a $275 package. It offers Bluetooth, USB port for iPhone/iPod hookup, and stereo controls on the steering wheel. If you really don't need the USB port I would probably just use a good bluetooth headset. With every GM vehicle I've owned everyone always complains about how I sound on the bluetooth/ maybe it's because I'm short and not close to the microphone? But I like having the USB port, as well as being able to skip songs/ turn up the volume from the steering wheel.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Nice review. What is a Top-Up offer? What ever it is getting over $5,000 off the Cruze is amazing. I didn't think they were laying that much cash on the hood to move them....
    "Good artists copy, great artists steal" Pablo Picasso

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

The $2,000 is part of the GM Flexible Rewards Card, every so often, usually every 6 months, they top up your rewards to $2,000.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a reflash for trans shifting. Tell them to do it.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

I had that done on my 2LT '11. But shouldn't the '12 have came with it? Thanks!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Yer right. I'm slooooowww. But I'd ask anyway.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 2,582 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

The only issue I'd worry about is the timing belt. It will certainly eat into your gas savings. At 6k miles a month you are looking at a change in 16.5 months at $700-800 a pop.

Still, glad you are getting good mileage with the 1.8.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Camry SE

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    The only issue I'd worry about is the timing belt. It will certainly eat into your gas savings. At 6k miles a month you are looking at a change in 16.5 months at $700-800 a pop.

Still, glad you are getting good mileage with the 1.8.
    My monthly average is usually only 3,000, however I'm taking a few trips this month. That is a very good point. For most, I would say a 1LT OR ECO is probably better for most people, but I always trade in before 30,000 miles so I had to look at which would hold its value best based on purchase price.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 2,582 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Crazy. I'd think I would rock the Cruze for as long as possible before getting rid of it. I know you said you arent loosing much money on the trade-in's but thats just insane you would trade every 10 months.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information